You'd Think They Would Make Incursion Mode Higher Drop Rate Than Regular With The Event Happening?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

So whats with the incursion mode not on a higher rotation?

this is one of the reason i haven't even bothered with this event. too many matches that aren't incursion, didn't even bother to play after so many people have complained in my unit that the number of incursion games is too low.

PGI lift your game, i've got new pilots where trying to encourage with the game that can't get the free mechbay as incursion isn't happening enough

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

Because almost every other time they added a feature like a map or mode, they did put it on a higher rotation and people whined about it. Don't blame PGI, blame the whiners.

#3 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:29 AM

so what we got is whingers who have everything thinking it not worth it and new people being flarked in the arse and bleeding for mechbays but they can't get it as the game mode just isn't happening enough and arseholes are voting against the mode.

And people wonder why i don't bother much anymore outside of comp play

#4 Daymar

Rookie

• The Defender
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:26 AM

Before the event, incursion showed up as an option every other match.
In about 5 hours of play during the event, I got 3 incursion losses. I get nothing from the event, and it's best for my stress level to just not log in until after the event is over.

#5 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

Yet another well thought out and implemented event brought to you by the guys that don't even play their own game.

#6 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

This not being my first rodeo here when it comes to events tied to map voting or some other specific outcome, I decided to play World of Warships this weekend. If anything, PGI are consistent.

#7 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

When you try out this event expecting to get Incursion every 2-3 games

Spoiler

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

I dont see it. I got incursion every 2nd or 3rd game last night. Got everything done in one sitting except killing an energy carrying mech. Im honestly thinking of grabbing an energy tank while in a heavy mech and slugging it out just so SOMEONE on the other team can get the bonus.

#9 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:22 AM

Low number of maps that is on (even though it is on HPG, Polar, and Crimson, 3 maps people vote for anyways, in droves) means that the whining about not seeing more maps would go through the roof. Which I can understand. Given they managed to get Incursion to work on HPG, I can't think of a map that Incursion can't work on.

Hope May brings Incursion on Terra Therma and Bog, and as incursion (and other modes) are made to work on more maps their rate of popping up increases, because that is the sensible way to do it.

#10 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

2 thumbs down for PGI for yet another idea thats gone so wrong. 5 games tonight no incursion, so i logged out and played blood bowl instead

#11 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostCDLord HHGD, on 24 April 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

Because almost every other time they added a feature like a map or mode, they did put it on a higher rotation and people whined about it. Don't blame PGI, blame the whiners.

^this.

Perhaps this quote will be remembered next time someone decides they want to complain about anything (like power draw, skill tree, information warfare). Where you complain someone else praises. Remember that next time.

#12 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

But then there'd actually be a chance of getting the mech bay....

#13 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 24 April 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

2 thumbs down for PGI for yet another idea thats gone so wrong. 5 games tonight no incursion, so i logged out and played blood bowl instead

5 matches and you quit.

I have to bow down to your superior stamina and dedication.

#14 Foghorn71

Rookie

• Major
  • Major
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

i am getting the map like 1 in six drops and that is being kind. makes it very frustrating droping lights on all the other maps just because i want to get a fuel cell. not fun at all. seems like if pgi is going to make us be on a certain mode, make it more available.

#15 Strykr88

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

I've played a couple dozen games over the last two days and not one incursion round. This is getting incredibly frustrating

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 24 April 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

So whats with the incursion mode not on a higher rotation?

this is one of the reason i haven't even bothered with this event. too many matches that aren't incursion, didn't even bother to play after so many people have complained in my unit that the number of incursion games is too low.

PGI lift your game, i've got new pilots where trying to encourage with the game that can't get the free mechbay as incursion isn't happening enough

9 out of 11 drops yesterday offered Incursion Mode.

Seems pretty high in the rotation to me

#17 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

The "Delivery Failed" being a component of the meta achievement is terrible. It's the only one that requires a killing blow so that means you're maybe in position to get it 1/4 matches you que - if you are queing nothing but fast weapons boats that can ideally two-shot a light (although I did 100 direct fire damage and somehow didn't kill a Raven, GG). And if the other team is running something besides Locusts. Total luck.

Edited by SmokedJag, 24 April 2017 - 01:24 PM.

#18 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

The problem is some maps do not run incursion game mode on them, and because of that with our vote system it would prevent some people from playing maps they would want to.

Question, have you seen incursion on Canyon? Nope, thats why.

#19 QuePan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 109 posts
  • Locationcapital district NY

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 April 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

9 out of 11 drops yesterday offered Incursion Mode.

Seems pretty high in the rotation to me

then you were very lucky, for me i got 1 incursion out of 8 drops all weekend +- 2 , and towards the end of the event when incursion was in the selection rotation about 50% of the time it was not voted for . thats the issue with a event that is based on the luck of the draw , in map and mode selection . not a event wrapped around the whole parts of the game , the events should have more generic goals or shared goal with each different game mode ETC

#20 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:44 PM

youd think, but nope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users