Boycott

36 replies to this topic

#1 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

If you are like me and feel like your time is being thrown away with the modual refund then there is a great way to get back at PGI dont spend a dime on Mechwarrior 5. Let them waste there time and money on a game no one will buy then maybe a real game developer will make a proper mechwarrior game. if you agree post in here why you do. if you dont then leave us salty ******* alone.

#2 Baba_Yaga

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Why do you think i got a refund on the madcat colleters pack.

#3 SIN Maruzen

• PipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Cute. You think this will get you somewhere.

#4 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostSIN Maruzen, on 26 April 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

Cute. You think this will get you somewhere.

maybe not. but maybe enough people will voice there concern with how they are being treated pgi might actually do something right for once.

View PostHamerclone, on 26 April 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Why do you think i got a refund on the madcat colleters pack.

thoughts not enough boycotting mech 5 hurts them way worse than not buying a mech pack.

Edited by dankith, 26 April 2017 - 07:21 PM.

#5 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

What's a "modual"? Posted Image

#6 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

No offense but I am fine with how my module refund is being handled. More than fine actually I am thrilled with it. For those that thought they were going to get a full C-Bill refund based on what PGI originally told them I hope that they get what they were promised. I want my refund in GSP as it is more valuable to me than the C-Bills I was going to be refunded.

When MW5 comes out I will definitely buy it. That has nothing to do with this. I own a copy of every MechWarrior PC game that was ever made. I will not be missing out on the next one.

#7 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

I like the refund, no issues from me. My problem is the skill tree layout itself. I'm fairly certain the little bit of OCD I have won't let me play with the tangled mess they currently have. It needs to be linear.

#8 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

View Postdankith, on 26 April 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

If you are like me and feel like your time is being thrown away with the modual refund then there is a great way to get back at PGI dont spend a dime on Mechwarrior 5. Let them waste there time and money on a game no one will buy then maybe a real game developer will make a proper mechwarrior game. if you agree post in here why you do. if you dont then leave us salty ******* alone.

View Postdankith, on 26 April 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

thoughts not enough boycotting mech 5 hurts them way worse than not buying a mech pack.

You... Do realize that MW5:Mercs is at least... AT LEAST... A full year away from release? Probably closer to 2 years the way PGI works things.

It's way, way too early to be screaming about boycotting a game that has for all intents and purposes just started development in the last 6-12 months.

#9 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

I forsee a lock coming

#10 4rcs1ne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,TN

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

Lol, I take a one week break and the forums have erupted into a fiery shitstorm. Why am I not surprised?

#11 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

Lol no, as much as I am annoyed at the module refund not giving me cbills for the cbills I grinded out and put into modules in 2014-16 and instead giving me skill points for a small collection of mechs that have enough HSP that I can automaster them (tested on the PTS) I am not boycotting PGI over it. I am voicing my concerns and asking for a more fair repayment just like the "cheapskates" who module swapped and bought more mechs instead of modules did to hopefully get PGI to give a more reasonable refund method, baring that, eh, 50% is something and I will take it on May 15th or 14th whenever I have the time to sit down and hunt down all my modules and sell them off.

This ain't boycott worthy, it is an annoyance. The QQ and salt levels are higher than a southern carnival overrun by salt based lifeforms whose only emotions are QQ.

#12 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

My brother was saying he wished he could get the Annihilator pack before the pre-order bonuses run out. But he's not employed right now. You know what? I think I'll buy it for him. :)

#13 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

I need some clarification on what the problem is here, because "wasting time" is an arbitrary and altogether weak concept with no data or meaning behind it.

Maybe you can elaborate if we look at the data:

A single module gets you GSP equal to the CBILL cost divided by 45K
Skill points are WHOLE skill nodes you can unlock on a 1 to 1 basis

In the example Capture Accelerator gets you 133.3 GSP
thats 133 nodes which would cost you: 5,985,000 CBILLS and 106,400 GXP

That is 1 mech fully skilled at no additional cost and one mech skilled about halfway at no additional cost

In the current Model Cap Accel Costs 6,000,000 and 15,000 GXP
The refund is giving you 91,400 FREE GXP equivalent for the loss of 15,000 CBILL

Assuming you earn 150 GXP per match on a 1,500 XP match at 10 minutes per match you are getting back 6,100 minutes of your time for 15K CBILLs, or 100 HOURS of your life.

For the worst case scenario Advanced Zoom is 5000 GXP and 2,000,000 CBILLS
44 GSP or about half a mech
35,200 GXP equivalent
Thats 30,200 free GXP equivalent per module or 234 games worth of GXP if you get 150GXP per 10 minute game or 39 Hours of your life you don't have to spend.

Sounds like your time is respected to me, but maybe your math is different. Let me know.

#14 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

Blah blah anger is unfounded, rage is silly, stop the nonsense. We get points back, we get free MC, we can level practically all our robits and then some, probably have SP left over to spend on new ones that we never have to play to master. Wai be mad?

For once it looks like PGI listened and tried to come up with an honest solution to our previous rage.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 26 April 2017 - 07:55 PM.

#15 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

I can think of a dozen reasons to boycott spending money on PGI. This isn't one of them.

#16 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

The refund is fine. The problem is them ******* balance for no good reason and the skill tree being a goddamn mess.

#17 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

I just want the new skill tree to come out ASAP. I care about the module refunds but not as much as getting the new skill tree. My meta Clan mechs are itching to play with those skills.

#18 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

You want me to not play Mechwarrior 5?

MBWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Edit: Ok, now that I got my breath back, let me add this. You're mad Ok, I don't agree with you, but you're entitled to your opinion or rage or whatever.

You, on the other hand, should maybe start wraping your head around the idea that a lot of players are fine with the game, tine with PGI and what they're doing. What they're not fine with, is yet another delay caused by folks who, whatever PGI does, just wont stop whining.

Remember, the CBill refund got blocked by whiners and crybabies. We could have had it all, rolling in the Blakes...

Edited by Frechdachs, 26 April 2017 - 08:27 PM.

#19 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

I don't care about refunds, I'm salty about how my bread and butter IS mechs are getting nerfed for no reason other than PGI needing me to spen skill points

#20 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 26 April 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

The refund is fine. The problem is them ******* balance for no good reason and the skill tree being a goddamn mess.

Balance will be upset? thats not a reason either. We are getting a shitload of new systems to mess with. EVERYTHING is gonna be constantly tweaked for months if not years. Change is good, it exposes weak systems. Spend or don't spend, I'll keep dropping ducats as long as I have fun; and I've been having fun for half a decade at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users