Chain Fire Rapid Click For Lasers But Not Other Weapons? Fixing Chain Fire On Other Weapons

15 replies to this topic

#1 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

This is something that has been bothering me but hasn't seemed like too big of a problem until i experimented with an Archer-5W build that used all 9 slots.

I have some of the weapons bound to chain fire (pressing backspace on a weapon group). To describe it simply I'll use an example;
I have a bunch of lasers bound to fire slot 1 on chain fire. If i hold click, they will chain fire 1 at a time normally. If I tapped my fire slot 1 bind fast multiple times, 1 laser will fire every time I click no matter if the first one is done with its burn.
With SRM's they are not able to do that chain rapid fire that I mentioned above, they are stuck to shooting one at a time slowly even if I mash my shoot button.

What I'm asking; Make all SRM's and other weapons (that seem fit) able to do this 'rapid chain fire' by button mashing just like lasers are able to do!

Why?: I can't bind all 9 missile slots on the Archer so I have to use chain fire on 3, however the whole point of the build is to shoot one shot at a time. This feature prohibits that and actually causes insane heat spikes.

I would love if this was adjusted. Thanks for reading.

Still don't know what I'm talking about? Take a laser boat mech. bind all lasers to mouse 1 and hit the chainfire toggle (backspace). Click really fast. That's what I mean by 'rapid chain fire'
Now take an srm boat and do the same. Notice that you can't rapid fire it?

#2 Skrapha

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

You can use a macro, have it trigger 1234 rapidly, or whatever your weapon groups are. That will get your desired effect. If your talking about changing it to do that in game with chain fire, that would indeed be cool, as it is something ive noticed as well.

#3 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

Not sure what delay you're talking about, if it's only on the Archer, chances are that you're seeing the delay on some of the missile doors opening.
If you alpha all of them, do they all fire the instant you hit fire? Do they delay a second or so? Do some of them fire instantly and others follow?

#4 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostHavyek, on 24 April 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Not sure what delay you're talking about, if it's only on the Archer, chances are that you're seeing the delay on some of the missile doors opening.
If you alpha all of them, do they all fire the instant you hit fire? Do they delay a second or so? Do some of them fire instantly and others follow?

no i have the doors open. I'm saying when you mash click on a chain fire bind, the weapon group chain fires like normal. not like lasters where you can mash click on a chain fire and it will shoot a bunch. It's on all srms and ballistics, idk about lrms because i dont run them ever

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

most weapons fire at a 0.5s interval at minimum under chain fire. lasers for some reason let you tap through them quickly, as quick as you can spam the button. op wants that behavior on all the weapons.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 April 2017 - 05:52 PM.

#6 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostSlippnGriff, on 24 April 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

This is something that has been bothering me but hasn't seemed like too big of a problem until i experimented with an Archer-5W build that used all 9 slots. I have some of the weapons bound to chain fire (pressing backspace on a weapon group). To describe it simply I'll use an example; I have a bunch of lasers bound to fire slot 1 on chain fire. If i hold click, they will chain fire 1 at a time normally. If I tapped my fire slot 1 bind fast multiple times, 1 laser will fire every time I click no matter if the first one is done with its burn. With SRM's they are not able to do that chain rapid fire that I mentioned above, they are stuck to shooting one at a time slowly even if I mash my shoot button. What I'm asking; Make all SRM's and other weapons (that seem fit) able to do this 'rapid chain fire' by button mashing just like lasers are able to do! Why?: I can't bind all 9 missile slots on the Archer so I have to use chain fire on 3, however the whole point of the build is to shoot one shot at a time. This feature prohibits that and actually causes insane heat spikes. I would love if this was adjusted. Thanks for reading. Still don't know what I'm talking about? Take a laser boat mech. bind all lasers to mouse 1 and hit the chainfire toggle (backspace). Click really fast. That's what I mean by 'rapid chain fire' Now take an srm boat and do the same. Notice that you can't rapid fire it?

Wait really? This explains alot, I tried this with a triple uac/2 setup and thought the failure was either my clickspeed or the uac doubletap.

Just went into testing grounds to double check using normal ac/2, yes infact it is throttling non-laser chainfires. I checked by assigning all ac/2 to 2 groups both on chainfire. When rapid triggering one group I got the standard chainfire rate, but by alternating both groups you can clearly get a faster rate of fire (same/similar to setting each AC in its own group and rolling the keys). The second part of that test may actually be silly/irrelevant but it does illustrate that the chainfire is throttling the rate of fire for multi-tap on non-lasers.

OP is right, this should be fixed.

Edited by Trev Firestorm, 24 April 2017 - 06:39 PM.

#7 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 24 April 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

Wait really? This explains alot, I tried this with a triple uac/2 setup and thought the failure was either my clickspeed or the uac doubletap.

Just went into testing grounds to double check using normal ac/2, yes infact it is throttling non-laser chainfires. I checked by assigning all ac/2 to 2 groups both on chainfire. When rapid triggering one group I got the standard chainfire rate, but by alternating both groups you can clearly get a faster rate of fire (same/similar to setting each AC in its own group and rolling the keys). The second part of that test may actually be silly/irrelevant but it does illustrate that the chainfire is throttling the rate of fire for multi-tap on non-lasers.

View PostLordNothing, on 24 April 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

most weapons fire at a 0.5s interval at minimum under chain fire. lasers for some reason let you tap through them quickly, as quick as you can spam the button. op wants that behavior on all the weapons.

lol you guys are so much better at explaining it, thanks. I tweeted Russ but that's just on a whim. Hopefully someday they can fix this to work better

#8 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Archer 5W is pretty easy if you have just one weapon type. Just make several groups and press several buttons at the same time. Depends on what kind of mouse you have.

I agree it should be better. Same thing for double tapping UACs which are in chain fire, you need to have them in several groups to be able to use chain fire and double tap.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:32 AM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 24 April 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

Do not try stuff out at training grounds, it does not reflect real game mechanics/values "always". Lobby / QP is the way to test those things... preferably lobby.

#10 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:34 AM

Maybe try SRM 2's vs SRM6's and see if they differ. Each unit has to take the time to actually fire each missile in order, even if only by a minute time difference. 2 missile should fire quicker and thus allow a quicker re-fire than a 6 version. Same for ballistics based on pellets fired across the different variants.

#11 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

View PostCurccu, on 25 April 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

Do not try stuff out at training grounds, it does not reflect real game mechanics/values "always". Lobby / QP is the way to test those things... preferably lobby.

nah man, works the same in a quickplay match, I've tried before

#12 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

I suspect that if this gets 'fixed' it will be in the opposite direction from what you are asking.

#13 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

View PostMadBadger, on 26 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

I suspect that if this gets 'fixed' it will be in the opposite direction from what you are asking.

That'd be pretty idiotic of PGI to do though...

Haha, they're gonna do it, aren't they?

#14 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostCurccu, on 25 April 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

Point was I noticed the weird behavior previously in qp and double checked while typing that up... didn't need to waste time grabbing someone for a lobby or to spend time in a regular game. Also didn't they finally fix the testing grounds back when they made the tutorials?

#15 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 26 April 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Point was I noticed the weird behavior previously in qp and double checked while typing that up... didn't need to waste time grabbing someone for a lobby or to spend time in a regular game. Also didn't they finally fix the testing grounds back when they made the tutorials?

Yes, and the behavior is the same in both a live match and testing grounds. The only issues TG won't reveal are those that are dependent upon the network in some way, i.e. UAC jamming and hit registration.

#16 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

View PostMadBadger, on 26 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

they're totally going ******* to do that XD

Unfortunately tho I don't think this issue will be looked at in the long run. Rip the dream build

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users