Install Location?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

Hello all,

Just installed a new SSD.

Before installation I copied the MWO folder onto my HDD storage drives.

I can’t remember where the folder was located originally, does it matter where I place the folder? If so, where is the best place lol

Trying to avoid downloaded entire client agian…

Edited by DTF Kev, 27 April 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

usualy it would install to c:\program files (x86)\piranha games\Mechwarrior online (if it is a 32bit windows program files will not have the (x86) on the end)

however if you download the mwo portal I am pretty sure you can chose the install location.

#3 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:41 AM

The game has files in it's own directory as well as your user directory, just like most other games. The user directory contains weapon groupings and settings.

Besides shortcuts to launch the game, it doesn't seem to have any refenrences to the directory it's installed. So you can drop it anywhere you like. I would drop it into \games\ directory with the rest of games. Makes OS changes easier.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 28 April 2017 - 05:42 AM.

#4 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

Hello, ... You're lucky I ran across your thread. I've had installation problems myself, and there is a needed Registry Key Set that MWO's launcher (possibly more) actively requires in order to function. First, place the directory for MWO literally wherever you wish on your disk. After that, make sure that the MWO directory structure has "Full Control" permissions for "Everyone", so that there's never an issue with UAC unless you're calling up the Repair Tool (unless you don't mind having that annoy you on every single freaking launch). Then, use the instructions at "Launcher Not Launching, Strange Task Manager Behavior" @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/215633-launcher-not-launching-strange-task-manager-behavior/page__view__findpost__p__4925576 in order to inform MWO of where it exists, or you won't be able to make the launcher function. Like I had to alert NoMoreCenturions over in "Mwo Patcher Help" @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/247932-mwo-patcher-help/page__view__findpost__p__5676824, not having those Critical Registry Keys will cause MWO's Launcher to get lost in a never-ending loop. What I forgot to tell them was that MWO's Launcher will also still cough up UAC prompts for that issue as well. After you have all of that fixed up and ready to go, have fun out on the battlefield! B)

~Mr. D. V. "I learned about this issue the freakishly hard way." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users