8 replies to this topic

#1 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:06 PM

With PGI' s latest iteration of the refund system I was wondering whether it was worth spending GXP on unskilled mechs now?

Originally I was saving my GXP to spend on nodes along with the Cbills I was was being refunded on mechs in my inventory that I have never bothered to play (Panthers come to mind), or mechs I had planned to buy later once the system of 3 goes away.

With the new system granting up to 91 skill nodes for each mastered mech I figure I can save the cost of the Cbills for each node by mastering them now. That approx $4million per mech savings.

For me it's not much of an issue as I expect a big GSP refund from modules anyway but I do have over 400,000 GXP which would let me level about 8-10 mechs thus saving around 40m Cbills for the future.

Of coarse it relies on PGI not changing anything between now and live.

(Note I have no use for GXP other than leveling mechs as all current modules etc are unlocked)

What say you wise people?

Edited by slide, 25 April 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#2 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

So I logged in and checked my account on the PTS. Turns out I will have enough GSP to level 273 mechs (@91 ea) and most of my mechs are Elited now, if not mastered. I think I will be ok for quite some time. So I won't bother. Although I have no idea what I am going to do with 800k+ of GXP.

The original question might be relevant for some one else though, if they want to save some Cbills later.

#3 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

That would be my suggestion, yes...with the current proposed refund system, one should at least spend enough available GXP to make sure all their mechs are fully mastered, because saving GXP to convert to SP later to get the full 91 SP per mech will cost C-bills, but getting your masteries now before the skill tree goes live will convert those skills directly to SP, saving 45k C-bills per SP. If you have any mechs that are only elited, you're only getting 57 SP in the exchange for each elited mech, which puts you short by 34 SP per mech, costing you 1,530,000 C-bills per mech to convert GXP to get the full 91 SP.

Yes, you could use the GSP from the module refunds to finish out mastering your mechs, but here's a thought...if you have enough GXP to make sure all your mechs are fully mastered, sell some or all your modules before the tree goes live and get the C-bills out of them. I'm not sure if they'll adjust the buy-back price for modules between now and then, but you'd get 50% of your original C-bills back, at least currently. We're going to need C-bills still to buy new mechs and especially to buy the new technology items that will be coming out soon as well. The other alternative is to save the GSP to make changes to your skill trees, as it will cost SP to unlock nodes that have not been purchased before, but then it also costs GXP or XP to repurchase a previously unlocked node...ugh...too many currencies.

#4 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

Keep in mind there is a total of 242 nodes for each mech that you can spend SP on. Saying you only need 91 works if you only select 91 nodes and never change. As soon as you start selecting new nodes you have to pay 1SP for them. The ones you previously unlocked don't require SP to select again, although they do cost 400 xp to reactivate.

So you could potentially use 242 SP on one mech if you end up trying out every possible node at some point or another.

#5 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

Also, there is the completely realistic possibility, that PGI cancels the project on the demand of users, and everyone will have screwed their own economy on speculations.

#6 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:19 AM

Assuming the refund stays as it is, spend the GXP now so you won't have to pay Cbills to convert them to SP later. I've got nothing else to spend the GXP on anyway so that's what I'm doing.

#7 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:28 AM

We know the skill tree is going live with the next patch. Anyone wondering when a good time would be to spend GXP or sell Modules, it would be the sunday/monday before the patch drops or when the patch notes come out (about the same time).

#8 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

It's likely your gsp will be smaller as they move back the time on the module refund. You will get more cbills back if you bought modules.

If you mastered any cheap light mechs buy a few of these and you can resell them after. This would give you 91 nodes each for as low as 700k.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 April 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#9 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

And Sales of Locust-1V's soar!
Notable rises on sales of Commando 1B's and Urbanmech -R60s also noted in monthly trading reports
Contact FWLM-Surplus.cs for all your used mech needs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users