Skill Point Templates, Please!

2 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

PGI please allow us to make Skill Point Templates. I would like to make templates based upon the roles mechs are configured to and Pilots trained for. The Battletech books kept alluding to several Lance Roles and these could be used to start defining useful of skill point templates.

I would like to define Skill Point Set up such as: "Scout Light" (General purpose light), "Screening (Anti-light) Light, Harasser Light, Sensor/ECM Light (dedicated C4 sensor/Jammer setups), etc...

Mediums would take on rolls such as Attack, Screening, Harasser, Fire Support, Ambush/Sniper etc.

Heavy Template's could be... Attack, Line Defense, Command, Fire Support, and Close support.

Assaults; Assault, Line Defense, Command, Fire Support, and Close Support.

One could further define Skill Point setup with caveats such as: Primary Gun, Laser, or Missile and even add secondary caveats like, "Attack Heavy-PriGun-SecLaser" to the mix.

This game option would greatly alleviate much of our Skill point allocation drudgery and leave us to enjoy the new game. Thanks....

#2 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

There's two alternatives to this: A one click fill all nodes button for every tree and a Community/PGI made template, specifically aimed at new players and in particular trial mechs like there is currently for trial mech builds.

The first option would be extremely easy and fast to implement and I would say it's absolutely required before this goes live.

#3 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostForceUser, on 30 April 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

There's two alternatives to this: A one click fill all nodes button for every tree and a Community/PGI made template, specifically aimed at new players and in particular trial mechs like there is currently for trial mech builds.

The first option would be extremely easy and fast to implement and I would say it's absolutely required before this goes live.

This is PGI. The Pinpoint skill, which has done nothing for 4 years or more, is only now being replaced as part of this dumpster fire of a skill maze.

Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users