Pgi Give Players The Choice

5 replies to this topic

#1 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

Given the way things are shaking out, I think you're alienating a significant portion of the player base with the current reimbursement plan. I for one, think it's fine and frankly, generous and while I disagree with those that dislike it because I think the can indeed utilize the options they have available to them to come out ahead in the long run, I understand their concerns.

We all know the issues by now....c-bill refunds vice GSP. You've attempted to accommodate part of that crowd with the December refund date, but for some folks it's not fair enough.

So perhaps before the patch goes live, give people the choice between two options:

1) the current reimbursement model offered in PTS2 (GSP for pre-december modules, 100% c-bills for post December modules)

2) no GSP at all, 100% c-bill reimbursement for all modules.

Will appease both crowds, cost you nothing and will allow us to focus on the balance issues the Skill tree, dequirkening, engine de-synching etc that the new system brings to the table.

#2 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

If they flipped it to C-bills for modules Pre-December, and GSP for modules Post-December, I would be 100% fine with it.

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

I simply do not care how they reimburse me, just so long as they do it. I was fine with before, I'm fine with now.

That being said, I think the easiest route to take would be to have a GSP-to-C-bill converter similar to the MXP-to-GXP converter. That way, players get to choose whether they want the GSP or the C-bills. Done. The end.

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

These are all variations of the above so yea, give players the choice on how to he reimbursed.

#5 Ockish

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

I would be content to be able to sell my modules back at 100% between now and the go live date for the skill change. This is simple and they can leave the skill change plan in place and anyone who wants GSP or GXP or whatever the heck can get all they want.

The refund for modules after a certain date is worse than useless, I don't know how to separate the modules that were and were not bought after the date.

As a consequence I will have to sell them all at half price knowing I could have got full price for some if there were a way to separate them out.

Edited by Ockish, 30 April 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#6 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

PGI has been working hard since day 1 to ensure players don't end up with too many C-Bills. Heaven knows why, since there is no player trading/exchange and C-Bills can't be converted to any other useful game currency. Lots of C-Bills just means you need to buy more Mechbays so you can buy more Mechs so you can buy more Endo/XL/weapon upgrades for them. (Although I guess it used to mean you could buy more modules too.)

At any rate, a GSP conversion option would be very easy to code. Even if it ran at a discount (say 1 GSP converts to 400 GXP and 30,000 C-Bills) it would be useful.

The most GSP I've seen people mention they will get back is in the 7,000 to 9,000 GSP range (I'm sure there are higher, just can't recall any). So a very few people in game would be able to convert excess GSP into something like 3 million GXP and 250 million or so C-Bills. That's a workable and decent amount to get back, and each player could adjust to his/her needs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users