- - - - -

What Is The Deal With The Hellbringer-F(C)?

34 replies to this topic

#21 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 09 April 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Well, it is a Champion so it will never be on sale for C-Bills, just MC. If the HBR-F does come out one day then I can get it but it depends on how long it takes. It sucks because I'm doing this account without buying anything for cash.

I only plan on having maybe 4 Mechs on this account for some time. A Shadowcat and three Hellbringers will make a 240 ton Clan Drop deck. I played Trial mechs till I could buy my first Shadowcat. Then I worked to buy the 2nd and the 3rd. And I got a mech bay playing FW using trial mechs.

I had to sell 2 of the Shadowcats to buy my first Hellbringer. I need 8 million more C-Bills to buy the 2nd one. With no Premium Time, it is hard grinding, lol.

I wanted to run the two C ER PPCs like I do on this account but that is not going to happen. Putting them in the same Torso leaves you weaponless way too often.

P.S. I so need sleep....

totally understand the road of no Premium time, I wanted a practical experience, of someone wanting to get into FW, which at a minimum needs 6 mechs. I wanted to see what kind of time line. (only problem is, the mech selections are/can-be controversial in choices) so looking at a standardized 6, like 2 Range, 2 Mid-Range, 2 Brawl to start with.
And I'm doing it without premium time, unless there is an event, where one can win some premium time..

gaining 2 more mech Bays shouldn't be a problem.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

okay, so you're wanting the (F) right torso ?

Guess you will just need to wait like the rest of us poor folk, waiting for the C-Bill Variant

#22 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 09 April 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

totally understand the road of no Premium time, I wanted a practical experience, of someone wanting to get into FW, which at a minimum needs 6 mechs. I wanted to see what kind of time line. (only problem is, the mech selections are/can-be controversial in choices) so looking at a standardized 6, like 2 Range, 2 Mid-Range, 2 Brawl to start with.
And I'm doing it without premium time, unless there is an event, where one can win some premium time..

gaining 2 more mech Bays shouldn't be a problem.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

okay, so you're wanting the (F) right torso ?

Guess you will just need to wait like the rest of us poor folk, waiting for the C-Bill Variant

Yea, for this account. Going back and learning and earning the hard way I think has helped me. For instance, my use of JJs and Masc is much better.

I would have liked holding on to at least one more Shadowcat but I always keep all the Omnipods. I'm working to find a couple of good builds for the Hellbringers. There is a plus to having them all the same but I do like a change up.

On my LikeUntoGod account if I need C-Bills I could just pull out a Kodiak and make an easy 250K a game.

And part of this is me wanting to make an all ECM drop deck work. I'd like to see a 12 man made this way. We would be like Rommel's Ghost Division. And, your team is only as fast as your slowest mech so our reinforcements would arrive faster.

#23 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

yeah, I kinda only find a couple builds that work for me. I've kept my HBR's Mid-range, but I have an idea for a lil closer.

doubt it's new, but I call it HBR-BlindSpot , with the ECM, they won't see me coming. so should be able to get some damage in. I was thinking a flanking thing.
it's one I haven't tried yet, it'll be my Clan Alt next Mech. Don't know when, not soon,

I like that idea using the 'F' for a dual PPC, should make a nice Range HBR, which is something I need for my Alt

#24 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 10 April 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

yeah, I kinda only find a couple builds that work for me. I've kept my HBR's Mid-range, but I have an idea for a lil closer.

doubt it's new, but I call it HBR-BlindSpot , with the ECM, they won't see me coming. so should be able to get some damage in. I was thinking a flanking thing.
it's one I haven't tried yet, it'll be my Clan Alt next Mech. Don't know when, not soon,

I like that idea using the 'F' for a dual PPC, should make a nice Range HBR, which is something I need for my Alt

That is a nice build. I REALLY wanted the F Torso. On my main account, I also got the Loyalty Summoner and it gave you two high mounted ER PPCs with very nice quicks for it. With the 91 kph speed and JJs, it was sweet. I did almost 1100 damage my first time out with it.

So of course, PGI nerfed it. Which is semi ok, I understood nerfing the PPC quicks. But PGI said due to the really high damage it was doing, they nerfed a lot of it everywhere on every weapon. And I never saw many of them at all before the L came out and I still do not. They have really low slung arms and did have decent LRM etc quicks but they are gone. I also got the Hero I think before they nerfed it (I'm sure I'm wrong) so I have two +30% C-Bill mechs and ...well...one decent build for all of them. And I think only the right omnipods to make one of them at a time.

I started this game with Stormcrows and I loved them and when I got Hellbringer I feel ln love with them. Not only does the ECM make you "sneaky" like my FlameBringer brawler, But it basically keeps you and whoever is close to you semi-free of LRMs.

In fact, I think the best LRMers are ECM equipped. I also got the Loyalty Stalker because it has ECM. And even without Quicks, and only having 2 missiles hardpoints it does it well and has enough energy hardpoints and room to make someone sorry for coming over and messing with you. From it, I got the idea of a frontline assault LRMer.

So for me, the idea of putting two ER PPCs on a Hellbringer was great. You can fire, duck away and be hard to see or target.

But, that's not for this account so..whatever. For the heck of it, this is what I'm running now besides the LBX5/UAC5 and 3 medium PLs.

Posted Image

#25 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 April 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

I understand what a Champion Build is and I consider them really lame. They offer nothing new to the Mech, it's just a way to for PGI to make real money since you have to buy them with MC.

actually often they have different, Bigger/better engines along with full upgrades in the case of IS mechs, with better builds. The GXP bonus is also nice.

I only own a few champions, but they are great short cuts to get a mech for a few bucks with bonuses. IS lights on sale are great deals for example. I don't regret buying my timber C(c) when i started my clan account. It basically let me get my two others for just a little over the starter bonus. A nice jump-start to the account.

#26 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 11 April 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

actually often they have different, Bigger/better engines along with full upgrades in the case of IS mechs, with better builds. The GXP bonus is also nice.

I only own a few champions, but they are great short cuts to get a mech for a few bucks with bonuses. IS lights on sale are great deals for example. I don't regret buying my timber C(c) when i started my clan account. It basically let me get my two others for just a little over the starter bonus. A nice jump-start to the account.

Do any of them have weapons or engines that you cannot put in the one you own? Do they have different weapon hardpoints? Omnipods that are found nowhere else?

Yes, the extra 30% C-Bill is great. If you only used that mech it would be a real plus. But if you are on limited income, I'm not sure paying for them in real money is worth it.

#27 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

The HBR power creep is real.
First we had the F with 1 energy in the RT and now we have the hero with 2 energy in the RT.

#28 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 12 April 2017 - 05:32 AM, said:

Do any of them have weapons or engines that you cannot put in the one you own? Do they have different weapon hardpoints? Omnipods that are found nowhere else?

Yes, the extra 30% C-Bill is great. If you only used that mech it would be a real plus. But if you are on limited income, I'm not sure paying for them in real money is worth it.

no, Champions do not have weapons or engines you cannot put in other Mechs, a Champion Mech is literaly one of the regular varients customized to a build you can make for cbills which is voted on by players, and is usualy a significant improvement over the stock loadout.

a Champion has a 30% XP bonus, not a cbill bonus
in the past when I purchased a champion (it has been over a year since I last did) it was usualy to get the engine for MC rather than cbills, when the champion Mech is on sale 50% off.

I cannot tell you if it is worth buying a Champion, you must decide yourself based on your own criterior
if you were thinking of buying a Mech varient for MC the champion will often be a better deal than the regular varient because it will often have Double Heat Sinks, Endo and the optomal engine, so you do not have to spend Cbills refitting those, however I only ever purchased Champions when on sale for at least 30% off.
also if you want to purchase Cbills with MC then the most efficent way to do that is buying and selling the Champion Cicada with all equipment, even at full price that gives a higher exchange rate than the Cbill packs you can buy in game (but for best results wait for that or one of the other Light Champions, yes the Cicada realy is a Light as is the Viper despite the 40 ton weight and officialy being Mediums, to go on sale, if on sale any XL engine Light Champion, except the Raven, is likely to offer a better exchange rate than the full price Cicada).

#29 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 12 April 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

a Champion has a 30% XP bonus, not a cbill bonus

Thanks, I forget and that is an excellent point since a +30 XP bonus is not worth the time I took to type this sentence.

I remember once I put in input on one champion. It was the Clan Jenner and my big thing was put an ECM in its torso.

This is something the IS ones really need. They are as big as a truck and slower than the Clan ones.

I stand 100% behind the idea that building a mech that can be made anyway that you have to buy with real money with no real pluses is stupid. But since PGI gets people to buy them that does not reflect well on us.

Question: When will the latest Loyalty mechs come out for C-Bills? I'm not paying $30.00 for the Champion Hellbringer for this account. And when will the Champion Hellbringer come out for a cash sale rather than MC only? It might have a decent price then.

Although with the release of the HBR-P, I see no reason for it.

Also, I think I figured out the use of the new "light tag". It is for Streaks.

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 15 April 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#30 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 15 April 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

I remember once I put in input on one champion. It was the Clan Jenner and my big thing was put an ECM in its torso.

This is something the IS ones really need. They are as big as a truck and slower than the Clan ones.

I stand 100% behind the idea that building a mech that can be made anyway that you have to buy with real money with no real pluses is stupid. But since PGI gets people to buy them that does not reflect well on us.

Question: When will the latest Loyalty mechs come out for C-Bills? I'm not paying $30.00 for the Champion Hellbringer for this account. And when will the Champion Hellbringer come out for a cash sale rather than MC only? It might have a decent price then.

no Jenner or Jenner IIC can have ECM, so we would need a new varient not a champion (which always uses an existing varient).

There are pluses to buying a Champion Mech, it saves you time, building e.g. the Champion Jenner will cost about 10 million cbills, so for me that is 5-10 hours of game play to earn the cbills, if purchased while on sale, with cbills purchased on special offer it cost me about 15 minutes of wages hence there is the potential for a good deal of value, if your money is more valuable to you than your time play the game and earn it, if time is more valuable spend the money.

Last year the Loyalty Mechs were made available for Cbill purchase in the September patch, so it is likely they will again this year be available for cbills in September, the previous years customer reward Mechs were out for cbills much earlier, so I would guess they will be available for cbills by, at very latest October patch this year, likely in time for this years customer reward Mechs.

you will never be able to buy the Helbringer Champion for cbills, but the varient it is based upon will be purchasable eventuraly, my guess is it will be available in September same as last year, but it could become available at any time.

#31 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 April 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Yes, that is how I got the F (L) on this account.

But this is the F (C) so...it is not the Loyalty Mech, it is a "Champion". And from what I understand, Champions are only bought through MC.

It has an HBR-A Head and an HBR-Prime Left Torso. So this is not the HBR-F(L). My HBR-F(L) came with an HBR-F Head and an HBR-F(L) Left Torso. But even if you buy the HBR-F(C) there is no HBR-F Head or Left Torso.

The new Hero is the HBR VI. So where are the C, D, and E variants?

So is what is the deal with it?

Because it was the community designed variation using an ideal config, and the F right torso is the optimal pod for that Mech right now (all the other RT's are either Missile, Ballistic or are empty). Trust me, if you don't have the F right torso, your build isn't going to be very good. Just wait until the C-Bill release of the E which has two RT energy slots, making the F almost pointless.

Edited by Drunk Canuck, 15 April 2017 - 12:28 PM.

#32 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 15 April 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

Because it was the community designed variation using an ideal config, and the F right torso is the optimal pod for that Mech right now (all the other RT's are either Missile, Ballistic or are empty). Trust me, if you don't have the F right torso, your build isn't going to be very good. Just wait until the C-Bill release of the E which has two RT energy slots, making the F almost pointless.

You are right in that the F RT is a good sidegrade from the existing pods because it lets you run an energy build with more high mounts and split your weaponry between the torsos, but I'd argue that the HBR ballistic torso is pretty decent as is and definitely not a bad mech.

Also, LikeUntoBuddha, you seem to be under the impression that the Champion mechs are a special variant. They aren't. They are merely a pay for convenience purchase. They are also the trial mechs, because it's a way for them to have players try out a community built mech they can then purchase with MC if desired. Every champion so far until now has been built with a currently available cbill variant. This is a first time issue where the cbill mech is just not available for cbills yet. If you like it, just wait for the cbill version and you can buy it for "free".

The XP bonus is certainly not worth buying alone, but you do get bonus GXP when running it as well, and that's actually more useful for starting players who haven't unlocked modules yet. There's a lot of GXP that needs to be spent to unlock the full potential of consumables and weapon modules as well as the pilot modules.

Edited by Boulangerie, 15 April 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#33 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 15 April 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

There are pluses to buying a Champion Mech, it saves you time, building e.g. the Champion Jenner will cost about 10 million cbills, so for me that is 5-10 hours of game play to earn the cbills, if purchased while on sale, with cbills purchased on special offer it cost me about 15 minutes of wages hence there is the potential for a good deal of value, if your money is more valuable to you than your time play the game and earn it, if time is more valuable spend the money.

Last year the Loyalty Mechs were made available for Cbill purchase in the September patch, so it is likely they will again this year be available for cbills in September,

Considering that I already owned 3 Jenner II's, the Champion would save me nothing, in fact, I would not and do not run that build.

So not till September, well, that sucks, lol. And the Hero will not be out until August. I do not want to spend real money of this account but if I did, I'd rather spent $20 of a Hero than $30 on a Champion.

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 15 April 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

. Trust me, if you don't have the F right torso, your build isn't going to be very good. Just wait until the C-Bill release of the E which has two RT energy slots, making the F almost pointless.

I'm doing ok with a twin LBX build (I just did 946 damage) but I really wanted that twin ER PPC build.

#34 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostBoulangerie, on 15 April 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Also, LikeUntoBuddha, you seem to be under the impression that the Champion mechs are a special variant. They aren't. They are merely a pay for convenience purchase.

The XP bonus is certainly not worth buying alone, but you do get bonus GXP when running it as well, and that's actually more useful for starting players who haven't unlocked modules yet. There's a lot of GXP that needs to be spent to unlock the full potential of consumables and weapon modules as well as the pilot modules.

I totally understand the Champion is not a special variant which is my point. The other point being that unless you are using that mech, its pluses for XP is worthless. I was just surprised that they basically used the Loyalty Hellbringer with a couple of Omni pods added that I use on every Hellbringer I own.

And with a possible skill tree coming, I do not know what GXP will be used for and I'm not buying any more Modules.

#35 Heketon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Since I didn't see an answer for this question...

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 April 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

The new Hero is the HBR VI. So where are the C, D, and E variants?

Those three variants had tech that isn't in the game yet. ATM-6, B-Pods, Micro Pulse Laser, and Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle 20.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users