*revised* Refunds Sort Of Ok(Not Really)

39 replies to this topic

#1 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

The only change I'd like to see is that we have a choice between C-Bill Refunds and GSP for modules purchased before February 8th.

My reasoning is that I have so much XP that I will not have any use for the perceived "Free XP" from the refunds in the form of GSP, and I don't care about the C-Bill costs of leveling new mechs, I get enough C-bills on a regular basis that those concerns don't apply to me, and I'm sure to others like me. However I would enjoy the opportunity to have loads of C-bills available to fill up my unused Mech Bays (currently have 72 Mechs with 102 Mech Bays).

Edited by mycroft000, 25 April 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#2 A Fluffybunny with lasers

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

The refund table at first sight leads people to think they are getting screwed over with the GSP thrown in there. Then when you go to exchange what ever to try to get the mech finished you have all the hoops you have to go though that are unclear. why could you not have a drop down box with what needs to be converted and a drop down box with what it should be converted to with a fill in box of the amount. Instead we have a slide that with no instruction you can change some thing to some thing so question there is what are we getting and how much do we need to change it to in the first place.

side note: If you have ECM why should you have to go though Radar dep on the skill tree to get ECM? ECM and Radar dep should be two separate areas on the skill tree and never meet. Please put some thought in to items like this

#3 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

My comment is based solely off of the notes, I haven't had the chance to patch and test it yet. But I wasn't commenting on User Interface yet, strictly refunds based on the notes.

#4 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

Refunds are really generous. Too many words in the description IMO but the actual payout is excellent.

#5 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Yep, like I said, nearly perfect. Someone else created a thread asking to split C-Bill and GSP refunds on modules, that's more or less what I'd like.

#6 pyroknight

Rookie

• The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostShevek Anarres, on 25 April 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

I don't understand this. Players are being reimbursed for all modules. Also, mechpacks that did provided modules offered those modules as a early adopter bonus. Anyone who buys the mechpack now doesn't get the modules anymore. No one technically bought those modules, they were given as a gift with the purchase. Otherwise they would still be part of the package.

Also the picture is of a roughneck which didn't come with any modules; so it makes a poor poster mech for this point. Maybe try a marauder or something...

#7 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

Haha, I didn't even actually look at the Mech pictured, it makes his(?) argument hold even less weight.

#8 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

View Postmycroft000, on 25 April 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

The only change I'd like to see is that we have a choice between C-Bill Refunds and GSP for modules purchased before February 8th.

That would be great as I am on the oposite end, I can use any free XP I can get. Money comes in as I play anyway and its much easier for me to get Cbills then XP.
It also gives me some room to experiment with the skilltree.

#9 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, I have nearly 3 million MXP on my NVA-Prime(after converting 1,000,000 off of it during double xp weekends). I literally can't possibly ever use all of the XP on that mech. I've also unlocked EVERY pilot module under the live system, even for weapons and modules I would never use.

#10 Q res

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostSmokedJag, on 25 April 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Refunds are really generous. Too many words in the description IMO but the actual payout is excellent.

Nah, I've spent tens of millions on modules. I want my ******* Cbills back. PGI, clueless as ever.

#11 Buehgler

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

I think the refund structure is quite close to "correct". Giving people 91 SP for a fully mastered mech just makes good sense.

My one concern is that many people are going to end up with a generous pool of GSP that they will not need (or be able) to spend. I wonder if it would be viable to let people spend (at some fractional rate per node) these when respecing their mech?

#12 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

If PGI just allows those players that choose to to sell all or whatever portion of their modules that they wish back through the in game system at the full purchase price then that will solve the refund issue. Those that like the GSP system will be happy and those that want all their C-Bills refunded will be happy. Problem solved.

Just set it up so modules can be sold back in game for the full purchase price before the Skill Tree patch goes live.

#13 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostQ res, on 25 April 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Nah, I've spent tens of millions on modules. I want my ******* Cbills back. PGI, clueless as ever.

Well...you WERE going to get it until the complainers in march nerfed that for you.

#14 Q res

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

To be fair, their complaints had merit. PGI just happened to learn the exact wrong lesson from them, which isn't suprising, mind you.

#15 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

View PostBuehgler, on 25 April 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

I think the refund structure is quite close to "correct". Giving people 91 SP for a fully mastered mech just makes good sense.

My one concern is that many people are going to end up with a generous pool of GSP that they will not need (or be able) to spend. I wonder if it would be viable to let people spend (at some fractional rate per node) these when respecing their mech?

Technically you can spend them when you respec into a new node for the first time. So not the 400xp respec cost but the 45k cbill/800xp node buy cost.

View PostQ res, on 25 April 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

To be fair, their complaints had merit. PGI just happened to learn the exact wrong lesson from them, which isn't suprising, mind you.

End of the day PGI can not inject trillions of cbills into the game (without a sink) as it *will* have a huge negative impact on player numbers. This is a fact.

#16 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

Okay, so my "Nearly Perfect" assessment from reading the notes does not hold true after logging into the test server.

Current stats on the test server I have 73 Mechs with 101 Mech Bays.

56 of those 73 are Mastered under the live tree and getting 91 points each back.
8 of 73 are Elited under the live tree and are getting 57 points each.
6 of 73 are Basic'd and getting 23 points each.
2 of 73 gets 19 points each.
1 of 73 gets 17 points.

Total HSP that I can use to unlock available Nodes = 5096(Mastered Mechs) + 456(Elited Mechs) + 138(Basic'd Mechs) + 55(In Progress) = 5745 Nodes I can unlock on existing Mechs.

Yes I know this doesn't really work but I'm breaking down the math to see how many total Mechs I can unlock all 242 Nodes on between a combination of HSP and GSP before I even touch anything else:

HSP 5745/242= 23.73 Mechs worth of Nodes
GSP 14600/242= 60.33 Mechs worth of Nodes

Total Mechs I can unlock all 242 nodes on= 84 Mechs without touching any refunded GXP, HXP, MXP.

That means of 73 Mechs I can Master every single one of them 100% and still have enough GSP left over to Master another 11 Mechs.

I am NOT going to completely unlock every single Module on every single Mech.

Having done this math, as someone who has spent a total of $556.70 on MC and Mech Packs since I started playing in December 2015, I'm hoping my purchasing power is enough to sway the needle on how to refund Modules purchased before February 8th.

I'd like to get more than a paltry 54,000,000 C-Bills for modules purchased after February. I'm not going to claim I'll stop playing or make any silly ultimatums like that, but I definitely won't need to open my wallet as freely as before because I'll be able to "Master" as many as 223 Mechs, I can stop buying Mech Packs and would only need to get a total of 32k MC to purchase enough Mechbays to own 223 Mechs. Sure I'd still spend money, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as much as buying multiple mech packs a year.

#17 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

Updated - GSP is a good intention, but a bad execution.

#18 S9ectre86

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

I don't post much but I thought I'd add my two cents worth to this.

I'm extremely happy with the refunds as proposed, especially the change to the refunds for the modules. XP is harder for me to come by than C-bills and the XP refunds will go a long way in helping me skill up my more dusty mechs.

#19 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

If we had a way to convert GSP to C-Bills(Don't need XP refunded for this) I would happily take the GSP refund and use what I want, and convert the rest to C-Bills.

View PostS9ectre86, on 25 April 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

I don't post much but I thought I'd add my two cents worth to this.

I'm extremely happy with the refunds as proposed, especially the change to the refunds for the modules. XP is harder for me to come by than C-bills and the XP refunds will go a long way in helping me skill up my more dusty mechs.

Does spending $550 in 1yr 4months get me into "Whale" territory?

#20 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

What happens with the XP attatchewd to the trial mechs is there a way to strip that off so I can use it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users