#41 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 April 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Just now I put 5xCUAC2s and 600 ammo for the NGyr-D and shot them empty in testing grounds. No jam.

So yeah, not buying it.

Don't know about clan uacs, but the IS are totally Tango Uniform .
One round then jam is just Bs.
Thanks for that 30% pgi.

#42 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:39 AM

Did no one read PhoenixFire?

How do you provide "video evidence" of a double tap jam? You sync record your finger with the video?

But this is SUPER easy to test...

Someone with macro just do it in live test. If it happens as frequent as you guys claim, then it should be no more than 3-5 games. (And I know a lot of people in this forum have macro setup)

Cause, you guys are right that Testing Ground is NOT the same as live game. LiSung mechlab has confirmed as much. However, that fact neither prove or disprove the UAC first shot jam, and the only way to test it is in a live game with macro fire. Which, I mean... just go do it.

It's not difficult...

Macro fire + short recorded video showing the macro sync in motion. That's literally all the proof required. It's not that hard.

#43 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

I didn't drop live last night, just in testing grounds. My Roughneck never had a first-round jam.

And it never will. Testing grounds acrivities are all client-side calculations.

Let us all agree before moving forward - Nobody has ever experienced a first-round jam in testing grounds, and they never will. You can only possibly experience this in the server-side authority mode of live play, if it is a real phenomenon.

Okay? No more reports of testing in testing grounds for the rest of this thread... Okay?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 20 April 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#44 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 20 April 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

How dumb can one get when asking for a video proof? ... You want a guy to record his fingers on a mouse or smth?

View PostrazenWing, on 20 April 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

How do you provide "video evidence" of a double tap jam? You sync record your finger with the video?

It is very easy to test. If your C/UAC jams without firing a shot/burst first on its cycle, that means it jammed on the first shot. So simple to understand, one does not have to be a rocket scientist to see it.

Show me a video where the weapon simply jams without firing a shot/burst first.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 April 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#45 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 April 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

And I ran many matches with my CUAC2 boating Jade Kite with liberal use of double-fire, and no jamming on the first tap. Confirmation bias is what this thread is all about. Unless there is proof.

So, are you saying you never had a jam on the first double tap? So if I produce video of UACs jamming after the first tap, multiple times, will you accept that as proof? I'm only going to waste my time playing solo PUG and uploading a video if it is accepted as proof, and not get the (as I said in my post) "You must have double tapped those times it jammed."

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 20 April 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

Ping and/or lag explain that. I have never experienced this issue in a live match. Testing Grounds eliminates issues caused by lag, ping or HSR.

Ping usually hovers around 40 for NA servers. Up to about 120 for EU. So, are you saying I have bad ping and you don't? Like to know what ping you have so maybe I can make changes to get it exactly like yours so I don't see that issue. Really, please, because I'm sick of seeing those issues.

Here is proof of my ping (BTW - one of the time UAC did work properly):
https://youtu.be/_ojzrW3ZQs0

Edit: Just read the two replies...just, yeah not worth the forum war.

Edited by KodiakGW, 20 April 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#46 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 20 April 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

So, are you saying you never had a jam on the first double tap? So if I produce video of UACs jamming after the first tap, multiple times, will you accept that as proof? I'm only going to waste my time playing solo PUG and uploading a video if it is accepted as proof, and not get the (as I said in my post) "You must have double tapped those times it jammed."

I never said C/UAC does not jam on the first double tap. I said it will never jam on the first shot. Meaning it can jam after firing a shot in a double tap, not before. And OP said C/UAC now jams with single click, without offering proof. And proof can be easily obtained by the following test:

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 April 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

It is very easy to test. If your C/UAC jams without firing a shot/burst first on its cycle, that means it jammed on the first shot. So simple to understand, one does not have to be a rocket scientist to see it.

Show me a video where the weapon simply jams without firing a shot/burst first.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 April 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#47 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 20 April 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Ping usually hovers around 40 for NA servers. Up to about 120 for EU. So, are you saying I have bad ping and you don't? Like to know what ping you have so maybe I can make changes to get it exactly like yours so I don't see that issue. Really, please, because I'm sick of seeing those issues.

Here is proof of my ping:
https://youtu.be/_ojzrW3ZQs0

My EU ping is normally 20-30, NA is normally 80-90.
Not saying you have a bad ping, but *any* lag spike or the like *will* cause oddities such as "jam first shot".

You can tell if it jams on the first shot or not by the ammo counter.
First shot jam and no ammo used? It really jammed first shot.
First shot jam and ammo used? It was a double tap.

A least, that's how I've always observed it - if I have 2 (IS) UAC5s and start with an even number of rounds and only fire them together, if one jams, my ammo is now odd.

#48 GabrielSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostHumpday, on 20 April 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Dunno, sounds like an inadvertent doubletap. I've never had that happen, but I've certainly observed a single click that results in a double tap. This can happen when you think you've fully released the button but are actually still applying a small amount of pressure to it enough so that a small twitch results in an inadvertent mouse click. You may not even here it click becuase the clicker hasn't fully disengaged.

There's also a setting in the OS for the click delay. The possibility is that the delay is very short and is being overlapped with one click. By default it is something like 4 or 6 ms. If you shorten it you get a double click with a single click sometimes.

#49 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:16 AM

Have any of you considered it might be a hardware problem? My Razer mouse will regularly do a double click instead of a single click because it's so sensitive and when firing UACs I often get a double shot on a 'single click'.

Check your hardware first.

#50 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostDogstar, on 20 April 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Have any of you considered it might be a hardware problem? My Razer mouse will regularly do a double click instead of a single click because it's so sensitive and when firing UACs I often get a double shot on a 'single click'.

Check your hardware first.

This. Map fire button to keyboard first, if still jam then come back and list exactly what steps to recreate instead of worthless vague claims.

#51 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

View PostSkanderborg, on 20 April 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

lol that's pretty funny. How did you get the heat sink status screen in your cockpit?

Old cockpit

Before we had GIFs in our monitors, we had the heatsink monitor and Ammo counter
Both rarely worked properly

#52 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostSkanderborg, on 20 April 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

lol that's pretty funny. How did you get the heat sink status screen in your cockpit?

It was an older version of the game--the video was recorded last July.

#53 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 20 April 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

It was an older version of the game--the video was recorded last July.

That would be two Julys ago, now, since the gif screens were already in last July, IIRC.

#54 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 20 April 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

That would be two Julys ago, now, since the gif screens were already in last July, IIRC.

Jul 21, 2015 12:20 AM

Yeah, guess so. :P

Edited by Mister Blastman, 20 April 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#55 Warglbargl

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 19 April 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Jams are not going to happen unless you have already fired and you fire again during the cooldown period, even if the tiniest line of pixels that is indistinguishable to you remains within the visual cooldown bar.

This claim has been flaunted plenty of times but NEVER has ANYONE come up with video proof of it.

Don't want to jam but need constant fire? Stop clicking the button and just hold it down. You can't accurately pace your clicks with all the other **** you manage within the period of a match.

My UAC2s were jamming in a match while holding the trigger down, no I was not in combat or distracted, I was in spawn, firing my UAC2s with the trigger held down.

They do not jam while holding the trigger down in the testing grounds.

#56 FuzzyLog1c

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostMister D, on 19 April 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

its since the patch.

Since the patch? It's been doing it for almost two years, depending on network conditions.

#57 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

Did someone bother testing this like I said (live game, macro) yet?

#58 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

View PostFuzzyLog1c, on 20 April 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Since the patch? It's been doing it for almost two years, depending on network conditions.

View PostrazenWing, on 21 April 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

Did someone bother testing this like I said (live game, macro) yet?

Never seen this before myself or anyone else in my unit and I did record it, will post the video tomorrow.

#59 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Well I lied, had time to upload it and post it today. No sound because didn't want to post our comms.

We have been able to reproduce it with cUAC 2/5/10 so far haven't tried IS UACs
Tried it with mouse and KB no difference.

#60 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 April 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

League of Legends had double damage (critical damage) issues as well, since it was so random. Which is why a lot of champions now deal double damage after attacking certain times, instead of doing it randomly, which adds interaction. PGI can do things differently with UACs, but will they? Probably not.

LoL had issues with verify specific Champs that could manipulate the RNG gods *cough*gangplank*cough*.

PGI's UAC issues are different. I've experienced this UAC issue but its occurred not how people are describing it. I've done it by holding down the mouse button to fire multiple normal rounds, lifting my finger, then pressing the mouse button again to continue firing. Technically that isnt a "double-tap" and shouldnt trigger the jam mechanic. My assumption is that the coding considers that a double-tap because Im pressing the fire button gain after just releasing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users