ISN News Flash

8 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

Fri. Dec 16, 3048: Precentor of Dieron, Sharilar Mori, assured citizens that the Hyperpulse Generator station would be back online within 24 hours.

#2 Nakir

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationItaly (Sicily)

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Biography

Early Service to ComStar

Born in the Draconis Combine, the young Sharilar Mori was inducted into the ranks of Order of Five Pillars and ordered to infiltrate the shadowy persudo-relgious communications organization ComStar.
Accepted into the Blessed Order at age 14, the gifted Mori began a steady climb through ranks of the Order's intelligence division ROM, becoming the protege of militant Precentor Dieron Myndo Waterly, who saw in Mori a younger version of herself. Mori's apparent loyalty to her supposed mentor was rewarded when Waterly ascended to the rank of Primus, naming the relatively young Mori as her successor as Precentor Direon over the protests of the First Circuit. [1]
Serving on the Order's ruling First Circuit and as the Advocate Precentor for all HPG stations in the Draconis Combine, Mori was placed in a incredible position to leak sensitive information to the Combine as well as control public data transfers, most notably serving as the initial conduit for the meetings between Myndo Waterly and Theodore Kurita which lead to Operation Rosebud and the creation of the Free Rasalhague Republic. [1]
Content to primarily protect her cover, the dire threat of the Clan Invasion forced Mori to take a much more proactive role. As the invaders cut a swathe through the Combine, Mori leaked the knowledge that the Clans planned an assault on the Combine capital of Luthien, the advanced warning ensuring time to mount a proper defense and carry the day for the Inner Sphere forces. As a member of Waterly's inner circle, Mori was made aware of Operation Scorpion and realized that her mentors goals were too far divorced from the will of Blake and ComStar's role as protector of the Inner Sphere. Mori's response was two-fold, to leak advance warning of the Interdictions to the Combine to mount a counter-offensive, and to shield the fanatical Waterly from discovering the full extent of Scorpion's failure.
Upon Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht's return to Terra after the Battle of Tukayyid and his violent removal of Waterly from office, he revealed his suspicions of Mori's loyalty to the Combine. Citing his belief that she shared the same view of the good ComStar could do if properly directed, he advocated that Mori take the reigns of the organization to provide just such direction.
Assumption of Power

Immediately following her assumption of the Primus office, ComStar divided between those leaning more to the Toyama-inspired mystical side of ComStar's history, and those that chose to follow the more public nature that the organization had sought to promote (that is, a benevolent guardian of human civilization). This was only exacerbated by Mori's reforms to promote the latter viewpoint. [2]
One noted project ordered by Mori prior to 3055, authorized the Research Team-chi to compile an historical document detailing the complete history of ComStar, to include the period of time from the fall of the Star League to the Word of Blake schism from the larger organization. [2]
Mori sought to avoid further angering Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion by moving an additional Com Guard unit from the Free Rasalhague Republic, which played a part in the 30 November, 3057 decision to hire the 21st Centauri Lancers to garrison Terra.[3][4]

Edited by Nakir, 16 December 2011 - 10:19 AM.

#3 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Uh huh. HPG blackout = media blackout as far as I'm concerned. I wonder what hijinks are afoot on that rockball? Isn't there a Luthien Armor Works plant there?

#4 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

More importantly Rakett, why weren't the 'Jacks hired to be part of it? Your slipping in your old age.

#5 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

Only if it's a burn and turn. You know I'll never work for the snakes again. But a chance to roll one of their factories... Yeah, I could get behind that. I'd almost do it for the salvage rights alone. Almost.

#6 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

Salvage, revenge, or a paycheck, lets roll!

#7 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

I'm a fan of Mori. :)

How could I not be?

#8 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

View PostDihm, on 16 December 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'm a fan of Mori. :)

How could I not be?

Can't say I'm a "fan", but I'd pick just about anybody over Myndo Waterly.

#9 TerrikaiTTV

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

While I may be a newbie to the site I'm not so new to the verse. As far as I'm concerned its another Com funded black ops fiasco and when it hits public eyes here comes another war....."Sigh"..... I'll go start charging my mech and reloading ammo......Damn black ops...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users