156 replies to this topic

#1 MountainRat

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

Is PGI ever going to do anything about the hacks that are being used? When you get hit from 1000 yds in nothing but CT it is obvious they are being used! Why play if you have to cheat?

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

Posted Image

#3 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

I see a potatoe...

Posted Image

Edited by Revis Volek, 24 April 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#4 Pr8Dator2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 250 posts
  • LocationCareer Clanner

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostMountainRat, on 24 April 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Is PGI ever going to do anything about the hacks that are being used? When you get hit from 1000 yds in nothing but CT it is obvious they are being used! Why play if you have to cheat?

Its call "aiming"... its not hard to even kill someone who isn't torso twisting 1000 yards out with quad ERPPC... bu tthe problem is, we see most people just swinging their large lasers like light sabres... of course u not gonna get this kind of result.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

*sigh*

Video Proof, or L2P.

Also, PPFLD and perfect convergence. Ain't really that hard, especially against mouth breathers who are probably just staring back and don't bother to do things like zigzag and twist, constantly.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 24 April 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#6 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

Maybe they just got good and/or your mech has prominent CT, there's lots of mechs out there that are easily cored due to prominent CT, take King Crab for example. I'm not saying that hacks does not exist, but it is being addressed with cheaters banned, and the forum is not the place to discuss it. Likewise, you need video proof to actually get us on your side.

But before you actually accuse someone of cheating, could you consider evaluating yourself first? Maybe you just need improvement. Your score isn't really that exemplary. AVG match score doesn't push above 250 in your last four seasons, 250 is the amount needed to retain your PSR in an event of Loss.

Which is more likely, that everyone cheats, therefore you get bad score? Or you get bad score, because you aren't that seasoned?

Posted Image

Edited by The6thMessenger, 24 April 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#7 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

....1000 yds.....

= 914 meters, not that hard.

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

Answer your question, No they're not going to do anything more than they're already doing.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 24 April 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 24 April 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Maybe they just got good and/or your mech has prominent CT, there's lots of mechs out there that are easily cored due to prominent CT, take King Crab for example. I'm not saying that hacks does not exist, but it is being addressed with cheaters banned, and the forum is not the place to discuss it. Likewise, you need video proof to actually get us on your side.

But before you actually accuse someone of cheating, could you consider evaluating yourself first? Maybe you just need improvement. Your score isn't really that exemplary. AVG match score doesn't push above 250 in your last four seasons, 250 is the amount needed to retain your PSR in an event of Loss.

Which is more likely, that everyone cheats, therefore you get bad score? Or you get bad score, because you aren't that seasoned?

Posted Image

normally they say consistency is a good thing.....

normally. Posted Image

#10 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

Oh boy, another one. This should be fun.

#11 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

So consistent CT shots from 1 km means hacks?
for real?

I miss the potatoes from 2012... Skill-wise, they were GODs compared to 2017 potatoes.

#12 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 09 April 2019 - 08:04 AM.
unconstructive, inappropriate content

#13 Pr8Dator2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 250 posts
  • LocationCareer Clanner

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 April 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

normally they say consistency is a good thing.....

normally. Posted Image

I am always aghast how poorly these potatos aim when I spectate, like they have problems linking links on a website. Swinging lasers like light sabres, shooting IS LRMs at point blank, reticle on the enemy but not shoot until 1 second later... its like a bunch of 70 year olds playing. Then these are the same people complaining that other people aim better... oh well... I would love to do a 1 on 1 with this guy and see how he or she does.

Edited by Pr8Dator2, 24 April 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#14 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

View PostPr8Dator2, on 24 April 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

I am always aghast how poorly these potatos aim when I spectate, like they have problems linking links on a website. Swinging lasers like light sabres, shooting IS LRMs at point blank, reticle on the enemy but not shoot until 1 second later... its like a bunch of 70 year olds playing. Then these are the same people complaining that other people aim better... oh well... I would love to do a 1 on 1 with this guy and see how he or she does.

Cant be the best judge unless hit and miss on people shooting when you spectate, just an FYI.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

lol crying about a CT hit @ 900m.

I bet I could CT core you from 1500m.

Accusation of hacks = player cannot, play.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 24 April 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#16 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:01 PM

Not this again, someone get me a drink gif ASAP

#17 Pr8Dator2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 250 posts
  • LocationCareer Clanner

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

Seriously, I believe in aimbot in games like COD and battlefield because you only have 0.02 seconds to aim at the head and shoot at the best player before he take you down. However, this is a game in which you have up to a second to aim! You can't miss a 1 second aim! LOL!

Also, from his/her results, its obvious an LRM boater... high score with dismal WL and KDR because you are just sitting behind and shooting people while maintaining aim... If I see you from 1000m away, and you are staring at me shooting LRMs, I will core you through in 3 seconds at 1000m,...

Well, good news is, this aiming and tactics in MWO can be learned through proper training. Just a few weeks ago, I suck big time. I posted about it here and someone kindly trained me... now my average match score and KDR is double what I used to. I suggest getting a mentor or a trainer and do a few sessions with him/her...

Edited by Pr8Dator2, 24 April 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#18 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Video proof or GTFO. If you're playing at a reasonable sensitivity (or just using PPFLD weapons) it's easy to hold damage steady.

I got one-tapped the other day by some guy who headshotted me with a dual Gauss build from 600m-ish range. I didn't cry hacks, I congratulated him on the shot. Sure enough, he didn't land another shot that good for the entire match.

#19 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

View PostPr8Dator2, on 24 April 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Seriously, I believe in aimbot in games like COD and battlefield because you only have 0.02 seconds to aim at the head and shoot at the best player before he take you down. However, this is a game in which you have up to a second to aim! You can't miss a 1 second aim! LOL!

Also, from his/her results, its obvious an LRM boater... high score with dismal WL and KDR because you are just sitting behind and shooting people while maintaining aim... If I see you from 1000m away, and you are staring at me shooting LRMs, I will core you through in 3 seconds at 1000m,...

Well, good news is, this aiming and tactics in MWO can be learned through proper training. Just a few weeks ago, I suck big time. I posted about it here and someone kindly trained me... now my average match score and KDR is double what I used to. I suggest getting a mentor or a trainer and do a few sessions with him/her...

All for the whole get a mentor and learning thing. Not so sure about high scores low WLR and kdr. That's not high scores lol

#20 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

I've been playing since early open beta, and I've seen maybe two people I suspected were hacking. I reported and got on with my life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users