Fix Jump Jets Please!

No replies to this topic

#1 Jericho Jones

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

I realize I am flogging a dead horse here, but fact is fact. The way jump jets are implemented in this game sucks!

It has no resembalance to how jump jets work in battle tech cannon, or any other battle tech related computer game I have ever seen.

I propose the following option: (Note: The difficulty of controling an airborn mech added to the vulnerability of an airborn mech would add built in game balance.)

Key maps;

Insert = Jump up and to the left.
Home = Jump up and forward.
page up = Jump up and to the left
end = Jump up and backwards
Delete, page down = Allow an 'airborn' mech to rotate/spin left or right
Space bar = Jump straight up

Note that if some folks would prefer to use different keys they can allways remap them. Example: you could map the space bar to 'Jump up and forward" and the home key to to 'Jump straigt up"

I realize the sugested mapping would require changng the default position of the consumable module keys, but just about everyone I know remaps those ayway.

This system would greatly increase the functionality of jump jets without unbalancing the game. It would also allow for a whole new style of fighting for a jump capable mech. A way that I myself and many others have been sorely missing in what is otherwise a great game.

You will note that Im speciffically NOT asking for the abillity to shoot straight down. That would be great! and it would make perfect sense. However, I'm sure certain folks would start screaming, 'OP! OP!'

Regards,

SPOOOON!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users