7 replies to this topic

#1 Morrey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 108 posts
  • LocationRecruiting: rtguard.guildlaunch.com

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Will we get Skill Points for mechs we have sold or should I buy them back?

Confused....Posted Image

#2 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

On a related note, I'd like to understand how the conversion (HSP?) factor works for mechs that are not mastered, but are only partially skilled up (at any level).

#3 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

All progress, regardless if a mech is owned, sold or a trial mech WILL transfer over to the new system. I tested it pretty thoroughly on the pts server.

Exact HSP depends on how many skills have been unlocked in the old tree. I think every skill unlocked = a set number of HSP, up to a total of 91 × number of duplicate mechs owned.

#4 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

@Insanity09:
I didn't get a lot of time in the PTS2 to compare partially-skilled current mechs to refunded XP/SP in the new system. That said, it looked like this to me:

You got GSP (general SP spendable on any mech any time) for modules purchased before Dec.2016.
You got HSP for a mech variant based on the maximum skill tier you have unlocked, ie., Basic, Elite or Master. It was 91 HSP for Mastered, I think 52 for Elited, and something low-ish for Basic (I only looked at one of those and can't recall the number). For each variant that you own when the tree goes live, you get that many HSP. (So if you own two Mastered JR7-Ds you get 182 HSP for the JR7-D variant)

For EXP on a mech, the PTS2 notes said you get HXP for all exp earned on the mech, 'spent or unspent'. I didn't compare any of those numbers to my current mechs, but presumably that is a pool of XP you can use for future SP purchases or respecs (respecs are 400 XP per node).

(Note: ForceUser thinks you get HSP for each skill unlocked and I only recall seeing numbers for each tier... that said I may not have looked at any mechs that had a few skills unlocked but not the whole tier. Now that I think of it I may not even have any mechs with a partial tier unlocked. So his data may be more accurate than mine.)

Edited by MadBadger, 04 May 2017 - 06:07 AM.

#5 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Ty Forceuser and MadBadger.
I do hope that is the way it works. I know that on my Phoenix Hawk, fully basic'd with 80k excess xp (I only have the one variant), I got 23 HSP. I neglected to do the conversion on any of my other basic'd mechs, so I'm not sure if that was standard or not.

Edited by Insanity09, 04 May 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#6 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

I believe the image they took for the pts was a couple of weeks old at that time. this means any mechs you mastered only recently might not be in a completely mastered state in the pts. If you mastered the mechs a long time ago then it was definitively a bug. I saw the same thing with my vipers that i only recently started working on at the time of the PTS.

#7 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

So has this been confirmed? Let me give you an example:

Suppose I have Mech A, for which I have earned 157,250 experience. I used 57,250 of that experience to fully master it, and then sold it. The rest of the experience remains unused. What will happen in this case?

Will I get 91 HSP and 100,000 HXP, as if I still owned the variant? I want some clarity on this, because according to the notes, what you get is "multiplied" by the amount of mechs of that variant that you own. Well, if you multiply by zero, then you get zero. So is a multiplier of 1 actually the default base value?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users