2 replies to this topic

#1 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

just do =a fan submission for either art, a story, a video... all must be in character/in-universe, and the best story, video, or art becomes the theme for a one day fw event, with lore based rewards, and corresponding rewards for art/stories that are submitted after he event starts that are are related to the theme of the event.

i really just think it would re-ignite the spirit in fw like the player based events do. i was talking to a buddy on a ts, and he he was saying how awesome the player events are because of the fan contributed lore that people posted, stories and art and videos and whatnot. reward us for doing that, and hopefully itll relight the spark of battletech inspired lore while we wait for 4.2 to come out.

#2 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:37 PM

View Postnaterist, on 26 April 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

just do =a fan submission for either art, a story, a video... all must be in character/in-universe, and the best story, video, or art becomes the theme for a one day fw event, with lore based rewards, and corresponding rewards for art/stories that are submitted after he event starts that are are related to the theme of the event.

i really just think it would re-ignite the spirit in fw like the player based events do. i was talking to a buddy on a ts, and he he was saying how awesome the player events are because of the fan contributed lore that people posted, stories and art and videos and whatnot. reward us for doing that, and hopefully itll relight the spark of battletech inspired lore while we wait for 4.2 to come out.

unfortunately, I think the only ones interested in stuff like this are loyalists like us. most players are just mercs who give two flying f's about anything. They even fight for Clans... WTF? When have Clans hired Mercenary forces?
And since 4.1 FW has become more dull than ever. before, we Liao used to hop TS, organizing groups and assaults, now nobody knows each other anymore. unifying the queue did good in terms of availability, but drove the remaining power out of loyalists. I can't even remember the last time, a member of 4TCR or TCAF contacted me to form a strike team for FW, but I must admit I haven't done that either.
Now 4.2 is being awaited for far too long, where are the IS vs. IS battles? where are the Loyalist Events we were promised?

#3 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

These lore based FP events would be greatly enhanced if PGI would turn on "stockmech mode" for the duration of the event. We have enjoyed stockmech mode in private matches, as it change the whole dynamic of the battlefield.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users