Reconsider "skill' Tree Name

3 replies to this topic

#1 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Please consider "Module tree". I've seen references to modules in the books. It makes more sense. Skill tree is misleading and confusing. The idea that you're hardwiring modules to change the performance of equipment and the mech itself is far more logical. And besides the playerbase is familiar with the term.

#2 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

I don't have issue with the name simply cause its common pbrasing in video games these days.

However, I agree PGI coukd take this opportunity and name it something more Mechwarrior related. I won't go modules simply cause of the past use in MWO. People might expect it to work similiar to the last system of modules.

Possiable other options:
Mech Efficiencies
Mechanic Tweeks
Mech upgrades (not a fan of this one)
Mech Perks ( goes nicely with Mech quirks)
Component Specializations

Edited by Dracol, 08 May 2017 - 06:19 PM.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

I see your point. It does bring out the idea that individual mechs have been modified (possibly many times) by technicians unique tweaks down the years. So its more than skill, its also custom work.

#4 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Heck call it the "Mech Enhancement Web", since most of the so-called trees are not tree-like, and the bonuses you get are all called "enhancements".
Skill is inappropriate. Tree is inappropriate.
All this is a minor quibble, to be sure, but I'd think a name change would be quick and easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users