Two Observations From Refund Ledger....

9 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

#1 You are refunded skill nodes on mech variants you skilled previously but no longer own.

#2 You get skill points for every example of any variant you own, to whatever # you're entitled for the previous skill unlocks. So if you only the 8 basic skills worth 23 nodes... but FIVE copies of that mech... you get 115 nodes for that variant. If its a mastered mech...its 91 nodes times however many you own. So I have three KDK-3s...273 nodes... on top of the historical XP piled up on that variant.

In other words... BUY more of anything you really like before patch day. Re-spec / tinker cost will thus become negligible when you're swimming in a pool of skill nodes for that variant.

Edited by Dee Eight, 25 April 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#2 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:25 PM

View PostShevek Anarres, on 25 April 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

i DON'T WANT MY DOLLARS BACK. i WANT THE SKILL TREE. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE...EMAIL BILLING...STOP POSTING DUMB IMAGES.

#3 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

Another suggestion is to finish mastering those newly purchased or even old & dusty mechs that you've left at Elite...that last extra module slot is worth 34 SP (27,200 XP) and 1,530,000 C-bills that you'll have to earn later to finish mastering your mech at 91 SP in the new system. This is exponentially worthwhile if you own or will purchase multiples of the same mech, as mentioned above.

#4 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 27 April 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Another suggestion is to finish mastering those newly purchased or even old & dusty mechs that you've left at Elite...that last extra module slot is worth 34 SP (27,200 XP) and 1,530,000 C-bills that you'll have to earn later to finish mastering your mech at 91 SP in the new system. This is exponentially worthwhile if you own or will purchase multiples of the same mech, as mentioned above.

I'm going to double check my non mastered mechs to see how close they are... but there were fun issues with them which is why I didn't master them in the first place.

#5 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 27 April 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

I'm going to double check my non mastered mechs to see how close they are... but there were fun issues with them which is why I didn't master them in the first place.

Yes, there is always the fun factor to take into account.

#6 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:56 AM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 27 April 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

yes but there is also the GSP... which players who bought tons of modules have way too much of https://mwomercs.com...ith-gsp-refund/

#7 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostDanjo San, on 28 April 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

yes but there is also the GSP... which players who bought tons of modules have way too much of https://mwomercs.com...ith-gsp-refund/

As I posted elsewhere, my thought on that is that if you can get every mech mastered primarily using the SP received in the mastery conversion, you might be better off selling some or all your modules right before the conversion to at least get some C-bills out of them. Each person's situation will be different, so it might be a good idea to check out the PTS to get an idea of how many GSP from modules you're really going to need to finish mastering mechs, and maybe have an extra supply on hand for purchasing nodes when you want to respec your mech trees or when you purchase new mechs. I've seen some pilots figure they'll have so many GSP from the module conversion to fully master over 200 mechs beyond what they currently own...kind of a waste, so those are the ones that might want to sell some modules beforehand, as we do have all the new technology coming soon, which will require a healthy amount of C-bills to refit your mechs.

ETA: Just read your post...that sucks, you're one that will have the "too much GSP" problem. If nothing changes between now and when it goes live, I'd definitely look at selling modules right before that happens. I was looking at doing the same thing when it was the other way around...having too many mechs to buy skills with too little C-bills coming from a module refund (cheapskate module-swapper), so I had planned to sell off a number of mechs to fund the skill tree expenses.

Edited by Sarsaparilla Kid, 28 April 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#8 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 28 April 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

[...] I've seen some pilots figure they'll have so many GSP from the module conversion to fully master over 200 mechs beyond what they currently own...kind of a waste, so those are the ones that might want to sell some modules beforehand, as we do have all the new technology coming soon, which will require a healthy amount of C-bills to refit your mechs.

[...]

i'm giving you just a few numbers now about my Modules after 5 years of playing this game : 2.000.000.000+ Cbills or (PTS) 46174 GSP - taking already owned g/xp etc into acount thats more then 600(!) Mechs i can fully skill (assuming 91 nodes +30 extra for respec etc)

so what you say is essentially that i should go and sell about 2/3 of my modules before this goes live next month just to keep the GSP amount ANYWHERE near realistic to ever spend. Since i only get half the value back (instead of the many times promised FULL refund) that would effectively mean i sell modules worth about 1.400.000.000 Cbills to get about 700.000.000 Cbills back because oherwise pgi just slaps me with (in such an escessive amount) useless GSP.

i'm fine with a new skilltree system, even if i think the design is bad and the balance will shift extremely towards even more boating and some other flaws, i can live with that.

What annoys me is that i get kicked in the nuts for buying modules in the first place instead of buying mechs/equipment. and that without any logical reason. I get punished for buying modules and loose YEARS of CBill grinding, where mechbuyers just think "well, cant care less, i dont loose anything"

What is the solution?
A) full cbill refund for modules
B) implement a slider that lets you divide the refund in GSP and Cbills (VERY easy to implement)

Why wont PGI do this (russ himself said that on twitter)?

There is NO Reason. not a single one.

Except if they just want to piss of many core gamers that are playing this game for years and have spend up to thousands of $ prem time, mc etc., because many of those will be gone if they keep on going like this as far as i see the reactions in all the forums and channels.

#9 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostMeihru, on 28 April 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

i'm giving you just a few numbers now about my Modules after 5 years of playing this game : 2.000.000.000+ Cbills or (PTS) 46174 GSP - taking already owned g/xp etc into acount thats more then 600(!) Mechs i can fully skill (assuming 91 nodes +30 extra for respec etc)

so what you say is essentially that i should go and sell about 2/3 of my modules before this goes live next month just to keep the GSP amount ANYWHERE near realistic to ever spend. Since i only get half the value back (instead of the many times promised FULL refund) that would effectively mean i sell modules worth about 1.400.000.000 Cbills to get about 700.000.000 Cbills back because oherwise pgi just slaps me with (in such an escessive amount) useless GSP.

i'm fine with a new skilltree system, even if i think the design is bad and the balance will shift extremely towards even more boating and some other flaws, i can live with that.

What annoys me is that i get kicked in the nuts for buying modules in the first place instead of buying mechs/equipment. and that without any logical reason. I get punished for buying modules and loose YEARS of CBill grinding, where mechbuyers just think "well, cant care less, i dont loose anything"

What is the solution?
A) full cbill refund for modules
Posted Image implement a slider that lets you divide the refund in GSP and Cbills (VERY easy to implement)

Why wont PGI do this (russ himself said that on twitter)?

There is NO Reason. not a single one.

Except if they just want to piss of many core gamers that are playing this game for years and have spend up to thousands of $ prem time, mc etc., because many of those will be gone if they keep on going like this as far as i see the reactions in all the forums and channels.

Totally agree...I'd wait closer to the last minute before selling any modules, though, in case they change their minds again.

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 25 April 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

#1 You are refunded skill nodes on mech variants you skilled previously but no longer own.

#2 You get skill points for every example of any variant you own, to whatever # you're entitled for the previous skill unlocks. So if you only the 8 basic skills worth 23 nodes... but FIVE copies of that mech... you get 115 nodes for that variant. If its a mastered mech...its 91 nodes times however many you own. So I have three KDK-3s...273 nodes... on top of the historical XP piled up on that variant.

In other words... BUY more of anything you really like before patch day. Re-spec / tinker cost will thus become negligible when you're swimming in a pool of skill nodes for that variant.

This. I really like the refund system. It's much better than their original proposal and actually far more generous than even I had considered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users