• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Same skill nodes
Same node layout
Same quirk nerf
Same engine decoupling
Same concerns (quirk nerf = IS nerf, engine decoupling = buff to clan top tier mechs(NTG) / nerf to IS top tier mechs(BLR))

What is there to test?

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 27 April 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Same skill nodes
Same node layout
Same quirk nerf
Same engine decoupling
Same concerns (quirk nerf = IS nerf, engine decoupling = buff to clan top tier mechs(NTG) / nerf to IS top tier mechs(BLR))

What is there to test?

The point of this is the refund mechanic, to ensure it's not screwing people like the old one.

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Some quirk nerfs are different, and there is more of them. Not that it matters to the testing environment.

What is there to test? Nothing as far as I can tell. The relevance of this PTS is in the mechlab so you may feel satisfied or slighted with the new refund mechanism. PGI addressed no other concerns as far as I can tell from this PTS to the last; so if you tested all your mechs to satisfaction before, there really is no reason to do it again on this PTS.

#4 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

It is screwing people, but not like the old one. This time they are screwing the people that purchased modules for all of their mechs instead of the people that didn't.

#5 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 27 April 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

The point of this is the refund mechanic, to ensure it's not screwing people like the old one.

Which is a really minor concern compared to the design and balance problems.

Even their solution to that minor issue is stupid as hell. All they had to do was fully compensate for modules in the form of cbills and mastery in the form of free mastery of those mechs. Instead they have this super weird idea of converting modules to a new skill pont currency.

Edited by Sjorpha, 27 April 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#6 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 27 April 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

Which is a really minor concern compared to the design and balance problems.

Even their solution to that minor issue is stupid as hell. All they had to do was fully compensate for modules in the form of cbills and mastery in the form of free mastery of those mechs. Instead they have this super weird idea of converting modules to a new skill pont currency.

Everything with PGI seems to need to be complicated. That way if it ends up being a stupid idea, it's complicated enough that your average joe can't explain specifically why it's stupid.

#7 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostMyc, on 27 April 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

It is screwing people, but not like the old one. This time they are screwing the people that purchased modules for all of their mechs instead of the people that didn't.

Ermmm, thats not quite true .
189 mechs, 100+ fully moduled, 50+ partially moduled, the rest is in the cocoon without any equipment at all .
The PTS gave me 44400 GSP, which equals 487 mechs fully noded .

#8 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

How? They'll still have fully mastered Mechs after, and sufficient gsp to level many more Mechs to come (CBILL savings yay!) How are they screwed?

#9 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

PGI has no interest in actually fixing the skill maze. This is personal now with them. The community rejected their glorious "vision" - a tangled web of false choices, gated "must have skills," and utter drek that comes from the worst pits of bad game design - so now we're going to suffer when they ram their "vision" down our throats. Clearly, it's our fault for not seeing the genius and care in their hand-crafted insanity maze. To them, grind is content, and quantity is the same as quality.

Don't expect things to get any better after the skill maze is spewed all over the game.

#10 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 27 April 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Everything with PGI seems to need to be complicated. That way if it ends up being a stupid idea, it's complicated enough that your average joe can't explain specifically why it's stupid.
yeah, they're big fans of needless complexity.

#11 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 27 April 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

How? They'll still have fully mastered Mechs after, and sufficient gsp to level many more Mechs to come (CBILL savings yay!) How are they screwed?

the way they have it set up the mastered mechs are 91 nodes plus there are extra for things like the modules, poilot skills, and the actual modules. currently you use a lot of gxp for cedrtain skills then buy the seperate module that you move from mech to mech. A new node is 800 XP and 48000 C bills.

#12 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostChound, on 27 April 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

the way they have it set up the mastered mechs are 91 nodes plus there are extra for things like the modules, poilot skills, and the actual modules. currently you use a lot of gxp for cedrtain skills then buy the seperate module that you move from mech to mech. A new node is 800 XP and 48000 C bills.

Yeah, I get that. So a player with 100 Mechs + 300 modules will basically never spend a dime speccing a mech again, as those modules will convert to a lot of GSP, and nodes bought with GSP don't require anything else. It'd cover hundreds more brand new Mechs.

#13 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

They said they were delaying it primarily to fix the compensation for progression, which they did (fools whining about receiving every 'Mech fully Mastered for the remainder of the games life notwithstanding).

#14 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 27 April 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Ermmm, thats not quite true .
189 mechs, 100+ fully moduled, 50+ partially moduled, the rest is in the cocoon without any equipment at all .
The PTS gave me 44400 GSP, which equals 487 mechs fully noded .

Thats the xp part - u still have to pay the cbills for the nodes.

#15 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostCara Carcass, on 28 April 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

if you have a mastered mech, then you can spend all 91 points you will get for each mech without any cost in c bills. Mastered mechs will get 91 historical skill points which can be converted directly to skill points which you can use to buy nodes.... they require no c bill expenditure.... I play on the PTS and mastered several mechs and spent a total of 0 c bills

Edited by Slambot, 28 April 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#16 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

+1
Now it is our duty to cry as hard as the cheapskates did!!!!

#17 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostCara Carcass, on 28 April 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Not with GSP and HSP. Those just give you straight node unlocks.

#18 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostSlambot, on 28 April 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

if you have a mastered mech, then you can spend all 91 points you will get for each mech without any cost in c bills. Mastered mechs will get 91 historical skill points which can be converted directly to skill points which you can use to buy nodes.... they require no c bill expenditure.... I play on the PTS and mastered several mechs and spent a total of 0 c bills

And what do i do with the XP i already have on that mech - if i want top use that, i cannot do that because i dont have the C-Bills. Its simply takeing effort i put in this game away. Sure i coudl level mechs till infinity with the SP i get from teh modules - but i cant change an engine cant do **** - it would be better to sell those modules for half value before pts come to the live servers. I dont want those GSP - i want the cbills i paid back.

View PostSmokedJag, on 28 April 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Not with GSP and HSP. Those just give you straight node unlocks.

NOPE u still have to pay C-Bills when useing HSP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users