The Stormcrow

16 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

So I had a lot of fun playing the Stormcrow recently. I'd like veteran players thoughts on builds. What has worked best for me is the short range energy/missile builds:

SCR-D 5xSPL, 3xSRM4A
SCR-PRIME 5xERSL, 3xSRM6A

Those have both been quite beastly and sustainable brawlers for me. I got the Lacerator for kicks and want to try and diversify with something capable of laying out damage beyond 300 meters. What kind of builds do you guys roll with for the Lacerator, or any other Stormcrow chassis for mid-range work?

Or post, in general, your favorite Stormcrow builds that either worked for you or that you found to be a lot of fun. Since I've done the mixed missile/energy close range brawler I'm interested in either pure energy or mixed ballistic/energy builds (any range or role).

Seems like you could make a pretty ridiculous LRM boat out of this thing too!
Lurmcrow to the max

EDIT!

Tweaked the ERSL/SRM6A loadout (it needed more ammo):
SCR-A ERSL and SRM brawler
Radar Deprivation, Seismic Sensor, Cool Shot, UAV, SRM6 cooldown = a fun time!

Edited by ShooterMcGavin80, 09 May 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#2 yuujiroassistant

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5110fa83595c820

The god tier midrange skirmisher. This eats through armour like butter, stays cool even inside the caldera, and is speedy enough to gtfo tight spots. It gets a standing ovation from me for being the second most fun midrange mech to play period, second to the enforcer 4r.

Your weapon groups are 1 alpha, 1 for arms. You have such low back armour because you are never to face away from the enemy, and you have the world's supply of heatsinks to make sure the enemy wishes you never faced them. Good Luck!

#3 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:40 AM

Ahhh, StronkCrows :)

Good builds, good mech, good fun to be had with that .

For stupid days : SCR 2ERPPC+MPL (alt: 2cLPL+MPL)

#4 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostSUCTION, on 14 May 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

Freakin' cool man. I was looking at something similar:
SCR-Prime 5xMPL wubwub
Sacrifices 1 MPL for more heat endurance.

So many Stormcrows so little time...

#5 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:55 AM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 15 May 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

Freakin' cool man. I was looking at something similar:
SCR-Prime 5xMPL wubwub
Sacrifices 1 MPL for more heat endurance.

So many Stormcrows so little time...

I stand corrected - 6xMPL is I think definitely the way to go. Heat management isn't that bad.

#6 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:45 AM

The Streakcrow is still effective, but you need to add in TAG and an Active Probe to counter the increased use of ECM.

#7 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

Latest stormcrow laser build I've been having fun with:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9a55c808040bc2a

2xERLL, 4xERML. 2 cool shots and an artillery strike.

The 6xMPL build is good, but it lacks the long range harassment ability. I like the 2 ERLL's and 4 ERML's, you can crack a decent laser burn at range. It does get hot but not too unmanageable. Fire group 1: 2 ERLL's, Firegroup 2: 4 ERML's, FG3: chainfire the ERLL's.

#8 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

So no one likes running with the ballistic arm?

#9 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostInfinityBall, on 29 August 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

So no one likes running with the ballistic arm?

UAC20+4ERML or LBX20 + some SRM's are fun, but stormcrow is a bit too fragile for either and the arm is frustratingly low.

#10 Davinelulinvega

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCorridan IV

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

Gauss and 3x HML works best for me. Sneak up and aim well for best results.

Also for some reson I don't do bad in a UAC10 + 6x ErML build.

#11 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

My most reliable build is 1LPL/ERLL with 6 ERMLs. It has enough alfa strike that you can trade at mid range (~500m optimal), it has 1 weapon that can harass past 800m, and it has enough heatsinks to sustain the vast majority of combat, solong as the enemy isnt so aggressive that your team desintegrates in the first 3 minutes. Ive tried brawling, but there are too many situations where you just cannot engage because the map or team position doesnt allow it, and the above build can remain viable throughout the entire game unlike dedicated short range crows. If you really want to you can even do 2 ERLL and 6 ERML, but that is insanely hot running and you can at best get 1 alfa off before repo time.

#12 Keggor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

I still love the streakcrow. 3 streak 6 in the chest and 2 atm 6's in the arms...... great hunter killer.

#13 Keggor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

If your opening volley works you have a 72 damage opener

#14 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Personally my 2 best builds have to be either 6ERML+1LPL or 6ERML+1ERLL. Both of these have respectable alfa strike (for a medium), workable sustained firepower as the ERLL/LPL is 100% heat neutral (heat actually drops if you only use it), and the heat drops decently fast on any map but terra therma or similar. Pretty much the only difference is that ERLL model gets 1 more HS and a TC-1 added, but is otherwise identical in role aside from teh ability to annoy the crap out of people at 1,5km or so (its very low dmg, but its always something). Its not very original, nor imaginative, but it plain and simply works in 90% of games (only time ur screwed is if the enemy pushes so fast your lack of sustained DPS gets the better of you).

I wanted to like the model with 1 gauss and 5-6 ERMLs, but its insanely hot, and notorious for loosing the arm mounted gauss. If there was a ST gauss option, id so run that over the pure laser boat, but its just too risky to have a gauss rifle in a arm thats only protected by 36 armor (anything that hits that arm is 90% guaranteed to destroy the gauss, given most mechs have 50+ alfa strike).

#15 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 07 May 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

Seems like you could make a pretty ridiculous LRM boat out of this thing too!
Lurmcrow to the max

I've been having some fun in QP with the following build:

SCR-D
3x A-LRM15 (torsos)
5x ER-SML (arms and head - alternatively: TAG in head)
season with armour and ammo to taste (I have full armour and ~6t ammo on mine)

#16 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

The only thing ive been able to get consistent results that isnt a brawler is combining ERMLs with ERLL or LPL. It has great sustain and alfa strike, with my most reliable build probably being 1 LPL+5ERML, 47 alfa, 22DHS, no real issues. Alternatively, 1ERLL+6ERML, more alfa at 53, a TC-1, and same DHS but cooks alot more often.

The crow cant really do much more then lasers and missiles though. It lacks tonnage for ballistics of any sort, and even the lacerator has at best 2 hardpoints, which is fairly limited in what it can do. Stick to either all missiles (streak30, SRM30A, ATMs), or lasers (everything from ERLL to MPL works).

#17 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:54 PM

View PostExilyth, on 17 March 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

I've been having some fun in QP with the following build:

SCR-D
3x A-LRM15 (torsos)
5x ER-SML (arms and head - alternatively: TAG in head)
season with armour and ammo to taste (I have full armour and ~6t ammo on mine)

Back when I played FP your Stormcrow build I would have termed a Breacher. I would have used it to open gates and as mobile fire support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users