6 replies to this topic

#1 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the IS dropships only fire med lasers while the clans put out large as well? I run exclusively in scouting and have noticed this for over a week now. Not sure if it is just a visual bug or if we are really getting screwed.

Also since the last patch, I am seeing more and more clan mechs taking 4-500 dmg and still walking away.

#2 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

I've only seen lasers change depending on Game Mode. I've seen large pulse for Domination and Assault, larges for Skirmish, and a mix of large and mediums for Conquest. I'd be interested to see if there is an actual determining factor for what lasers come out of a drop ship and when.

#3 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Jesus you complain ON and OFF the battlefield I see. You are only getting screwed by your own skill level.

#4 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

#5 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostDJFrost, on 09 April 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Has anyone else noticed that the IS dropships only fire med lasers while the clans put out large as well? I run exclusively in scouting and have noticed this for over a week now. Not sure if it is just a visual bug or if we are really getting screwed.

Also since the last patch, I am seeing more and more clan mechs taking 4-500 dmg and still walking away.

I can only assume you don't mean Clan Mechs are surviving 400-500 dmg in scouting? As max armor/structure would be like 507 (a couple points more for the Nova) for a Clan 50 tonner. It's possible, but rare to survive 400...however, the only scout mech period that can consistently do it would be the IS hunch 4sp (do to double structure and a standard engine). Even the biggest Clan scout mechs can't really absorb more than 400 (99% of the time) as mathematically you need a leg, a side torso and the CT to live). It's not impossible (I have done it), but with all the mech sections you need to keep, it is hard to go below 20% and live on those chassis. Also, if you somehow manage to put 400 into them and they are still alive, it says more about aim than design.

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

500 points of damage, i wanna see a clan mech sub 55 ton doing that. Pretty sure sub 50 tons clan mechs don't even have 500 points of health alltogether.

#7 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

I have been hit by both med and large lasers from IS dropships. So while I am not sure where you are getting your information, it is nonetheless inaccurate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users