Where Are All The Incursion Matches For The Event?

Event incursion

34 replies to this topic

#21 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

This should have been a no-brainer... They should be able to calculate the average number of incursion matches per hour based on their OWN numbers and then find an average guesstimate of time required to see sufficient incursion matches to complete said objectives... Its their own game and why they don't understand their OWN numbers is beyond me.... It doesn't take playing this game much to understand that getting a specific game mode enough times to complete these objectives might be considerably more time than the majority of their player base has to actually play... This was so easy to predict that either a) The event designers are idiots, or b ) They did this on purpose.

Edited by DANKnuggz, 24 April 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#22 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostDANKnuggz, on 24 April 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

This should have been a no-brainer... They should be able to calculate the average number of incursion matches per hour based on their OWN numbers and then find an average guesstimate of time required to see sufficient incursion matches to complete said objectives... Its their own game and why they don't understand their OWN numbers is beyond me.... It doesn't take playing this game much to understand that getting a specific game mode enough times to complete these objectives might be considerably more time than the majority of their player base has to actually play... This was so easy to predict that either a) The event designers are idiots, or b ) They did this on purpose.

Nah this is the same team that thinks players are greedy, in a game specifically designed from the ground up around the pursuit of their magical FUNbucks who's ONLY redeemable value is their ability to remove and deal with arbitrary FUNgates.

The gulf of disconnect is grand canyon levels.

Edited by Tibbnak, 24 April 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#23 BeerTanker

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

It's great to see that the incursion game rate hasn't been adjusted. 10 games so far tonight and only one chance at incursion. Plus the Killing Blow requirement for Delivery failed is just wrong. It should be KMDD or Killing Blow.

#24 EpiCCCC

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

I'm keeping in mind that PGI is giving away stuff essentially for free, as a bonus...so I can't interpret them as being "greedy". So we appreciate the free stuff!

That being said, why can't Incursion be at least always be an option for people to work toward the event? Or at least 50%?

Please?

#25 ForgeExpand

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

J'ai eu tous les challenges sauf "Delivery Failed" dans les 1er jours, malgré le peu de match d'incursion que l'on me proposait. Il m'a fallu plus de 2 jours, plus ou moins 5 heures de jeu par jour pour finalement être assez chanceux pour avoir le kill sur un "energy carrier". Les "challenges" basés sur la chance ne devrait pas exister. C'est très frustrant.

#26 Lady Teacup

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

If you're going to hold an event centered entirely around a single game type, make a playlist for that game type. Seems simple enough, The way it's set up now is absolutely asinine.

#27 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:09 AM

I gave up. Too much stress and frustration in being unable to even attempt to do some incredibly specific and exclusive actions.

24 incursion matches over the span of almost 30 hours of attempting this event, with a 2:1 win loss ratio, and I still haven't managed to get all the tasks. Only three building kills registered and the closest I got to a battery carrier killing blow was when a cicada with one went suicidal potato at me and I took them down to one hit to kill, and a MAD-IIC got the killing blow on them from 1000 meters away with an LBX-10 miss.

Edited by Tibbnak, 25 April 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#28 Captain Space Cat

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

As someone who has only been playing MWO for a few weeks, this has been an incredibly frustrating event(I love the game though!). If this weekend had been my first experience playing I probably would have never come back after hearing the constant complaints, and feeling the sense of futility as a novice.

So please devs, take this thread seriously the next time you run an event.

I'm not -skilled- enough to accomplish the tasks easily in just a few rounds.
Imagine the frustration of still learning how to play, topped with the promise of prizes that it feels like you'll never get. Why feel that way? It's not even skill that determines it, but how much free time you have that weekend, because you HAVE to play so many other game modes.

By forcing players to queue for a random choice of game mode, you made ALL the game modes frustrating.

How many incursion matches does it take for a dedicated novice to complete the challenges?
Over 60

I doubt I will ever vote for an incursion match again. :/

#29 Karisse

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostEpiCCCC, on 24 April 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

I'm keeping in mind that PGI is giving away stuff essentially for free, as a bonus...so I can't interpret them as being "greedy". So we appreciate the free stuff!

That being said, why can't Incursion be at least always be an option for people to work toward the event? Or at least 50%?

Please?

Agreed. PGI doesn't have to do this stuff (give me millions of Cbills and thousands of MC worth of trinkets), but it would have been nice to see the Incursion mode appear more frequently during the event.

Also, some people have said it already, but why strictly a kill for the failed delivery? All too often, especially in QP, a killing blow is dumb luck. Allowing for a KMDD to also qualify would have been much less frustrating.

No gripes on the other challenges. I think Incursion has real potential, and if nothing else it's one more mode in the mix.

#30 Hawk1975

Rookie

• The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

That "INCURSION-EVENT" is a big joke Posted Image
played more than 4 hours/day and cant get the hole event
1-2 incursion maps an hour is a bit insufficient Posted Image
I hope there will be a extension of the term Posted Image
CYA on the Battlefield
HAWK

#31 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

Since the launch of the Incursion game mode, prior to this event, Incursion was common to 1 in 3 drops where it was available for me to choose. Since the event started it has become 1 in 9+ games (Most was 20). Counted, tallied, corroborated with many long time daily players. It seems counter intuitive to drop the frequency of the game mode for it's own specific event. I.m.h.o.
Another detrimental effect is that it created bad game play. The reportable kind per PGI's own CoC.
I put great effort into this but the fun faded fast in the face of the frustration and disappointment. Taking a break from MWO for a while, sadly.

Addendum: Mechbay received for 7 of 9. Thanks PGI for the givings. The problem with the event should still be considered for the future. Accessibility and capability per all player skill levels.

Edited by KH Slaine, 25 April 2017 - 12:36 PM.

#32 Nighttheone

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

So the event is over and i will give my coments about it....

I did all tasks on day 1 except "Delivery Faild"... i did 3 days with manny games and manny hours on trying but even if i get one carryer so that i can kill him he got some LRM in his back and the LRM boat get the kill and the "Delivery failt" goes to him... that is #+/ '-.+# Sorry but i do the work and 1 player just wait till i get him down to 1 hit kill steal it???? Why not KMDD???? If u think " one moment than 2 player can take it on one enemy" than just make it only KMDD... The other event calenges are easy but this task wase just for the point of make player Frustratet.... And i now some one get it right away bc u have the right mech for it but what is with the player not having the right mech. Should a event not be completable for every player?

P.S. I got a Mech bay in this moment. I think its nice but that doesn´t solve the problem. I am thankful but next time if u make a event with a Price make it achievable for every one. Than nobody have to complain about it. Or dont make this kind of prices in the event. Than nobuddy have to complain iether. Or the third option make some Achevements out of it so nobuddy hase the Time Pressur. Than it can be more dificulty but u have the time to achieve it.

Thx and Have fun.

Edited by Nighttheone, 25 April 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#33 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

So it seems that instead of extending the event they decided to make the Mech Bay final reward given when you complete any 7 of the challenges instead of having to complete all 9 like it was before... There wasn't a message about it or anything so I guess they did it by stealth.

While its true that PGI didn't have to offer all this stuff up, lets remember that everything but the Mech Bay and the C-bills was purely cosmetic and serves no real purpose in the game. I appreciate the chance to earn some extra stuff just by playing but I resent the frustration produced by the sheer lack of availability of the Incursion game mode. Players shouldn't have to play so long just to SEE the game mode they need to complete the objectives. I gave up on the rest of the rewards simply out of boredom from getting the wrong match type over and over. Granted with 145 mechs, 9 open mech bays, and over 100mil in the bank so I wasn't too invested in this event anyway but I can imagine how annoying it must be for someone who could really make use of the C-bills and mech bay...

This event sucked, PGI offered some pretty decent rewards but then hid them inside the all too rare Incursion game mode.... It was either done on purpose or just a really stupid oversight.

Edited by DANKnuggz, 25 April 2017 - 11:09 AM.

#34 TK TikTok

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostDANKnuggz, on 25 April 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

So it seems that instead of extending the event they decided to make the Mech Bay final reward given when you complete any 7 of the challenges instead of having to complete all 9 like it was before... There wasn't a message about it or anything so I guess they did it by stealth.

While its true that PGI didn't have to offer all this stuff up, lets remember that everything but the Mech Bay and the C-bills was purely cosmetic and serves no real purpose in the game. I appreciate the chance to earn some extra stuff just by playing but I resent the frustration produced by the sheer lack of availability of the Incursion game mode. Players shouldn't have to play so long just to SEE the game mode they need to complete the objectives. I gave up on the rest of the rewards simply out of boredom from getting the wrong match type over and over. Granted with 145 mechs, 9 open mech bays, and over 100mil in the bank so I wasn't too invested in this event anyway but I can imagine how annoying it must be for someone who could really make use of the C-bills and mech bay...

This event sucked, PGI offered some pretty decent rewards but then hid them inside the all too rare Incursion game mode.... It was either done on purpose or just a really stupid oversight.

OK I disagree with this you, I think the event was decent. PGI, thanks for easing up on the final (7/9) event requirements and giving me a mech bay (then apparently 2 more premium days, 200 MC, and C-Bills I think???). I didn't like the Incursion mode at first and I'll never be able to kill a Locust with a battery, but I warmed up to the Incursion mode. I want to try Incursion in FW, that may be really fun!

#35 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

Well, I must also say that it is not wholy PGIs fault. Most of the idiocy in this event was faulted exclusively in the player base (PEBKAC problem as usual).
I completed the event and offered to organize a battery conga each time I dropped in Incursion in the public queue. This means everyone stops shooting and gathers in the middle and I take the battery, the one who kills me in the enemy team takes the battery and does the same. Theoretically the match should end with up to 23 new players going out of that match with "delivery failed" completed... the best I could do was a chain of 2 after me before it devolved in to the usual brainless LRM/ERPPC slugfest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users