Anyone Still Using Kdk-3 With 4 X Lb10-X?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

Don't see it around anymore.

Even though it has some range, it appears to be significantly more effective at close range.

Also, it seems to be more of a 'second half' weapon, when you've already closed in and enemy mech armor has damage.

Not sure if appropriate for a 100 tonner.

#2 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

Yes. Using it very effectively. Works really well especially once the armor is gone.

#3 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

I've been running that on a mauler. It is very effective on hot maps due to the heat efficiency of LB10Xs. I imagine a version with higher hardpoints, faster, more armor AND room for 4 ERML and 3-4 extra DHS would be a damage farming machine.

#4 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 13 May 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

I've been running that on a mauler. It is very effective on hot maps due to the heat efficiency of LB10Xs. I imagine a version with higher hardpoints, faster, more armor AND room for 4 ERML and 3-4 extra DHS would be a damage farming machine.

Most people don't bother with arm guns. I can personally see why, considering the arms tend to be better for shielding.

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

Its one of the weaker Kodiak builds

#6 Hank Wildcarde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:47 AM

Yep - I used it exclusively when levelling my KDK-3 recently. I generally try to avoid OP meta builds in solo QP (I'm weird - I love getting underdog mechs to work - KFX, PNT, VPR, IFR, ARC etc.) so I was hesitant about getting the "Easy Mode King".

Only after multiple nerfs, the "Easy Mode Challenger" (MAD-IIC) introduction and a sale did I finally get one and even with this supposedly sub-optimal build it is DEVASTATING!!!

Frequently topped >1k damage in solo Tier 1 matches even though I am an appalling assault pilot and almost always ran out of ammo before dying. It is tremendous fun, even if you feel a little dirty afterwards when you one-shot lights and mediums with absurd ease...

You rarely overheat, you can snap-shot and you don't need excessive face-time to do your stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to add, once levelled I used this for the Easter Challenge event the other month and within an hour I had completed the requirement to KMDD 1 Light, 1 Medium, 1 Heavy and 1 Assault for both IS and Clan. BROKEN does not begin to describe it!

TR;DR - DO IT!!!

Edited by Hank Wildcarde, 14 May 2017 - 02:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users