12 replies to this topic

#1 ColdTurkey

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hello , has it been stated if the IS ultra ac's will be like the clans ones with burst fire ?

I tried to search for the information but found nothing

If they are not wont they be very very strong?

Edited by ColdTurkey, 14 April 2017 - 12:07 AM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

I'm hoping they're burst-fire, but the burst is 1-round less than Clan (because the IS ACs are heavier and ****)

#3 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

What? But according to some the civil war update is laughable and will do nothing to impact current balance levels. Now someone tells me that one of the lesser parts of the update (expanding the IS ultra selections) may be very very strong (and largely impact the meta)?

It's almost like we don't really know how it will all pan out Posted Image

IMO they need to tone down some of this stuff in general, burst fire streams on AC has done a decent job in balancing them out some so I'd like to see that expanded, but then again I'd also like to see stuff like all PPCs function more to be splash damage weapons overall and basic lasers to be generally longer in laser burn times, so maybe I am a glutton for punishment? I prefer to think of it more like I enjoy the idea of less "instakills" or at least making access to the capability of doing it to different extents limited.

#4 ColdTurkey

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

Im hoping that they are double tap like the existing one (UAC5)

If the ultra 20 is like that wow just wow

I dont really enjoy the clan ultra ac's at all it feels like you spray your damage all over the show

#5 Hanks 427

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

View PostColdTurkey, on 14 April 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

Im hoping that they are double tap like the existing one (UAC5)

If the ultra 20 is like that wow just wow

I dont really enjoy the clan ultra ac's at all it feels like you spray your damage all over the show

Well DUH!

#6 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

UAC10 and UAC20 firing single slugs per trigger pull would be very overpowered, so I doubt it will happen.

#7 ColdTurkey

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

At the moment you can do ac40 and 2ppc/gauss and the sky hasnt fallen

I think they will do it with huge heat penalties

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

i wouldn't mind an auto cannon redux. single shot acs are simply not canon (pun intended). the only gun that should be single shot would be the lbs.

acs and uacs should all be rapid fire 10+ round salvos, lower damage per round, but fire really fast bursts (with a set clip size). ultras are just h4xx0r3d acs with an extended clip, but without the gun actually being able to fire the entire clip without jamming itself every time. so longer bursts + jam.

racs are the clipless proper gatling guns with no burst fire at all. the cd is variable depending on whether the gun is spinning up or down, but really short regardless. throw on heat ramping penalties or jamming as appropriate.

the jam mechanics have been highly questionable, but doing longer bursts would help the uacs. instead of rolling a single make or break dice roll. instead roll for the number of shots to fire so if the gun jams, at least it fires a few extra rounds. racs can have a jam bar or ramping heat or something, but something different from uacs.

and the depictions are off. shotguns look like auto cannons, ultra auto cannons look like gatling guns or shotguns and racs are probibly going to use the uac models because thats a lot of mechs to retrofit new geometry into. if you want things to be intuitive. you would use the uac10/20 model for your lb autos (they look like shotguns), use the ac or lb barrels for the acs and uacs, and use the uac2/5 barrels for the rac2 and a 5 barrel version for the rac5. and while you are in there give all the ppcs and lasers distinct type and class models.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 April 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#9 Chuck B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

View PostZergling, on 14 April 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

UAC10 and UAC20 firing single slugs per trigger pull would be very overpowered, so I doubt it will happen.

PGI might have to though. they have to try to give you a reason to use an UAC 10-20 over a RAC 5, if a UAC 10 spits out 2 5 point shells per trigger pull why would I ever use that over a RAC 5? It will have a bit more effective range but not enough to matter for me. And if they make a UAC 20 fire 3 shells at 6.66 damage I would still see the RAC 5 as a better investment. Basicly if PGI make the damage less the 10 per shell for ether the UAC 10 or UAC 20 they will be surpassed by the RAC 5.

#10 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostChuck B, on 14 April 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

PGI might have to though. they have to try to give you a reason to use an UAC 10-20 over a RAC 5, if a UAC 10 spits out 2 5 point shells per trigger pull why would I ever use that over a RAC 5? It will have a bit more effective range but not enough to matter for me. And if they make a UAC 20 fire 3 shells at 6.66 damage I would still see the RAC 5 as a better investment. Basicly if PGI make the damage less the 10 per shell for ether the UAC 10 or UAC 20 they will be surpassed by the RAC 5.

If they make IS UAC 20s single slug no one will use anything else. 4 shells for 80 damage rapid fire? That asking for people to accept a ridiculous amount of easy to place damage seeing how clans have that same damage spread over 16 shells.

In short advocating things like this is how we end up with clan mechs receiving structure and armor buffs. Nothing else would work to mitigate the PPFLD of the weapon system.

#11 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 14 April 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

single shot acs are simply not canon (pun intended). the only gun that should be single shot would be the lbs.

This is false.

RAM
ELH

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostRAM, on 14 April 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

This is false.

RAM
ELH

explain. ive yet to read a book where an autocannon fires one round bursts. of course im not very far in, i just finished the warrior trilogy. or is it that lb isnt rapid fire, it would be cool if it was.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 April 2017 - 06:18 PM.

#13 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

My guess is:
UAC10 2 bursts
UAC20 3 bursts

No friggin way they can allow single shots from those weapons

they have to try to give you a reason to use an UAC 10-20 over a RAC 5

If the RAC5 works like a machine gun there would be a reason. Because the RAC5 would spray damage everywhere. While the UACs would give you better control over where your shots go.

For example the RAC5 could fire 10 shots a second like the machine gun. And each of those shots could do 0.5 damage. The damage would be very spread compared to the UAC10.

RAC5 would be for spray and pray. UAC10 would be for more precise control of your damage.

Edited by Khobai, 14 April 2017 - 06:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users