10 replies to this topic

#1 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Seriously PGI you have made a total balls up of this new skill system YOU DON"T NEED FOUR XP TYPES! just keep it simple and have C-bills Xp and MC, as it stands now it's just a confusing jumbled mess and I like others feel ripped off with the refund system just give us back the C-bills we spent and forget about the other Xp's you are making it unduly confusing.

And make the skill tree linear as it stands now you don't have a bloody clue how to go about setting up your Mechs, now I understand that there needs to be change BUT remember the rule of KISS Keep It Simple Stupid!

The way this is now TBH I just couldn't be bothered putting in more time to work out how to play this stupid game and forget about new players they will take one look at this shake their head say it's all too hard and just leave and it's making me seriously regret all the Mech packs and MC that I payed as it was a great game now it's just a jumbled mess
Totally NOT HAPPY atm

#2 Geldrin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

Seconding this.

Instead of putting your time and resources into something meaningful developement, you wasted a lot of effort by making a completeley unnessesary and complicated XP system for the new skill tree. (As the playerbase constantly renewing -at least a good chunk of it-, the whole historic XP stuff will lose it's purpose as time passes anyways.)

Just convert the existing GXP and XP by a specified conversion rate, and you'd be done. The crybabies will be always there, and eventually, they would stop complaining about the conversion rates like any other things.

Oh well, you already spent too much time to develop this feature, so you won't change your mind regardless.

#3 Vecillas

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 6 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationThat way

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:59 AM

It is very silly indeed. At first glance the GSP refund just looked like the gxp that players had before the refund, so they might skim over what it does without realizing it.

#4 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Just make everything currently under historic xp/sp and make it gxp, 2 things of clutter gone, value is maintained, and refund cbills and mc for removed items at face value. All xp earned from update day forward becomes mech specific except gxp. Boom, nothing new added currency-wise except skill points, which you can leave everyone at 0sp (general or mech specific, not needed in this solution) on update and let us purchase with the refunded gxp at will. Very simple.

Actually, i dont even know why a sp currency is even needed to be honost. Why not direct purchase nodes with xp and gxp?

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, PGI's gone and made things too convoluted. If they release these 'New Skill Trees' the way they are being PTS'd now, I'll throw in the towel just as I did with another MMO. Forcing people to relearn from scratch will drive too many away, and I'm in no condition to put up with it. -_-

Frankly, all PGI really needed to do, instead of these 'New Skill Trees', they just needed to provide one more Master Slot on all the Mechs that didn't already provide at least 4 Mech/Weapon slots in total, not including other Master Slots. But, apparently, PGI lacked the forethought of keeping it simple. :(

~D. V. "Getting ready to walk out the door if this gets launched..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 26 April 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#6 Geldrin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 26 April 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

Frankly, all PGI really needed to do, instead of these 'New Skill Trees', they just needed to provide one more Master Slot on all the Mechs that didn't already provide at least 4 Mech/Weapon slots in total, not including other Master Slots. But, apparently, PGI lacked the forethought of keeping it simple. Posted Image

Battletech was never a simplistic game, and any derived game will be inherently comlex (otherwise it will loose it's core feature that makes it battletech). However, this doesn't mean the KISS principle shouldn't be applied here.

As for the skill tree stuff, I'm not against it. If you take this way, there will be a lot of things to be (re)discovered, and we'll have lots of new builds and techniques to be explored.

#7 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Make it simple by allowing people to level their mechs by either XP, Cbills or MC give them back everything that they spent and most complaints will go away and then there is less confusion about leveling up

#8 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

I don't have a problem with the ledger refund/explaination etc, I find it clear and pretty easy to follow. The summary in the PTS is great (just wish it was updated to reflected modules purchased since dec 2016)... them trees however.

#9 Excalabur50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 123 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

Well the only good thing about all of this IS the fact that PGI are running this pts and giving us all a fair chance at passing on our criticisms and our likes as well, they could have just said here's what you're getting and tough luck so kudos to them for that

#10 Tankenka

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

Logged in today after a couple weeks away and there was the new system...

Holy hell does it ever NOT make sense... why is there a separate plethora of skills for EVERY MECH?!

Why not have, should the trees be there anyway... one set of trees that are pilot effected, things that being a skilled pilot has an understanding of... and then a smaller sum of things that are mech specific... this is fantastic for tweaking mechs to be so precise as to generate millions of combinations - but I sure as hell hope that resets for trees are absolutely FREE.

And... I lost MILLIONS of C-Bills in the conversion from modules... sure, I have over 300k in GXP (does this mean I can spend it anywhere? And how much does it cost to unlock all the skills on each mech - something that I would have had with the pilot based skills)... maybe I am just blind, but I can't seem to find a darned thing that adequately explains how this entire new setup works... just a glossed over system.

Oh well - this is all the grumping I'll do. Time will be better spent figuring out this rat's nest setup (sorry guys, but as others have said... simple is better - and there are ways to make things complex while still being simple... this is complex for the sake of being complex).

Off to bash my head against this for a bit.

#11 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:50 AM

View PostTankenka, on 03 June 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

but I sure as hell hope that resets for trees are absolutely FREE.

Respeccing does not give you back the SP you spent. If you purchase a node, deactivate it and and reactivate it later, it will cost you 400 XP per node.

And how much does it cost to unlock all the skills on each mech - something that I would have had with the pilot based skills)...
237 SP. Which you don't want to do, really, since you can only have 91 nodes active on the mech at any given time. Chances are that a respec or two down the line you'll have only spent 120-150 SP on the chassis.

sorry guys, but as others have said... simple is better - and there are ways to make things complex while still being simple... this is complex for the sake of being complex
100% agreed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users