C-Tag Details?

5 replies to this topic

#1 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:08 AM

When do I get C-TAG spread bonus to C-LRM's being fired either by me or by someone else (also IS-LRM's fired by someone else)? Some examples here:

I find enemy, target and TAG enemy, hold TAG lock, LRM's get fired while enemy is TAG locked and LRM's land on enemy wile he's TAG locked?

I find enemy, target and TAG enemy, hold TAG lock, LRM's get fired while enemy is TAG locked but while they are in the air I lose TAG lock. LRM's land on enemy because of normal target lock but without TAG?

I find enemy, target and TAG enemy, hold TAG lock, LRM's get fired while enemy is TAG locked but while they are in the air I lose TAG lock. While LRM's are still in the air TAG lock is being reapplied and LRM's land on enemy while he's under TAG?

I find enemy and target enemy without TAG, LRM's get fired while enemy is locked but while they are in the air I target enemy with TAG and hold TAG lock until LRM's land on enemy?

I find enemy and target enemy and according to missile icon he is already under someone's LRM fire. I TAG enemy and hold TAG on enemy until LRM's land?

Also, does C-TAG LRM spread bonus is applied to allied missiles or only those I launch myself?

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

I find enemy, target and TAG enemy, hold TAG lock, LRM's get fired while enemy is TAG locked and LRM's land on enemy wile he's TAG locked?

Yes.

I find enemy, target and TAG enemy, hold TAG lock, LRM's get fired while enemy is TAG locked but while they are in the air I lose TAG lock. LRM's land on enemy because of normal target lock but without TAG?

No, LRMs spread out a little bit to regular spread.

I find enemy, target and TAG enemy, hold TAG lock, LRM's get fired while enemy is TAG locked but while they are in the air I lose TAG lock. While LRM's are still in the air TAG lock is being reapplied and LRM's land on enemy while he's under TAG?

Yes. (Reacquiring will tighten them again).

I find enemy and target enemy without TAG, LRM's get fired while enemy is locked but while they are in the air I target enemy with TAG and hold TAG lock until LRM's land on enemy?

Yes, supposedly. Seems debatable.

I find enemy and target enemy and according to missile icon he is already under someone's LRM fire. I TAG enemy and hold TAG on enemy until LRM's land?

Yes. Supposedly. Debatable.

Also, does C-TAG LRM spread bonus is applied to allied missiles or only those I launch myself?

To both. The questionable element is whether or not you are required to have it before missiles are fired as this isn't explained and with Clan LRMs it is hard to tell when they spread or tighten. IS LRMs you can tell by just looking at them.

Edited by Koniving, 16 April 2017 - 05:11 AM.

#3 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:46 AM

Interesting. What's so debatable?

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 16 April 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

Interesting. What's so debatable?

It "Should" in theory, but in practice it is not consistent.

#5 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

I'd like to see some "consistency" details then. But for some reason PGI does not release such data.

Anyhow, what about Artemis IV spread bonus? It is said that I have to have target visible all the time. Would an allied mech with direct target vision work for this or spread bonus applies only to mech that is shooting missiles? Do I have to have direct target vision and have enemy mech targeted(default "R" button)? Maybe I just need to have enemy mech selected("R")? If I see enemy all the time and shot my C-LRM's at him while he's being "R"-selected, then I switch my "R" target while missiles are still flying and enemy ain't moving so missiles hit, do they get Artemis IV bonus?

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:44 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 20 April 2017 - 03:17 AM, said:

I'd like to see some "consistency" details then. But for some reason PGI does not release such data.

Anyhow, what about Artemis IV spread bonus? It is said that I have to have target visible all the time. Would an allied mech with direct target vision work for this or spread bonus applies only to mech that is shooting missiles? Do I have to have direct target vision and have enemy mech targeted(default "R" button)? Maybe I just need to have enemy mech selected("R")? If I see enemy all the time and shot my C-LRM's at him while he's being "R"-selected, then I switch my "R" target while missiles are still flying and enemy ain't moving so missiles hit, do they get Artemis IV bonus?

To get the Artemis spread bonuses the Mech firing the missiles has to have line of sight, same for tracking strength (number of course corrections)

I do not know what happens if you loose the lock, and I am not certain what happens if you gain line of sight after the missiles have launched

if you do not have line of sight all Artemis does for LRMs is speed the missile lock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users