My New Reorganized Weapon Tree? Thoughts & Poll!

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Weapon Tree Reorganized? Poll! (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you Like the Reorginized Weapon Tree over the Original?

1. Yes, (37 votes [82.22%])

Percentage of vote: 82.22%

2. No, (8 votes [17.78%])

Percentage of vote: 17.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

View PostRuar, on 25 April 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

The change to having the combined nodes is nice... but if we could just get it in a linear path.

Yes and no. Now I can't get my AC/10 to sync with the PPC since both get faster. However, both do get increased range, which is nice.

Linear path wouldn't change anything. You will have proportionally fewer points to spend through some fashion.

#22 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 27 April 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Yes and no. Now I can't get my AC/10 to sync with the PPC since both get faster. However, both do get increased range, which is nice.

Linear path wouldn't change anything. You will have proportionally fewer points to spend through some fashion.

I'm good with fewer points. I just want to be able to spend those points on the skills I think are needed instead of following the cookie cutter path the devs insist we all have to follow to get certain skills.

The only real customization on the skill tree is whether I take firepower or survival skills. The rest is pretty much going to be the same. I have a feeling after people see the changes to heat then firepower nodes will be chosen less and we'll all be taking survival, sensors, operations, and round out the rest in mobility/auxiliary. We'll end up pretty much where we are now in that everyone is using the same thing simply because the devs forced us down that path through their tangled web instead of using a linear tree that lets us actually customize to fit our goals.

#23 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

It's definitely better, but that is precisely because it's going against the skill tree devs silly design philosophy. This tree is headed towards being a linear tree, which makes it better, but it makes it exactly the opposite of what said dev wants it to be. Wish he would just listen to the players already rather thinking he's smarter than all of us.

#24 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

this ideeea is very nice should be implemented this way u don`t have to waste or put points into what you don`t want

#25 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

i think rather that worrying about weapon boating with the Skill Tree, we handle it in other ways,
use Ghost Heat, or another System to fix the problems with Boating not the Tree,

#26 Gemanii

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

in my opinion new system could work very well with a few key changes. First a unactivated node should still count as a link to other parts of tree. Second the 91 skill cap should be raised not a lot i would like to see closer to 120 130. and third i think that the c bill cost to open a node is crazy it will make game feel even more of a grind to newer players and old since the money we all want to use on mechs and gear and upgrades now gets eaten just to skill a mech. without some serious changes to these points i wont be playing what is supposed to be a fun game not a job to do every little thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users