4 replies to this topic

#1 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Update: Thanks to 07, Bacon.

I enjoyed the drops tonight after I got some mechlab warfare done. I felt rusty, but hopefully I carried enough weight to help while getting back in the swing of things.

Next step is calling an exterminator about this microphone bug I've got.

Hey folks, I'll be free to realign contracts this evening, and I'd like to know if any Clan "contracted warrriors," (okay, mercs), or Wolf/Jag/Bear loyalist units are willing to toss me a unit invite for the duration of Tukayyid Trey.

I think I'd like to pitch in with a unit for our mutual benefit over the course of the event if someone's willing to have a competent casual on board for at least the next 10 days. FP events are better with a group anyway, so why not pool success?

My part-time job will affect playtime this weekend, but I'll be available PDT in the evenings after work for the rest of the event, and for most of the closing weekend. Unfortunately, I've got a glitchy mic (50/50 chance of it working on a good day), but I can listen and follow orders just fine.

I'm still in the process of grinding rank 2 and 6 mechbays for all the factions. I've got rank 9 in CJF from before the 25% penalty was a thing, but I haven't got a single loyalty point as a merc or Wolf/Jag/Bear. I'd prefer to grind the other factions before deciding where to settle in long-term.

I'm perfectly willing to cover the cost of my recruitment invite ticket, since I'm not necessarily going to stick around past the event (though I may boomerang back after I've got my mechbays if we have a great time).

I own most ClanTech chassis (especially the first 3 waves), so I can match most team drop deck strats. I'm very comfortable in Hellbringers.

If nobody's game, no offense taken Posted Image

Edited by Virlutris, 05 May 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#2 FrostyBurn

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

R79T is always recruiting even though we currently have 130+ members. But we wont do it for a single event. If you want to drop with cool guys that mix easy going with comp then you can commit long term with us.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

If you need just a home for the event and cant find someone else I can unvite you later to my rather one person unit at clan wolf, we will just hop into some other clanners ts, theres plenty of them usually active.

Edited by Lily from animove, 05 May 2017 - 12:09 AM.

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

We (07 aka Bacon) are the top ranked CSJ loyalist unit, are active and are recruiting. I will message you some more details.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 05 May 2017 - 06:06 AM.

#5 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:16 AM

Thanks for dropping by folks :)

I'm looking at it like this:

Sure, I can do the event without tags, hopping around Clanner TS3 and Discord servers, and hopping into those groups I find for the awesomeness that is coordinated group play.

I look at the team elements/options for the challenge, and I think "I could help someone do that united challenge, and I could contribute to someone's win count."

Granted, teams that care about the win count, and placing high in their faction, are going to have no problem with the unified challenge. For them though, every win is going to count, so why not pool mine in there?

Even if a team is relatively small, and won't be fielding more than a handful of folks for whatever reason, that united challenge automatically becomes easier with 3 or more people playing steadily under the same tags (33,334 xp each for 3, on average; 25k for 4; 20k for 5, etc.) instead of solitary (45,000 xp, period).

My numbers would help even a small and moderately active unit a bunch for that. Why not speak up and give someone the chance to make life easier and benefit from a grind I'm doing anyway?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users