- - - - -

What Is The Deal With The Hellbringer-F(C)?

34 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

It seems like you cannot buy an Omnipod from it even though it is using an Omnipod from another Hellbringer Variant.

I guess you cannot buy Omnipods from Champions? I do not remember it that way....

And it is not for sale for cash, the only way to get it is to buy $30.00 worth of MC (which is not happening)

P.S what does F stand for anyway?

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 08 April 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

the Helbringer F(L) was one of last years reward Mechs, if you had purchased any Clan Mech pack between october 2015 and September 2016 you got that Mech, it is available in the store, but last year I think it was July or August before the 2015 rewards Mechs were released for Cbills, and pods for new Omnimech varients cannot be purchased before the cbill release.

F means the 6th common configuration designed for that omnimech.

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 08 April 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

F means the 6th common configuration designed for that omnimech.

7th actually.

It starts with Prime, then goes A, B, C, D, E, F, etc. Also there is the U designation for ones designed for underwater use.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

Yes, that is how I got the F (L) on this account.

But this is the F (C) so...it is not the Loyalty Mech, it is a "Champion". And from what I understand, Champions are only bought through MC.

It has an HBR-A Head and an HBR-Prime Left Torso. So this is not the HBR-F(L). My HBR-F(L) came with an HBR-F Head and an HBR-F(L) Left Torso. But even if you buy the HBR-F(C) there is no HBR-F Head or Left Torso.

The new Hero is the HBR VI. So where are the C, D, and E variants?

So is what is the deal with it?

#5 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

Which reminds me, I got something like 4 Loyalty Mechs from buying mech packs. Another plus that comes with spending real money.

Here is the one in the store. Notice the lack of an HBR-F Left Torso.

Posted Image

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 April 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

But this is the F (C) so...it is not the Loyalty Mech, it is a "Champion". And from what I understand, Champions are only bought through MC.

It has an HBR-A Head and an HBR-Prime Left Torso. So this is not the HBR-F(L). My HBR-F(L) came with an HBR-F Head and an HBR-F(L) Left Torso. But even if you buy the HBR-F(C) there is no HBR-F Head or Left Torso.

Basically when PGI asked the community to make a champion build for the Hellbringer the community went through a loophole and used omnipods that are not yet available to the public in the champion build so that players could use that build early instead of having to wait until it comes out for cbills. Champion builds don't have to use the stock omnipods and are often built around meta builds for a chassis. In this case the 2 LPL+3 ERML build was the best the Hellbringer could take but relied on the loyalty pods in a way similar to the Summoner relies on its loyalty pods for the torso mounted dual ERPPC build that ended up getting the Summoner nerfed after years of being terrible.

You'll be able to buy them for cbills eventually, just not yet.

Also PGI doesn't put out every variant of a mech, so they did the Prime, A, and B, but then skipped to F for the loyalty variant.

Here is the sarna page where you can see the variants of the Hellbringer.
http://www.sarna.net...llbringer_(Loki)

They go all the way to H.

#7 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

-S is for City Fighting. As such they have jump jets.

Cheers!

Edit: not the hellbee obviously. That was generalized. Also I dont know what the -W was for...

Edited by 762 NATO, 08 April 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 08 April 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Basically when PGI asked the community to make a champion build for the Hellbringer the community went through a loophole and used omnipods that are not yet available to the public in the champion build so that players could use that build early instead of having to wait until it comes out for cbills. Champion builds don't have to use the stock omnipods and are often built around meta builds for a chassis. In this case the 2 LPL+3 ERML build was the best the Hellbringer could take but relied on the loyalty pods in a way similar to the Summoner relies on its loyalty pods for the torso mounted dual ERPPC build that ended up getting the Summoner nerfed after years of being terrible.

You'll be able to buy them for cbills eventually, just not yet.

Also PGI doesn't put out every variant of a mech, so they did the Prime, A, and B, but then skipped to F for the loyalty variant.

Here is the sarna page where you can see the variants of the Hellbringer.
http://www.sarna.net...llbringer_(Loki)

They go all the way to H.

I understand what a Champion Build is and I consider them really lame. They offer nothing new to the Mech, it's just a way to for PGI to make real money since you have to buy them with MC.

Looking through the store I do not see one Champion or one Hero of any Mech that can be bought with C-Bills so...I'm confused. Nothing personal, but I think you are wrong. But then I've been wrong about 50 times so if you can link where I can buy them for C-Bills that would be great.

If you go to the "in the game" store, you find that there are 13 "Heavy" Champions.

If you go the store (gift store) on the website, you find only 11 "Heavy" Champions for sale for cash.

The Hellbringer and the Warhammer are not for sale for cash like the other 11. I'm not sure when the Hellbringer Champion came out so "maybe" in some way it is too new? (makes no sense).

But the Warhammer? So I looked and found that the Mastery Bundle for the Warhammer is no longer for sale.....Anywhere. It's not for sale in the in the game store or on the website "gift store".

Sooo, what is up with the Champion Hellbringer and the Warhammer Mastery Bundle?

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 08 April 2017 - 09:07 PM.

#9 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

View Post762 NATO, on 08 April 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

-S is for City Fighting. As such they have jump jets.

Cheers!

Edit: not the hellbee obviously. That was generalized. Also I dont know what the -W was for...

I would love JJs. On my alt account, I just went through mastering 3 ShadowCats and sold two of them to buy my first Hellbringer. I keep trying to use JJs and Masc, lol.

I moved both JJs and MASC to the thumb direction whatever (I'm really tired right now) and they are much easier to use.

Posted Image

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:15 AM

Ok, admit it, you guys and gals are stumped...hehe

#11 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 April 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

I understand what a Champion Build is and I consider them really lame. They offer nothing new to the Mech, it's just a way to for PGI to make real money since you have to buy them with MC.

Looking through the store I do not see one Champion or one Hero of any Mech that can be bought with C-Bills so...I'm confused. Nothing personal, but I think you are wrong. But then I've been wrong about 50 times so if you can link where I can buy them for C-Bills that would be great.

If you go to the "in the game" store, you find that there are 13 "Heavy" Champions.

If you go the store (gift store) on the website, you find only 11 "Heavy" Champions for sale for cash.

The Hellbringer and the Warhammer are not for sale for cash like the other 11. I'm not sure when the Hellbringer Champion came out so "maybe" in some way it is too new? (makes no sense).

But the Warhammer? So I looked and found that the Mastery Bundle for the Warhammer is no longer for sale.....Anywhere. It's not for sale in the in the game store or on the website "gift store".

Sooo, what is up with the Champion Hellbringer and the Warhammer Mastery Bundle?

The Hellbringer champion is the loyalty variant. It's not available for purchase yet (community created it so that people could use the trial mech before it's sale for cbills). Once the mech releases, you'll be able to buy a regular version for cbills, or the already kitted out Champion build for MC.

As for the Warhammer, it's in the store. It was never a mastery bundle at all, it's a mech pack.

https://mwomercs.com/warhammer

Hope that answers your questions. The loyalty mechs are supposed to be released this summer if I recall correctly. The last wave (2015 loyalties) took them a whole year to release to public, and I think they are going to be sooner than that this time due to the strength of the omnipods on some of the mechs.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

So I looked and found that the Mastery Bundle for the Warhammer is no longer for sale.....Anywhere. It's not for sale in the in the game store or on the website "gift store".[/b] Sooo, what is up with the Champion Hellbringer and the Warhammer Mastery Bundle?

to the best of my knowledge there has not yet been a Warhammer Mastery Bundle, the Warhammer Champion was introduced in the last patch, and a Mastery Bundle always consists of a Hero, a Champion and 1 regular varient, as the WHM champion has been around for less than 3 weeks that seems like a short space of time to create a mastery bundle and remove it from sale and the only 70 ton Mastery Bundle is $2 cheeper than the Warhammer pack with hero, 4 Mechs for $35 vs 3 for $33 I am not sure it would be worthwhile making mastery bundles for the single Mech packs.

#13 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

I assure you I was not incorrect and I'll explain to you why in more detail.

You can't buy the champion mechs themselves for cbills, as they are just what PGI uses for trial mechs and they allow them to be bought with an XP boost. You can buy their base variants, and run the exact same builds on them as you would the champion variant if you also use the same omnipods.

Hero mechs are never sold for cbills and the champion mechs themselves that give the xp boost aren't either, but their non xp boosting variants with stock builds, rather than the trial builds, are sold for cbills.

There has never been a Warhammer mastery pack, just the mechpack itself. Mastery packs haven't been coming out for over a year now, seemingly replaced with the normal mechpack options now that full packs such as the resistance and clan wave packs have stopped coming out. Also, if you notice, none of the newest champions that have come out are available for cash purchase on this site yet. Note the Mauler and Kodiak also missing from the on site store but being ingame.

#14 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

Ahh, I finally remembered, I won a Warhammer pack in a contest. And I bought the Hero. Which is why I have 4 of them.

PGI started using Champions as Trial Mechs a couple of months ago I think. I know they were not doing this when I started playing about a year ago.

I do not remember anyone being able to use a Loyalty mech as a Champion but then I have not been here long.

At the online store, PGI sells 31 Heros or cash and 46 Champions. But no Warhammer or Hellbringer. I guess because they are new.

I guess on my alt account I will have to wait till the HBR-F to come on sale for C-Bills.

My excuse is insomnia...lol, I only sleep on about the only 5th night or so. I get a little loopy most of the time.

#15 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

well just have your alt keep using the Trial HBR, by the time you can purchase it for C-Bills, you have all the XP to master it, or for skill points.

I wasn't aware till reading this thread that previous Loyalty mechs sell for C-Bills, Now I don't mind the HBR-F(C) is a trial.

#16 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 April 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

The Champion mechs can only be bought with MC but are typically a copy of existing mechs or in the case of the omnimechs may be bits and pieces from other variants.
If the Champion uses parts from a variant (such as the F) which is not yet available for purchase with c-bills, then that will be where you are getting stuck.
At some point in the future the loyalty F variant will become available for c-bill purchase and then you will be able to purchase those omnipods.

With the recent little player submitted contest for champion mechs, that's where that one has come from.

It's the same for the reinforcement mechs in the packs I believe.

Edited by 50 50, 09 April 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#17 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 09 April 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Ahh, I finally remembered, I won a Warhammer pack in a contest. And I bought the Hero. Which is why I have 4 of them.

PGI started using Champions as Trial Mechs a couple of months ago I think. I know they were not doing this when I started playing about a year ago.

I do not remember anyone being able to use a Loyalty mech as a Champion but then I have not been here long.

At the online store, PGI sells 31 Heros or cash and 46 Champions. But no Warhammer or Hellbringer. I guess because they are new.

I guess on my alt account I will have to wait till the HBR-F to come on sale for C-Bills.

My excuse is insomnia...lol, I only sleep on about the only 5th night or so. I get a little loopy most of the time.

PGI has been using champion mechs as trial mechs since champion mechs were a thing. Its been going on for years now and solved the issue of what mechs new players use if they don't have one purchased. Before champion mechs the trials were stock mechs.

PGI is the one who picks the mechs for people to use, this time around was the first time in which out of the mechs available there were loyalty variants not yet out for cbills that also happened to have good hardpoints and some of the best builds.

#18 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 April 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Which reminds me, I got something like 4 Loyalty Mechs from buying mech packs. Another plus that comes with spending real money.

Bleh, i got the potatoe blackjack only. Reminds me not to spend my real money only on MC.

#19 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 09 April 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

well just have your alt keep using the Trial HBR, by the time you can purchase it for C-Bills, you have all the XP to master it, or for skill points.

I wasn't aware till reading this thread that previous Loyalty mechs sell for C-Bills, Now I don't mind the HBR-F(C) is a trial.

Well, it is a Champion so it will never be on sale for C-Bills, just MC. If the HBR-F does come out one day then I can get it but it depends on how long it takes. It sucks because I'm doing this account without buying anything for cash.

I only plan on having maybe 4 Mechs on this account for some time. A Shadowcat and three Hellbringers will make a 240 ton Clan Drop deck. I played Trial mechs till I could buy my first Shadowcat. Then I worked to buy the 2nd and the 3rd. And I got a mech bay playing FW using trial mechs.

I had to sell 2 of the Shadowcats to buy my first Hellbringer. I need 8 million more C-Bills to buy the 2nd one. With no Premium Time, it is hard grinding, lol.

I wanted to run the two C ER PPCs like I do on this account but that is not going to happen. Putting them in the same Torso leaves you weaponless way too often.

P.S. I so need sleep....

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 09 April 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#20 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 09 April 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Well, it is a Champion so it will never be on sale for C-Bills, just MC. If the HBR-F does come out one day then I can get it but it depends on how long it takes. It sucks because I'm doing this account without buying anything for cash.

I only plan on having maybe 4 Mechs on this account for some time. A Shadowcat and three Hellbringers will make a 240 ton Clan Drop deck. I played Trial mechs till I could buy my first Shadowcat. Then I worked to buy the 2nd and the 3rd. And I got a mech bay playing FW using trial mechs.

I had to sell 2 of the Shadowcats to buy my first Hellbringer. I need 8 million more C-Bills to buy the 2nd one. With no Premium Time, it is hard grinding, lol.

I wanted to run the two C ER PPCs like I do on this account but that is not going to happen. Putting them in the same Torso leaves you weaponless way too often.

P.S. I so need sleep....

The F pods will come out sometime before the end of the year for cbills. It's going to be a long wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users