What Do These Skills Do?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

While I was looking into the skill tree trying to gauge how it would impact our current setup, I ran across some skills that I don't understand just how they work in Skill Tree 2.

I am comfortable with the skills in Auxiliary/Consumables, Survival/Armor, and Firepower. I notice most weapon systems have 'specific' skill nodes (UAC Jam, LBX Spread, Missile Spread etc) except for PPCs. PPCs are only affected by generic Range, Velocity, Cooldown and Heat Gen skills. Regardless it seemed pretty clear.

For the JumpJet tree, I am assuming that without using any of these skills, JJs will function as they do now. In which case skills from the JJ tree basically just add to JJ performance. If this is wrong please correct me.

In Mobility tree I am uncertain what Arm Pitch does. Arms currently go up and down, and Arm Reflex (supposedly) makes them move faster side-to-side or up-down. I haven't noticed much limit on my arm up/down arc. What does Arm Pitch do? What speed do arms move at? 5 nodes at 6% each makes a 30% bonus in something, but what?

In Operations tree, I see Speed Retention for legged mechs. Currently legged mechs move at 50% up to a 50kph max (I think, it may have been 40% or 40kph at some point). 3 nodes at 10% mean what? Do I move at 30% speed? Do I get bonus of 30% on top of the 50%? If I take none, what speed do I move when legged?

Hill Climb and Improved Gyros are similar. If I take zero Hill Climb, what does that do to my mech? 3 nodes at 5% each. Improved Gyros is 4 nodes at -17.5% cockpit shake each. I am guessing that means if I take none, I get full shake, take 4, I get -70% less shake. Again please correct me if this is wrong.

In Sensors tree I have Target Retention, 2 nodes of +200 each. I know what the current Retention module does but am unsure what +200 or +400 to it would mean. Seismic Sensors has 2 nodes of +100. Is that metres? Percent? Finally Target Decay has 5 nodes of +0.7 each. If that is 'seconds' that makes 3.5 seconds a mech stays lit after it leaves LOS. Is that correct? Seems a lot.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone who had the chance to test these could enlighten me as to the details. Or if there is a link clarifying their function (I did google all these first) that would be excellent. Thanks for any info!

#2 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

In general the nodes replicate the existing modules, especially in the case of special modules. So mroe or less taking all the nodes for a specific skill type will be the same or similar to what you can get right now with equipping that module. Target retention and seismic is meters for example, which is the same distances they are currently I think.

#3 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

Ah, thank you ForceUser, I rarely use modules and certainly not the oddball ones, so hadn't thought to go make a direct comparison. A quick look at Current Modules vs New Skill Tree shows:

Module___________Current Value______New Skill Tree
Target Retention.......200m.........................2 x 200m for 400 total
Target Decay............3.5 seconds...............5 x 0.7 seconds, 3.5s total
Seismic Sensors.......250m.........................2 x 100m for 200m total

UAV Duration...........+15 sec......................+10 sec
UAV Range..............+25%..........................2 x 20%,+40% total
Adv. Sensor Range..+25%..........................5 x 3%, +15% total
Target Info. Gather...+25%..........................5 x 3%, +15% total

Speed Retention.......30%...........................3 x 10%, 30% total
Hill Climb...................10%...........................3 x 5%, 15% total
Improved Gyros........-not stated-................4 x -17.5%, -70% total

Arm Reflex................2.5 / 5%.....................Arm Pitch, 5 x 6%, total of 'I still have no idea'
Cool Run...................7.5 / 15%...................5 x 2%, 10% total
Heat Containment.....10 / 20%....................5 x 3%, 15% total

Shock Absorbance...35/30/25/20%............5 x 10%, 50% total no longer dependent on weight class

Cooldown.................12% + 5% Fast Fire...11 x 0.9%, maximum 9.9% for all weapons vs base 5% +12% per module
Range......................10%............................10 x 1.5%, 15% total range bonus for all weapon types
NARC Speed/Duration..20% / 30%............2 x 5%, total +10% speed, +10% duration

Advanced Zoom.......4.4X mag...................4X mag

Note: I don't own/use all of these modules, and I may have missed something on the new Skill Tree, so feel free to point out any errors. Also, getting the 'max' value under Skill Tree 2 may require taking 2-11 nodes, however you can likely take more 'partial' functions than you can with current modules.

Nerfs_____________Buffs (Potential)____Unchanged
Seismic Sensors.......Target Retention.......Target Decay
Cooldown..................Hill Climb...................Speed Retention
Cool Run...................UAV Range...............
Heat Containment.....Weapon Range.........
Sensor Range...........Shock Absorbance....
UAV Duration............
Target Info Gather.....
NARC Speed/Duration
Advanced Zoom........

This isn't a comparison of all functions, just the ones that caught my eye during testing.

Edited by MadBadger, 29 April 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#4 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for swinging the mathhammer.
I had not noticed all the hidden debuffs yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users