2.5 Hours, Not A Single Opportunity To Select Incursion

45 replies to this topic

#21 Avathar

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

Played ALL afternoon and the better part of the evening. Got incursion 1 time today!!!!!!!
Goddammit pgi that is really annoying.

#22 Daymar

Rookie

• The Defender
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

Only 2 incursions since event started. Got tons before event started.
(Both were disasters for me, I have no real progress on the event.)

Getting really ticked.

#23 Daymar

Rookie

• The Defender
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

Got into a 3rd, died before accomplishing anything.
Probably best for my mental health to not log in until after the event is over. Coulda used the c-bills.

Peace out

#24 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:42 PM

completing an event should not be the reason to play MWO

#25 Alteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostCoolant, on 23 April 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Perhaps it shouldn't, but for many it is the reason to play. I used to only play CW and now I barely have touched it in months. QP is about the same. The only reason I put in time this weekend is this event....

#26 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

Seen it twice all weekend - got smoked the first match trying to get a fuel cell - avoided the fuel cells second match and killed three heavies and a light. Still, at the rate I am going, I will not even finish the 5 matches to get 2M CBills, which is all I am really hoping for at this point...

incursion doesn't even show up for voting!

#27 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

Completed everything I wanted to over the weekend, got plenty of incursion matches, most of active AWOL completed the event fully in 4-6 hours worth of play over the weekend days.

Guess some are lucky and some arent.

#28 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

Yeah I was in a streak Jenner and let a battery laden Locust run off so I could try to save a team mate several matches ago. Really kicking my self atm... lol

Edited by Sorbic, 23 April 2017 - 07:23 PM.

#29 Daymar

Rookie

• The Defender
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostCoolant, on 23 April 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

No, but you'd think that after more than 4 hours of play, I'd have SOMETHING towards the event. I couldn't even get the 5 matches for 2M c-bills, incursion didn't come up 5 times. I didn't expect to complete it, I don't play a lot most weekends. I thought I'd get part of it done though. This is defying basic statistics, something is seriously skewed.

#30 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

Because I didn't get even one incursion match I ended up playing way more than intended trying to get even a single incursion match.

I had 4/5 done and needed just one more. Played off and on all day today to try get a single incursion match. 30 or so matches in I finally got one, then immediately logged of. I am disgusted.

#31 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

Masochism Warrior Online.

You don't play MWO because of the well-designed events, good balance, or intelligent developers, you play it because you have some itch to scratch involving big stompy robots, or you enjoy pain.

If you still expect anything good or reasonable or intelligent out of PGI in this day and age, you've been under a rock for a while, these weekend events especially have always been about as bad as F2P events can be.

PGI knows the 2k players or so left aren't worth their time to try for, and they they probably learned a long time ago how bad they are at their own jobs, so why bother? I certainly wouldn't ever spend money again, though I know some people who do. We should all be grateful this game is even up and running on a server at this point, honestly, that's kind of a miracle with how things have gone the past few years.

#32 FactsOfLife

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

played 3 hours last night, had a streak of 9 games straight, no incursion. Incursion pops vs assault, idiots vote for assault.

0_o

#33 Avathar

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

NO incursion again. what the **** pgi? goddamn i ******* hate this ****.

#34 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Still only have the carrier thing to do, but you know what..

I'M NOT GONNA.

Sorry, don't feel like wasting my entire evening and NOT GETTING A SINGLE INCURSION like I did on sunday..

PGI, you should be ashamed of yourself..

#35 BurningDesire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 25 April 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

Still only have the carrier thing to do, but you know what..

I'M NOT GONNA.

Sorry, don't feel like wasting my entire evening and NOT GETTING A SINGLE INCURSION like I did on sunday..

PGI, you should be ashamed of yourself..

and perhaps "gift" anybody who shot a battery carrier that died................................................

#36 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:26 AM

This is what happens when a company essentially has no competition (in any industry).

They'll seem sweet in the beginning when they are new and the first game in town. But that honeymoon ends soon, and then it's 'til death do you part' and they are gonna ride you like Yoda on Luke.

#37 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

View PostAppogee, on 23 April 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

PGI, pls.

This might be humble-brag, but I'll write it anyway:

I got lucky with the fuel cell carrier kill, but even killing the 5 base structures is the most annoying challenge I ever had:

First, it takes hours of playing before I even get an incursion.
If then I am finally in one, either we get stomped right away and I never have a chance to get anywhere near the enemy base.
Or I have to carry the team, bind and/or kill the enemy while my team mates run ahead and kill the structures before I can get near them. If I run ahead, I get slaughtered because there's no one who pushes the enemy into cover.

I am basically fighting 23 people to get to the structures. If I don't, we just lose right away.

I have 3 kills so far.
Two of them because I was the last Mech alive because, that's right, I had to carry the match.
One because I rushed to the enemy base like crazy after I carried my team and got the last shot of the last structure that ended the game with an ERLL.

The remaining two seem to be out of reach by far.

It's not just the extremely low probability for incursion to show up.
It's also the problem that it is extremely hard for player even of the winning team to even get a structure kill.
You can't even kill all the structures at the end, because the match ends as soon as the winning force has the slightest base advantage.

It's like these challenges are carefully tailored to piss off as many customers as possible.

Edited by Paigan, 25 April 2017 - 01:52 AM.

#38 mcGreen

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:06 AM

The moment that some ******* with 7x votes votes for assault instead of incursion... that are the moments I want to kill someone really bad

#39 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:12 AM

Hmm, another poorly planned event from PGI?

Posted Image

#40 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

Yep I thought "Hey easy 2million CB, Play 5 Incursion Matches, each with a minimum Match Score of 100" I can do this easily within 3-4 hours of playing Yesterday... NOooooot!
Managed to get 2 possibility to vote incursion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users