Pimp My Drop Deck

16 replies to this topic

#1 singh44s

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

My merc unit will probably switch over to clans after the Turkeyshoot3 event Posted Image, and I've been trying to theorydraft a clan deck (or 2) for that eventuality. I also have an event mechbay I can use up to fill any gaps in my stable.

My current stable. Not much, I admit, but it's what I've got to work with, and the combo is under the 240t limit:
KDK3 2uac10+2uac5
MDD 6streak4+2erml+captag
ACH 6spl+ecm
ACH 2erll+ecm

The purchase-required ideas I've considered include:
KDK/TBR/ACH/ACH
KDK/50t/MDD/ACH (50t: HNT/HBKiic/NVA)

So, based on where I'm starting from, any advice?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

KDK/50t/MDD/ACH (50t: HNT/HBKiic/NVA)

for your current dropdeck.it better to have 3 pretty heavy mech and 1 light. Kodiak good but with 240 tonnage ou betteing alot on that kodiak it better to have spread of tonnage on the 3 mechs.

After your first dropdeck you might wanna add 2 x ebj or hellbringer laserboat for a second dropdeck personally i find more well rounded dropdeck over a kodiak.

2x ebj/hell, 1 x maddog, 1 x hunchy 2c

#3 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:08 AM

If you find the LRMs intolerable, might I suggest 3xHBR and ShadowCat... all ECM all built to snipe

#4 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

IF that is all you have to work with (as those above mention, heavies are more efficient with tonnage where it's at) and you are truly committed to that KDK-3 I will add my 2 cents...(everyone will have different opinions...so do what works for you).

Wave 1: KDK-3......you really need to do around 1k damage to make it worth it....so it's risky...but if you are committed to it....dakka still works fine, some swear by quad lbx10's...so it's a matter of taste.
Wave 2: Splat Dog for wanting brawl (and Siege attack) or 2xuac10 2 erML hunchie for mid range (or Siege defense)
Wave 3: on defense it's a good place to drop your hybrid streak-dog (although I wouldn't use exactly your loadout personally). If you are brawling (or on attack) a splat or hybrid Huntsman works here (or a spl nova)
Wave 4: spl ACH

So...in general.
1. Dakka KDK, splat dog, splat Huntsman, spl ACH (When attacking or looking to brawl)
2. Dakka KDK, uac HBK IIC, streak-dog, spl ACH (defending or mid-range)

Again, This is overly simplistic and I might swap some depending on the map....and yet again would encourage more 65 tonners and having Night Gyrs at the ready....but if this is really what you have, it can work fine.

#5 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

KDK is a big tonnage commitment. I'll occasionally bring it for Emerald or Grim Portico defense, but otherwise I'm wary of gimping the rest of my dropdeck. The MAD IIC seems to occupy a sweet spot for a first wave Clan assault. I run Mad IIC, Night Gyr, Hunchy/Huntsman, ACH on most maps. I can also run with Mad IIC, Ebon Jag, Mad Dog, ACH.

Also, dump the ERLL Cheetah. Rarely will a third or fourth wave need that kind of range out of a light.

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

As Kuber said, MAD-IIC is great value for tonnage. Through this event I have been leveling 2 Mad-IICs and pairing them with either 2 JR7-IICs or ACHs.

But more generally I run EBJ+TBR+HBR+JR7 or ACH.

Edited by Appogee, 09 May 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#7 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

Supposing this is your first/only account (don't want to assume)... you've been playing about 6 months so you are still pretty new but not necessarily a "noob" so consider purchases that line up to your skill level...

The 2xACH/MAD drop deck might be the ticket even if it is under weight. Even after the skill tree comes out having only 2 chassis to level might be nice as you'll have some common traits.

Also, consider that if you do 2 ACH, the MAD IIc-D you will have ECM on 2 out of your 3 mechs. Granted, some would argue your offensive output might be slightly less than with some other mechs/builds but ECM gives you some protection *and* in some cases make you are lower priority target than something easily targeted (though some would argue against good players it could potentially be the opposite).

The Jenner IIc and IIc-A can be *much* more potent (and faster) lights if that floats your boat. They can both have decent loadouts plus XL315 engines making them as fast/faster than anything other than locust/Commando/Spiders with more offense.

I will agree that the MAD IIc are a good weight for FP right now.

#8 singh44s

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 09 May 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

The 2xACH/MAD drop deck might be the ticket even if it is under weight. Even after the skill tree comes out having only 2 chassis to level might be nice as you'll have some common traits.

I don't know if a LOL is appropriate here, but I do have a few Mad Cat MKII's on their way. Whatever I pick up next week ought to be fully mastered by then. In that light, should I really pile on with more assaults? Also, if they work well in FW, 2 MC2's could fit into a drop deck with the 2 ACH, no?

Based on the feedback so far, it sounds like I should (eventually) drop the KDK to free up tonnage for bumping up the slot taken up by the 2nd ACH. In that scenario, I could swap in new purchases over time thusly:

220/240t - KDK / MDD / ACH / ACH
230/240t - KDK / SMN / ACH / ACH
235/240t - 75t / SMN / MDD / ACH (75t: TBR / NTG)
240/240t - 75t / SMN / 65t / ACH (65t: HBR / EBJ / LBK)

Too convoluted?

#9 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

Anyone that drops a KDK3 in FP does not understand the sandbagging they are causing their team.
Do NOT load a deck that front heavy as Clan. You will lose the tonnage war by wave 4, this is the thing the sooking clanners I keep seeing, do not understand.

If you are not capable of doing 500dmg in each light (1k total) then, don't drop one. Because if the first wave you get rushed your 100T KDK has just cost the team, literally, an additional 40T loss.

EBJ or HBR + MDD + Med

Or

2 x EBJ/HBR and 2 Med.

That is how you do it @ 240T vs 265T

I saw 3 KDK3 last night in a few drops on Taiga where most fights are brawl range. These fools pushed / jammed UAC and died in 2 seconds doing no more than 200dmg. Totally useless to their team.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 09 May 2017 - 10:34 PM.

#10 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

Not sure about summoner currently it a good mech but on the PTS server with skill tree it lost alot of quircks.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 May 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

240T vs 265T

Gimme back my 4 ebj dream team pgi :o

#11 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:38 AM

Replace the streaksrm4s on the mad dog with SRM4+Artemis.

No sense in bringing streaks due to how much tonnage the IS has.

#12 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

Not sure about the reliance on ECM... seems to me that the IS side is shying away from LRMS at the moment...

Also depends on your unit.... do you want the builds to compliment a certain play style (murder-ball brawl), or do you typically stay second line? Different builds suit different play styles and team tactics.

#13 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

ECM has the added benefit of reducing the chance of *YOU* being targeted in a group sometimes... Often the instinct is to "shoot the red Dorito"...

#14 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

View Postsingh44s, on 09 May 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

240/240t - 75t / SMN / 65t / ACH (65t: HBR / EBJ / LBK)

This. Although I would hesitate to use the Summoner unless you are strong with ERPPC poptart.

Xann

Edited by Xannatharr, 12 May 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 May 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

Anyone that drops a KDK3 in FP does not understand the sandbagging they are causing their team.
Do NOT load a deck that front heavy as Clan. You will lose the tonnage war by wave 4, this is the thing the sooking clanners I keep seeing, do not understand.

If you are not capable of doing 500dmg in each light (1k total) then, don't drop one. Because if the first wave you get rushed your 100T KDK has just cost the team, literally, an additional 40T loss.

EBJ or HBR + MDD + Med

Or

2 x EBJ/HBR and 2 Med.

That is how you do it @ 240T vs 265T

I saw 3 KDK3 last night in a few drops on Taiga where most fights are brawl range. These fools pushed / jammed UAC and died in 2 seconds doing no more than 200dmg. Totally useless to their team.
I agree to a point, we like to have a lance of them for our drops. But we drop 4 lights fist wave and after we kill 4 assaults it's not that bad of a trade in tonnage.

#16 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

I like madd2c, summoner, viper, iceferrit.

#17 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

Has anyone's opinions changed on this after the new Skill Tree has dropped and especially after the engine/mobility desync? My Hunchback IICs run as slow as a heavy, so something like the Shadow Cat is more tempting, combined with 3 Linebackers that have quite a bit more mobility than anything else in the 60-70 ton range.

Edited by Bonfor, 28 May 2017 - 07:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users