Pgi Please Watch This!

22 replies to this topic

#1 Star Rod

• PipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

Our fav MWO youtuber Snuggles Time shows how incursion is completely broken.

#2 LTDominator

• PipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

the whole game is broken, invasion is just quickplay and the average killspeed is just to high. run a clanmech and oneshot every IS mech with XL engines. played incursion gamemode just one time and it was a regular skirmish game. im bored of the game, even the event rewards cant force me to play anymore. im gone back to startrek online 2 weeks ago...

Edited by LTDominator, 23 April 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#3 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

Have not played in a while as I found the direction Paul and Russ were taking things to be laughable. After watching S.T.s video I see that things have not changed. From the team that brought you faction play generator rushing comes incursion mode? Such a shame. The team is talented enough but they must still be forced to play yes-men to the arrogance of Russ and Paul.

Or perhaps, like Paul, no one at PGI actually plays their own game.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:20 AM

<*Looks at video, laughs hard, then gets depressed*>

Everyone, it's NOT the Incursion Game Mode that's broken. It's unfortunately the Community. There are too many out there who wish to just DeathBall and Skirmish, and that creates openings to get around the Enemy Team. Nobody does multi-lance, multi-position operations anymore, and that's why there's any chance of pulling crazy things like this. There are even people, sadly, who would just love to take away all these Objective-loaded modes and reduce it all to skirmish. Unfortunately, if they succeeded, MWO wouldn't really be a MechWarrior thing anymore. So be happy we have a mode where people are making an active choice to do the Objectives, unlike the usual DeathBalling. I'm literally sick of plain Skirmish, and even more sick of people not doing the Objective in Assault, and I'm sick of everyone trying to ram fun-ignoring DeathBalling in all the other modes down my throat. Hell, it seems like there should be Extra Bonuses in Conquest/Domination for managing to win without killing the entire Enemy Team. :o

Just for the note, Assault awards 10K(C-Bills) and 75 MechXP for a Successful Base Capture. It gives you another 2.5K(C-Bills) and 50 MechXP if you're on the Base at the time of Capture Success, or potentially if you contributed to it by being on the Enemy Base at any time. But, these bonuses are lost every time the last Enemy is killed, because it's like the Enemy Base leaves the area so it can't be captured. (That, and PGI wrote it so you can't have the Base Capture if you kill the whole Enemy Team.) Further, the Base Capture is caused more quickly by additional Mechs being present, but try getting that across to people. <_<

Frankly, after seeing what's happening with Incursion, I think Assault needs a major increase to Capture Success and Capture Assist. At least double what they are now, if not triple due to having to actively remain within a small square of space. Some people have told me they won't try to do Objectives unless it actively pays enough to be worth their sitting even an extra minute, and that's kind of sad as they're hurting everyone else who wanted to do the Objectives because they won't work to help the team. Incursion, on the other hand, seems to be fine where it is for rewards during Normal, Non-Event play. :huh:

By extension, there should be some kind of extra Non-Kill Bonus for completing Conquest/Domination. Perhaps make the bonuses double or triple what they are now, but only if you can avoid killing the whole Enemy Team? It should cause some change towards a balanced mentality in the Community. At least, that's what I would like to think. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "Totally getting the opposite impression from the rest of you..." Devnull

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Addendum to my above post ---

Let's avoid "babying" those people out there who are 'Skirmish-Crazed Nuts'. In math terms 'MWO = Ruined' only when PGI caves in and dumps it all back to DeathBalling. Everything should NEVER be always about the Skirmish of a center-field battle. Frankly, several other modes just simply need their rewards increased. -_-

Hell, here's a question to throw back at the 'Skirmish-Crazed Nuts'... "What would you do if Skirmish were removed, simply due to the level of redundancy that it simply is?" :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Hmph... 'nuff said..." Devnull

#6 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:02 AM

To be honest, the game mode works if the whole team is defending until scouts confirm a rush, or get back to power the towers.

If both teams rush, well ... same as assault base rush before.

Things I would change:

- move one generator closer, so you can power the radar tower faster to notice a rush, or power the sensor tower for the first 2-3 minutes

- start asymetrical: either only have one base (but that would be too close to invasion), or power up/damage one base to give one team incentive to defend.

#7 Alex K

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:24 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 April 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

Addendum to my above post ---

Let's avoid "babying" those people out there who are 'Skirmish-Crazed Nuts'. In math terms 'MWO = Ruined' only when PGI caves in and dumps it all back to DeathBalling. Everything should NEVER be always about the Skirmish of a center-field battle. Frankly, several other modes just simply need their rewards increased. Posted Image

Hell, here's a question to throw back at the 'Skirmish-Crazed Nuts'... "What would you do if Skirmish were removed, simply due to the level of redundancy that it simply is?" Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Hmph... 'nuff said..." Devnull

ok, what if all matches became like this:
Full 12 man team will setup the defense around the base & don't give a f*ck about others gameplay, they just sit every match near the base... hilarious gameplay... everything goes to such a gameplay in this game...

#NOTE: Usually such posts are written by people who are gave up... they understand that they will never have a chance to out damage any at least mediocre enemy...

#OMG: If MWO becomes a game for people who will just run for cap every match, I think this game will die.
This game is for the Battletech universe funs only, if you wanna cap hole matches, go play something else...

Edited by Alex K, 25 April 2017 - 04:27 AM.

#8 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:32 AM

Here-Here, DV.

Less trigger happy, More team combat.

Peace-All

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

Its OK, skirmish with radar is kinda handy.
On some maps you can power a gen say radar before the main force reaches the front line. If two lights did it, u get jammer too before engaging the enemy.
Then you skirmish as you do.

Finding that last mech, is now breeze with radar

The dropship impresses less, what you guys think
I wish it instead defended your own base

#10 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

Too bad when things are broken :(

#11 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

Really cannot fault you on the tactic, mode determines that the best xp/min way to work it is by doing just what you have shown us . . . kudos

#12 Embiggens The Small

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

Just make it infinite respawns. Maybe repawn time is your mech tonnage in seconds. Works for the PUG crowd (no complicated drop decks), but it forces the teams to attack the bases to win. And it makes it so that lights running around trying to do objectives are not such a liability.

***edit*** turrets need to be dangerous too. Positioned to guard the approach to the walls, not the inside of the walls. Think League of Legends--the turrets are too strong to solo-win, and they melt you. They should have their own power generator to protect.

Edited by Embiggens The Small, 25 April 2017 - 10:35 AM.

#13 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:16 AM

View PostEmbiggens The Small, on 25 April 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Maybe repawn time is your mech tonnage in seconds.

Eh, I wouldn't make it THAT long. Divide the Tonnage by 5 to get Time in Seconds for Respawn, but require a 10-Second minimum between Death and Respawn. Basically make it as responsive as "MechWarrior: Living Legends", in order to keep it fun. B)

~D. V. "At least, that's my tilt on the Respawn Idea." Devnull

#14 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

The video only showed that people have no idea how to stop the cookie-cutter mad zerg rush tactic, which is a global topic that applies to every game mode and map available in any competitive game, not just MWO.
If you don't know how to deal with a mad rush, then you're already dead in the water. This is basic strategic understanding; Tactics 101.

Better explained by this guy: https://youtu.be/bfcpyMdEwzM?t=1m2s

I've had quite a bit of success by having the team hide in the base to defend, kill the attackers, then mop up the remaining slowpokes. It's all so meta, playing the community psychology more than the game itself.
Soon enough, people will learn to counter mad zerg rushes, and that will take the zeitgeist to the next stage, so onwards it goes.

#15 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

I just ran into the enemy base on a polar incursion. Both teams were pug skirmishing in the middle. Made 400K cbills, 8000 xp, and soloed the base and won the game unopposed.

******* stupid.

Edited by Holy Jackson, 27 April 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#16 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

ALSO the problem isnt the community or the meta or whatever. it's that the base is too damn fragile. its like a minute of work for 1 mech. the reason that the zerg rush is unblockable is that you cant physically kill a fast coordinated team faster then it can kill your base.

#17 Inappropriate1

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:16 AM

Build a wall to keep the enemy out. Where have I heard that before?

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

Not sure.

#19 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:17 AM

Err, that maneuver can easily be stuffed with good scouts and the radar up.

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostHumpday, on 28 April 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Err, that maneuver can easily be stuffed with good scouts and the radar up.

Would they have time to make that counter happen?

Of the mechs camping in the base, barely any of them had time to stop the assault.

The bases are much too close together for a counter like that to be effective. And the assaults tend to leave the bases rather than guard them like they should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users