5 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

Well, I did the LRM test with and without all missile skill nodes and there was no obvious difference in damage using 3x Clan ALRM-15 on Testing Grounds. Maybe Clan LRMs are just too weak to benefit from Skills. At the same time I know lasers will be beaucoup after Skilling.

I am sure the Skilled LRMs are doing more damage, it just doesn't make a noticable difference and sometimes takes more missiles to destroy a mech (Jenner).

Been waiting an hour on Test to test them out in a match, but no one here.

#2 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Velocity, cooldown, additional ammo, additional crit damage, and tighter spread are the only skills I can think of that would impact LRM damage.

From what I saw the cooldown and tighter spread are very minor improvements which would only have a noticeable effect in a long match. Velocity would let you hit targets you wouldn't normally be able to hit, crit damage might get a slightly faster kill if it popped an engine.

All in all you wouldn't really see much of a change until you've launched around 1000 missiles in a match and even that will be diluted by your hit percent.

#3 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostRuar, on 28 April 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

Velocity, cooldown, additional ammo,additional crit damage and tighter spread are the only skills I can think of that would impact LRM damage.

From what I saw the cool-down and tighter spread are very minor improvements which would only have a noticeable effect in a long match. Velocity would let you hit targets you wouldn't normally be able to hit,
All in all you wouldn't really see much of a change until you've launched around 1000 missiles in a match and even that will be diluted by your hit percent.

additional crit damage?
I do not see that skill does it perhaps have a different name?
I see a high explosive skill tagged for missiles is that it?

Anyway as missiles have code tags that stop them critting lots of stuff it looks like the Tardis like extra ammo storage is the way to go.

Does testing grounds work correctly under the PTS?I didn't see it listed under the notes just Quick Play and Faction

Edited by testhero, 28 April 2017 - 02:04 PM.

#4 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

Yes, the Testing Grounds do function.

Also, there aren't any skills that buff damage for weapons. There are a few that can buff crits, but crits are based on chance cubes, so there's really no guarantee that you'll see an increase in your damage.

Since the OP is practicing on the Testing Grounds, he wouldn't notice any real difference. The true differences would appear in game when your faster velocity allows you to hit targets before they can get into cover while your higher ammo capacity keeps you from running dry before the end of match.

Etc.

#5 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

View Posttesthero, on 28 April 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

additional crit damage?
I do not see that skill does it perhaps have a different name?
I see a high explosive skill tagged for missiles is that it?

Anyway as missiles have code tags that stop them critting lots of stuff it looks like the Tardis like extra ammo storage is the way to go.

Does testing grounds work correctly under the PTS?I didn't see it listed under the notes just Quick Play and Faction

Yes, high explosive buffs crit damage if I recall it correctly.

#6 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Tighter Spread, High Explosive, should have an impact similar to TAG on a motionless target. It's negligible and for 30 or so nodes it should have a greater effect. Now you are left to wonder if it's worth that much investment. Probably not, but it's a choice. Still if you invested that much in Lasers, LBX, SRM you would see definite improvement, so it was worth the critique. Kind of a disappointment though since I thought the new Skill Tree might restore my Mad Dog Prime to play-ability. It was a competitive mech until January 2015's LRM nerf.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users