Are You Really Going To Cheat Players Out Of Their Module Refunds?

32 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral_Korean_Jesus

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

You are alienating and pushing away veteran players and "whales" who have spent countless amounts of real money and hours in this game. C-bills are earned with grinding time and some carry over from MC etc. You do understand how detrimental it is to completely invalidate all of that time and money invested?

From precedent the last time the module system was over hauled for example, we got full refunds. The skill tree appears to be coming along at a decent pace, and the new weapons and equipment are something to look forward to. Though by cheaping out on refunding our space money, you are cheating your veteran players out of hundreds of hours of grind. This is just wrong. Give us back the same c-bills we paid. We understand this game is FTP, but you are scamming the community by not giving us full refunds on modules we have purchased. Stop trying to set some false cut off date and trying to screw us, please...

#2 Q res

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

But don't you understand, they can't push out too many Cbills, it will wreck the game economy.

Please ignore that this game doesn't actually have an economy in any meaningful sense...

#3 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

They already changed the cut-off date from 2/8 to 12/3, so the people who spent money AFTER the cbill refund anouncement get their cbills back. The others... Well we do get a refund, but not cbills. Think of it this way: You had Seismic Sensor, and your refund is the means to get Seismic Sensor again, since that's no longer a module but a node. It's not perfect, but what is these days?

#4 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostQ res, on 25 April 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

But don't you understand, they can't push out too many Cbills, it will wreck the game economy.

Please ignore that this game doesn't actually have an economy in any meaningful sense...

The only thing it doesn't have is a player to player economy, but it very much has a real economy. It has income and Cbill sinks, mechs and equipment cost cbills. That is as much an economy as anything else. The problem is if you inject trillions of cbills into the game without a sink you will see a colossal drop in player numbers after a week as a large portion of the population bought every mech they wanted and fitted them out the way they wanted and realized there is no point in grinding cbills for no reason.

How to kill a game in 1 easy step.

#5 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostQ res, on 25 April 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

No it won't. That's the biggest excuse I have ever seen. If anything, I am likely to spend C-Bills to build more iterations of chassis I like and own, rather than being low on funds because of meta shifts. And with new tech, I'll need every single one.

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

So the 3 million you spent on a single AC5 Cooldown Module is going to return you 67 skill points worth of GSP, if I understand it correctly. That's more than enough to re-buy what you've lost with the module.

#7 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

I want to be able to convert GSP into C-Bills. https://mwomercs.com...nearly-perfect/

#8 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 April 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

So the 3 million you spent on a single AC5 Cooldown Module is going to return you 67 skill points worth of GSP, if I understand it correctly. That's more than enough to re-buy what you've lost with the module.

GSP will be practically worthless though. I got enough GSP to master 40 and a half mechs and my main mechs are already mastered due to historic SP. If they were smart they'd give you an option to pick GSP or Cbills, or just give both so that people would spend the stuff up quickly. Under the current system I'd have to buy 40 mechs to even get through the bonus, without the cbill refund I don't see myself buying a single mech any time soon.

#9 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

I broke down the math for my inventory in my thread: https://mwomercs.com...nearly-perfect/

#10 S9ectre86

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

View PostMikato Soul, on 25 April 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

You are alienating and pushing away veteran players and "whales" who have spent countless amounts of real money and hours in this game. C-bills are earned with grinding time and some carry over from MC etc. You do understand how detrimental it is to completely invalidate all of that time and money invested?

From precedent the last time the module system was over hauled for example, we got full refunds. The skill tree appears to be coming along at a decent pace, and the new weapons and equipment are something to look forward to. Though by cheaping out on refunding our space money, you are cheating your veteran players out of hundreds of hours of grind. This is just wrong. Give us back the same c-bills we paid. We understand this game is FTP, but you are scamming the community by not giving us full refunds on modules we have purchased. Stop trying to set some false cut off date and trying to screw us, please...

As an extremely large and bloated whale, my main gripe was/is getting the time to grind out the XP to master my dusty hanger full of mechs.

I'm extremely happy with the refunds for the modules being partially in XP to be honest. I was ready to give up paying for this game and/or playing under the proposed PTS #1 changes but I am pleasantly surprised my concerns are addressed somewhat with the proposals in PTS #2.

C-bills just kinda rack up as you play the game and I just used to dump them into modules and/or engines. XP is much harder to come by for an average player such as myself. That's just me anyway.

#11 Q res

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

View PostForceUser, on 25 April 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

The only thing it doesn't have is a player to player economy, but it very much has a real economy. It has income and Cbill sinks, mechs and equipment cost cbills. That is as much an economy as anything else. The problem is if you inject trillions of cbills into the game without a sink you will see a colossal drop in player numbers after a week as a large portion of the population bought every mech they wanted and fitted them out the way they wanted and realized there is no point in grinding cbills for no reason.

How to kill a game in 1 easy step.

In no way, shape, or form does the way this game treats Cbills constitute an economy. Not only is there no way for Cbills to flow from player-to-player, but the amount of Cbills I have on my account has absolutely zero impact on anyone else in any manner. Calling what this game has an economy is a joke.

#12 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 25 April 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

GSP will be practically worthless though. I got enough GSP to master 40 and a half mechs and my main mechs are already mastered due to historic SP. If they were smart they'd give you an option to pick GSP or Cbills, or just give both so that people would spend the stuff up quickly. Under the current system I'd have to buy 40 mechs to even get through the bonus, without the cbill refund I don't see myself buying a single mech any time soon.

Grats on stockpiling resources in a MMO? If you have surplus tens of thousands of GSP, it means you have one rather mature account. It also means that you could part with a lot of them for Cbills now if it matters so much to how you see yourself hypothetically playing the game going forward. Economically it makes no difference because Cbills, being money, are fungible, but whatever floats your boat.

It makes no difference to me if they let people sell excess GSP for Cbills.

#13 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

You're missing the huge giant player <> DEV economy, same as in dozens of other games and its refered to as the game's economy in every single one of them too just like in MWO.

#14 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

But they are saying that you get a full refund?

#15 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:18 AM

You will not lose a single cbill you spent no, but you wont get all of the cbills you spent back as cbills. Some of it will be converted into free skill points. Depends on when you bought the modules.

#16 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:18 AM

View PostQ res, on 26 April 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

In no way, shape, or form does the way this game treats Cbills constitute an economy. Not only is there no way for Cbills to flow from player-to-player, but the amount of Cbills I have on my account has absolutely zero impact on anyone else in any manner. Calling what this game has an economy is a joke.

I think what he was getting at is that a big incentive to battle through the matches is to earn more c-bills.
If you have enough c-bills to buy a planet, you remove an incentive.
Earning to buy a new mech or a new engine is part of the reason to keep playing.
Earning the XP is a by product of that which allows you to put on some upgrades and improve performance which in turn should translate into more c-bills per match.
By getting a truck load of points up front, we can get to better c-bill rewards faster and concentrate on the equipment side of customisation.

#17 Naaaaak

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:19 AM

I don't care about a "cutoff date".
I don't care about "unlock tokens" (GSP).

I paid C-Bills for modules. Modules no longer exist. Return C-Bills.

I can use the 500 million C-Bills I'm owed. I will never use however many "unlock tokens" that is and feel cheated to the point of no longer wanting to play.

#18 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:25 AM

Its funny because PGI originally was going to refund all modules as cbills. But that wasnt acceptable because people coulnt master their mechs. Now you can more than master every mech you own but thats not enough. When will it be enough?

trick question: answer is never :D

#19 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:41 AM

1) They are not trying to screw us. They don't want to do that/doesn't help them any.
2) We are getting a full refund and then some- in "Value" via SP (Cbill worth + additional free XP worth). This is generous really.
3) I agree its not a great approach as it destroys the XP grind/economy which is more fun (levelling a new mech) than CBill grinding (to get a new mech etc). Allowing sale of SP is one solution to balance this individually.

I am a cheapskate by nature & am always playing the swap the module game. I am a very dedicated player though- and even find myself shocked by the number of modules I have listed and the amount of SP I am getting is nuts- couldn't spend it all if I wanted to. But with new tech coming up- some extra CBills would be well worth having.

Edited by Wibbledtodeath, 26 April 2017 - 02:43 AM.

#20 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:45 AM

View PostMikato Soul, on 25 April 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

The bleeting whales were the ones who forced the skill tree to be delayed in the first place because they didn't want to lose progression.

Now they're whining about not getting the money instead that they said they didn't want because they couldn't get their progression with it.

Color me unimpressed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users