Suggestion About The Historic Skill Point System

4 replies to this topic

#1 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:32 AM

When you first go into the skill section for your selected mech for the first time you have zero skill points available. So you must purchase them. When you select add SP (add skill point) it gives you two options (or specifically choose method.)

you can select use available skill points or purchase skill points.

There is a slight problem with this. Even though you might have 91 historic skill points available you can still select to purchase skill points and use types of XP and c-bills to purchase skill points. Rendering your HSP useless and un-usable.

I will fess up and I did read (most) of the patch notes, but I probably skimmed over some parts. Due to this I did not pay much attention and mastered out a mech using c-bills/exp and now have 91 HSP just sitting there. My suggestion is that if you have any HSP (historic skill points) available you cannot buy skill points from any other method until you use those HSP.

Grey out the "purchase skill points" option and make GSP (general skill points) unclickable until all historic skill points are used.

OR (probably better implementation) just make all historic skill points available right off the bat for that mech/chassis without having to purchase em.

I think this will help alleviate some confusion for newer players and people who might be too quick to pay attention ( there is alot going on with this exp conversion afterall.)

#2 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:40 AM

Should be a simple check.

IF HSP>0, make sure HSP are applied before HXP/Cbills/etc.

HSP are only useable on that chassis, for this purpose. It boggles the mind that you can use GSP/other currency when HSP exist.

#3 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:44 AM

you can still use the HSP to unlock additional nodes if you want to respec. The way people go on around here you will fully respec at least twice a night so youll go through your HSP pretty quickly.

#4 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

View PostForceUser, on 26 April 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

you can still use the HSP to unlock additional nodes if you want to respec. The way people go on around here you will fully respec at least twice a night so youll go through your HSP pretty quickly.

good point. However, there are a few builds that are set in stone for some people. I am just suggesting this here so that there is no headache for others in the future. Now that I know about it i know how to work with it.

#5 Darth OConner

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 12 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWestern Rim

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

note to developers. This inconsistency and basically an oversight is costing players their sanity. I only outfitted one of my 30 mechs to test this out and am also sitting on historic points and spent xp... but tat was due to the xp/$$ being open when it really should not be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users