Stream Video Screenshots

49 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

Hello all! Nightmare1 here. A lot of y'all know me from my frank (sometimes too frank) posts on the forum as well as my combat in game. I recently started streaming my matches and managing a YouTube account as well as dabbling in a bit of video editing. You can find my Twitch stream here: http://www.twitch.tv...tmarejk/profile with over 3,000 views and 33 followers. My YouTube Channel is located here: https://www.youtube....kWo1ZA/featured with 2,991 (Almost to 3,000!!!) views and 14 subscribers.

I'm planning to create some training videos and tutorials this fall, so new players should definitely stay tuned! I also make some stuff just for laughs. I'm pretty new at this and don't have great software yet, so any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Just a sampling of some of my older videos:

#2 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

Didn't you get 5 years? I thought you got 5 years.

#3 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostMarineTech, on 17 August 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Didn't you get 5 years? I thought you got 5 years.

Five years? I don't get it... :huh:

One of my gameplay videos: Ace of Spades with an Enforcer!!!

This one had an epic, 1v4 showdown between me and four Clanners. The clock came down to the last couple of seconds too!

Sadly, OBS glitched on me and failed to capture all of the sound. I was able to fix it after the fact, but wasn't able to recover the full audio. I plan to turn this into a training vid for new pilots as well as to make a fun spoof video out of it.

#4 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 17 August 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Five years? I don't get it... :huh:

Kids these days. Don't recognize famous movie quotes. Two words for you Nightmare... Blues Brother. Learn it.... LIVE it.
:D

#5 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostMarineTech, on 17 August 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Kids these days. Don't recognize famous movie quotes. Two words for you Nightmare... Blues Brother. Learn it.... LIVE it.

You forgot "Love it!"

#6 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostMarineTech, on 17 August 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Oh, gotcha! :)

#7 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:49 AM

I also do vids of challenges. This one was for Scout Derek's "Kill the Scout" Challenge!

Derek is starting up another Challenge soon! Head over to the "General Discussion" forum to add input and help him design it!

#8 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

Had this crazy cool match during the Blood Pact Event. It was my highest match score with a total number of 750 match points. The really crazy thing is, I did exactly 1,111 damage! :lol:

Oh yeah, I was using the supposedly awful ENF-5D[R]. No matter what someone says about that Mech, I love it!

General:

I'm going to try using a new recording software for a while to see if it improves the video quality of my matches. I've noticed that the quality has declined a bit lately and I think it's due to some problems I'm having with OBS. I also need to get some video editing tools to clean up my vids and make them a bit more polished looking. Does anyone have suggestions? I hear a lot about Adobe, but I also hear that it's an expensive program. I just want something easy to use that's not terribly complicated so that I can fiddle with vids periodically for fun.

Thanks all!

#9 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

To support Scout Derek's most recent giveaway, I plan to stream my match entries for it on Twitch!

You can find the channel here: http://www.twitch.tv...tmarejk/profile

Scout's giveaway is here: http://mwomercs.com/...inals-giveaway/

I encourage everyone to enter it!

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

Here is my MWO Tutorial walkthrough for those who were unable to take part in the Public Test Server:

It was exciting! The presence of AI Mechs and the pervasiveness of the destructible terrain was pretty cool! The special challenges were also neat, and the intro preview and voiceovers were well done. I have high expectations for the game now!

Edit: I just finished uploading the video, so you may want to give it a short bit for YouTube to finish polishing it.

Edited by Nightmare1, 03 September 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#11 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

The Brethren fought at Dawn in what was the first CW match for some of our pilots (or at least, the first in a very long time). I'm contemplating switching from Open Broadcaster Software to NVIDIA Shadowplay permanently now for recording matches. The video quality is much better with Shadowplay and it seems to have less of an impact on my in-game frame rate. However, the file sizes are huge!

#12 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

I took my Ace of Spades match and dubbed over it with some gaming music to make it more exciting. Now that's high entertainment, MWO style!

#13 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

Here is a brief video I made demonstrating the new rebalance on the PTS:

#14 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:18 AM

This was an excerpt from yesterday's stream. TheB33f and I met on Viridian Bog. He ran and I chased, deciding that I didn't care what the consequences were so long as I scored a kill on him. His buddies covered for him admirably and I encountered warping, my nemesis, when I bumped into them. In the end, he escaped me by the skin of his teeth, only to be killed later by one of my allies.

So close! I feel so robbed! :lol:

#15 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

Remember, when faced with overwhelming odds, keep calm and headshot on!

Edit: Also worth noting is that the giant rocky spire thing there is so tall that it blocks UAV coverage. Both my team and Red Team had UAVs up on either side of it and both teams thought that the other side of the rock was clear. As you can see, we were both very wrong.

Also, my team won that match. :D

#16 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

The Brethren had three drops last night with B B Wolfe of NGNG fame. We dropped against her once and with her twice, the videos of which I converted over to YouTube from my Twitch Stream. You can find the playlist here: https://www.youtube....OM14cC2hlglm-0g

They were good drops! Kudos to Brethren Ace Squirg for bagging B B Wolfe and her partner during our drop against them!

#17 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

I do not plan to stream my upcoming duel with Soy, but I will record it for upload to YouTube later. Once I find out who will be streaming it, I will post it here.

In the meantime, I made a tribute video to my HBK-4G. Who doesn't like a classic?

#18 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

I forgot to post that video from the duel! Here it is:

Sorry about that all! Bottomline: Soy didn't go through with his duel challenge, so the whole thing just fizzled out.

I made this one yesterday to see how the agility nerfs affect un-Basic'd Mechs:

I can't say that I'm a fan of these nerfs. They make my Mechs feel very clumsy and different from what's conveyed in the stories and lore. That being said, I think I like this ENF and will play it for a while.

#19 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

I'm back from my long vacation and am playing, recording, and streaming again. I've been busy!

The first vid is from a recording using Nvidia ShadowPlay, while the last three were clips from my Twitch Streams this week, also made using Nvidia ShadowPlay.

First up, the Zeus isn't as much of a lemon as people make it out to be:

Next, the TDR-9SE is good for a lot more than just LPLs:

Lastly, my Unit had its fastest victory time for an MWO match, finishing the battle in just 2 minutes and 55 seconds! My younger brother, Blackout Striker, is a new member of TBRN as well as being relatively new to MWO. Despite this, he generated 1000+ damage and 4 kills in that minuscule amount of time using just a Wolverine!

#20 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

I'm alive!!! I've just been too busy in RL to play MWO. Posted Image

That being said, I got in some drops with my BLR yesterday night, even going so far as to finish all the Personal Challenge Awards. I decided to revive this thread with one of the highlights from last night.

The best and funniest is here:

Proof that you can still carry in a CN9-YLW:

If you know you're going to die, then do it with style:

Lastly, but most importantly, TBRN's first ever Cutthroat Cup is drawing to a close! Here's some footage from it:

The Cup is a four-week long competition between 4-Man teams. Each match earns you Pieces of Eight that can be used to hire Rogues to fill in for pilots absent due to RL, or to bribe pilots on the enemy team into turning on their own allies. Once the competition is over, any remaining PoE can be used to purchase upgrades for your own personal crew quarters, courtesy of TBRN's resident programmer and artist, Jason Zero!

Edited by Nightmare1, 20 February 2016 - 08:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users