Help Me Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Hello: I'm puzzled by the leaderboard. I know the ranking depends on what variable you use to rank, but it seems like there is an overall ranking that doesn't quite make any sense (the first ranking it gives you if you don't specify a rank variable). I am ranked "higher" than some other players with better stats in every category that is listed. Am I reading this wrong, or is there a hidden logic to this? Obviously this is not important to gameplay but I like to know if I'm improving and would like to understand the rankings better, if anyone knows how they work. Thanks!

Edited by DeloresAbernathy, 19 April 2017 - 03:27 AM.

#2 Amatsukaze

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:46 AM

The rank order goes by overall score for the season. If you play allot you will by default have a high score & therefor higher in the rankings whereas a more skilled player that only plays occasionally will have a lower overall score.

#3 R E S P E K

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

The default more or less just displays who has played the most in a given month.

However, you can adjust the filters and look at more interesting and pertinent metrics

#4 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

there are many aspects of rank..
kills.
score
wins
kdr
win/loss ratio.

what is impotent to you..

#5 Serpentine Shel Serpentine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Thanks the question was answered: the default ranking is based on matches played. Then there are more useful rankings for the specific variables. Even more useful would be a percentile score since PGI doesn't tell you how many people are being ranked ... so it's hard to know exactly where you stand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users