The Real Issue With Gsp Refund

3 replies to this topic

#1 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

So on first sight the refund system looks okay, but then when you get around actually calculating around your personal stats etc big issues arise.
So here's my issue.
I have been playing this game since roughly three years now. To be precise, I have been a member for 1132 days over this time I have owned and played 173 individual Mechs (not included are multiple duplicates of one Mech e.g. WHM-6R currently 2 in my Dropdeck).
I bought a great deal of mechs with real cash and spent my in game currency mostly on modules and equipment. I will be getting a GSP refund worth of 21.934, which translates to 241 Mechs @91 SP each.
I currently own 136 Mech bays of which 135 are occupied. most of these 135 Mechs are already "mastered" and will receive enough HSP to reskill them.
My days to mech-purchase ratio lies at one new Mech every 6.5 days.
lets make that one new mech every week.
that's 241 weeks or 4.6 years ...
4.6 YEARS! given that everything has a lifespan, even computer games, especially MMOs with no single player content...
Let's be realistic here for a moment, as much as I love this game, I don't see it powerful enough to hold the population, yet myself for the next 4.6 years. I wish it would, I love it, I want it to be a success... however, with the new tech coming out, we will be needing c-bills.
I am most likely not going to increase my mech shopping spree because playing a new mech every week is a task enough.
No need to worry here, that little billion or two I'd be getting back from modules will be gone in no time, think of all the engines and equipment and the respecs etc....
just give us all 91HSP for every mastered mech, and refund the modules in cash.
problem solved ... skill tree can go live

#2 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

Quite my problem as well, getting 46000(!) GSP, owning roughly 190 mechs of which most are mastered with enough do left to unlock everything else on them.. technically I can insta master the next 600 mechs I buy

#3 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

The problem is and always will be: Ive spent over 600 Million Cbills on modules for a refund of 48K.... You What Kent!!!!

And what is GXP for now?

This is such an easy system to bring in but again clap clap PGI for the train wreak.

Just refund everyone all the XP and cbills they have spent, allow the use of XP(or/and cbills) to unlock the new skill tree... how hard is it????

Edited by G SE7EN7, 28 April 2017 - 03:16 AM.

#4 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

Just to consider:
241 weeks, 1 mech a week.
requires:
1 Mechbay/per week + average of 12.000.000 C-Bills (Mech+Tech+Upgrades)
at an average income of 150.000C-Bills with an average of 15min per match(incl. searching, and tweaking) you are looking at 20h grind a week. Thats the equivalent of a part-time job. plus 4 mechbays cost you 7$/month
thats a total of 4820h of pure grind just to get 241 mechs done in 4.6 years (see OP) or 200days 24/7 non-stop. plus 421$ for buying mechs.

Can't we just have our invested C-Bills back?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users