- - - - -

******' In The Wind (Frame Rates)

16 replies to this topic

#1 SACRAMENTO NIGHT CREEPER

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:39 PM

salutations fellow clansmen and I.S. swine. not much for ******** so pardon my being so blunt.
Im new to MWO, like "2 weeks in the cockpit" new. spent like 20 minutes on the testing grounds then decided what the hell, why not click the red box saying reinforcements needed and see what this shits all about. my first match was invasion faction play . i did suprisingly well and scored 500 and some change and was hooked. "I.WANT.MORE."

now my buddy has himself a bitchin gaming rig that purrs at a sexual 70+ frames per second . butter smooth, solid network connection, needless to say hes doin it right.

Now, i get home in my "I.WANT.MORE." attitude, boot up my box, download, install, and.....

WTF IS THIS ****?

this isnt MWO !

THIS IS ROBOT FLAVORED JELLO!

16 mother loving frames per second, ON THE HOME SCREEN!

so after some fanagling and going rage of the all might windows user on my running services/ service startups/registry, nerf my resolution to bare minimum, video settings to low, all that jazz and we are humming along at a whopping 20 fps (drops to 15 when i hit the **** and even lower on some maps).

now maybe im just being a hyper-sensitive candy-***'d sissy-la-la, but it begs asking.

am i the only one who feels like playing at 20fps is like pissing in the wind?

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

Instead of posting us loads and loads of censored useless swearwords it might be usefull to tell us the exact specifications of your computer ... and we might be able to tell you if its just hopeless with your rig or if there is something buggy going on.

I've got between 55 and 100+ fps at everything set to full.
CPU Core i5 6500
16GB RAM
GPU Radeon RX480 w. 8GB GRAM
Win10

Edited by The Basilisk, 12 April 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#3 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

I think my video card is going out. During the game and during the game only the screen is doing dark and back to normal than dark and normal etc etc..

Very depressed...But then I tend to stay that way so, lo

#4 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

https://mwomercs.com...s-updated-2017/

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

Well, I think you probably have weak CPU. This game is rather CPU demanding. I get about 15-20 FPS.

#6 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

Post your computer specs. Also, note that this game tends to run better on Intel than AMD chips and is heavily CPU dependent.

#7 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

Sounds like a CPU issue. Cause I've got the same problem. I start out at 70+ fps, and all of a sudden I'm dropping faster than a rock falling down an empty well with no water below. I find that it's my CPU overheating, and the stupid AIO I bought is not working like it should. Surprise, Surprise. Well, I'm waiting on a replacement CPU cooler, and hopefully, the issue will be resolved. Cause I know damn well it's not the GPU going out, and the CPU is only a year old.

My specs:

i7 6700 (not the K version) 4.0 GHz
Win 7 64-bit
EVGA GTX 1050 Ti
Hyper X Kingston 16 GB KHX2400 DDR 4

#8 PurplePuke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

Playing at such a low frame rate will definitely impair your ability.

I played for almost a year with my work laptop. I don't think I ever got above 24 fps. My results during that first year were...pretty bad. In a close-quarters brawl, I couldn't even see what was going, and the game slowed right down. Impossible.

Now I have an i7 6700 and a video card in my new desktop and I can play at 60 fps, even more if I manipulate the settings. I get much better results now.

So, to answer your question, no, you're not being a hyper-sensitive candy-butt.

#9 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

i have a PC with good specs and i have had issues where i only got 15-20 fps. these are the 3 things i did.

1.Update drivers (or in some cases, get older ones)
2.reinstall game (sounds like a pain, but it works.)
3. Worst case scenario, reset windows.

These were all done from experience. There might be other things you can do, but this is what i have found that works.

#10 SACRAMENTO NIGHT CREEPER

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

PURPLE PUKE FOR THE WIN! you feel my pain man, its like i know my rig aint gonna run this game fast enough to be anything other than a free kill, but im so damn competative and so damn. hooked on this game, next thing you know im on mwomercs.com/forums
blowin my stack like yosemite sam

@thebasilisk brother you aint smellin what im steppin in lol. and thats my fault, i did go on a bit of a tangent (aint gonna lie, i was RAAAAGIN' lmao) and didnt provide much of a direction with my post. im not looking for someone to trouble shoot why my screen looks like jello.

I just wanted to see if anybody had experience trying to make 16-20 fps work for them and how they feel about it, cause its been an excercise in futility for me.

sorry everybody,I diidnt mean to sound like "that guy".

i get barbaric when it comes to competion(id wreck my own grandmother), but the one thing i cant stand is being kept on a chain (or in my case hampered by low frame rate.

I know what i gotta do to fix it, and im in the process of resurrecting (easter pun intended) a gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r with a wolfdale quadcore somewhere around 3ghz, 4x2G ram (soon to be 8G) and paying my due diligence in researching a gpu, was hoping i could get a cheap one but with my lga775 being a bit obsolete and current ram situation im kinda in a tight spot cause i need a good gpu FOR SURE, but theres not much of a point strapping a killer graphics card on a older box if its just gonna bottleneck it.

ill make a point to simmer down a bit before posting again lol

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

My CPU is about 30% more powerful than yours and I can get 30-40fps at a custom mid-high resolution, however I got a massive improvement upgrading to an SSD, far more of an improvement than going from 8GB to 16GB of RAM, or upgrading from a ATI HD 5870 to an Nvidia GTX560 Graphics card (more than twice as powerful), I did those upgrades over a few months about 3 years ago.

#12 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

I5 3350, 8 gigs ram, and TI550 Hardly a power house on anyone's radar, built comp for 500 bucks 2 1/2 years ago. I cap out at 60, and typically stay there with most settings on medium.

Check your start-up and make sure you are not eating it on performance because other crap is running. You only need your firewall, and steam (if you use that, or launcher, and perhaps a monitoring program. Everything else should be off.)

Start by turning off AA.. and everything else to low, and see what happens.

My old comp, a 8500 duo core, with 4 gigs ram and a geforce 9800 ran around 15-20, and that comp i built in 2008.

Edited by JC Daxion, 13 April 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#13 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Leave your resolution where it is, turn off AA and all settings to low. There's no reason you shouldn't get a more playable framerate. Then, turn settings up one at a time, do a drop and see how it impacts your fps. Also, there was a video someone posted a long time ago about how each setting changes the visuals and impacts your fps, but I don't remember who it was. Either way, turn particles to low and if I remember correctly, I think shadows also is pretty hard on rendering. Just an FYI, I have my settings mostly at low, some at medium and one or two on high and I'm getting typically 100-140 fps (with very rare drops to 60 fps) on an i7 4770k, 32 gigs of ram, and a GTX760 at 1900x1200.

#14 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

wolfdale quadcore somewhere around 3ghz

All the info I can find on Wolfdale CPU is that's only dual-core with no HT.
https://en.wikipedia...(microprocessor)
I would suggest saving up funds to build a new system because any components you purchase with your current system will not be salvageable.

#15 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 April 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

All the info I can find on Wolfdale CPU is that's only dual-core with no HT.
https://en.wikipedia...(microprocessor)
I would suggest saving up funds to build a new system because any components you purchase with your current system will not be salvageable.

So, there's the reason for the poor frame rate. Sorry.

#16 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:57 PM

The entire setup. Even if the OP could oc that Wolfdale E8400 (3.0ghz), many stating change FSB to 400 to make it hit 3.6ghz (shrugs). We do not know what GPU it currently has nor PSU (power supply unit).

A 2013 posted using a E8500
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__1831186

Slightly newer Post from 2014
http://mwomercs.com/...n-mwo-answered/

At the most, OP may see 30FPS if CPU can be OC to 4ghz but that will likely require something more than stock cooler. The funds that would be put into a GPU, memory, aftermarket cooler could go towards a new system.

#17 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

I'm running an AMD 965 3.6ghz Black Edition oc'd to 4ghz & air cooled, 8gb DDR3 1066 ram oc'd to 1500mhz, MSI GTX970 & a good ol' 1tb mechanical HD & even I'm getting 45-60fps so it shows it can be done reasonably cheap. I built my rig about 2010 so it's a good age now(other than the GPU) & has been running this overclock all that time. Poor thing.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users