#21 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 13 May 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

More like having 800 million dollars you can only use in a very specific convenience store. You can't get any expensive electronics or other goodies. But you can live off of junk food for the rest of your life.

That would be GSP, I could actually use a billion c-bill refund

#22 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

PGI is terrified of what would happen if players had enough C-Bills to buy things more than once in a blue moon. They think that C-Bills in MWO are some kind of "economy" instead of the progression/content gating mechanism that they actually are.

The Paulconomy meme is always relevant:

Posted Image

#23 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 13 May 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

Patch notes on Monday. Everyone will still have plenty of time to read them, calculate how many skill points they have coming to them, and act accordingly before patch goes live.

As to refunds on modules or lack thereof... I'm not sure what you'd do with 800 million C-Bills, OP. I bought modules knowing full well their resale value was 50% of the purchase price. Any module I bought I mounted on a Mech at one time or another, and those modules had a positive impact on my performance and earnings in game. I will sell unwanted modules back to PGI for the same C-Bill value I understood when they were purchased. Case closed, in my mind.

From the tone of your writing one could think you are on PGIs payroll to post things like this.
It's a rip off. And it's obvious. They never intended to refund modules with c-bills. Hence the charade the past months - they tried to blame it on the community and maybe needed more time for development.
They are burning billions of c-bills since it is a bad idea to flood the accounts with excess c-bills while trying to sell premiumtime and mechpacks. Simple as that.

#24 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 13 May 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

That would be GSP, I could actually use a billion c-bill refund

Well of course. But as Fupdup said in an earlier post, PGI wants to keep things gated. They don't want you rolling in so much c-bill cash you can buy every mech in the store. Technically they're giving you access to the skills that were modules and more so I'm not faulting them too hard.

#25 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

View PostFallingAce, on 13 May 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I'd wait for patch notes.

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 13 May 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

same ill wait till i have all the Info, instead of Jumping the Gun and maybe losing out much more due to ignorance,

They pretty much confirmed it in this thread. https://mwomercs.com...d-chris-lowrey/

#26 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostRampage, on 13 May 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

The GSP that you are getting allows you to get the benefits of the modules plus more. Not only can you get radar derp, seismic, MPL cooldown and MPL range but now as you use those skill points to get those same skills you will be getting Sensor Range, Target Retention, Heat Generation, Laser Duration and more. You did not lose your modules they are right there incorporated into the new Skill Tree and PGI gave you enough HSP on every Mastered or partially Mastered to buy them all plus those extra ones that are around them. Then on top of that, they will give you GSP for every module that you bought before December 3, 2016 so that you can buy even more modules (skill nodes that reflect the benefits that modules gave) on a bunch of Mechs that you did not have Mastered yet or have not even bought yet. And if you bought modules after December 2016 they are giving you a full C-Bill refund while still giving you the full HSP on all your Mastered Mechs.

You are entitled to your perception of the situation but I fail to see how anyone can consider themselves a victim in this situation.

Never ever underestimate the entitlement of the MWO community. Why do you think no other company wants to touch the license with a 10ft pole?

#27 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

I understand all of you guy's frustrations and they are all very valid, but personally I enjoy playing this game and even if I was getting zilch for refund I'd have fun remastering all my 'mechs through just playing the game.

#28 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

View PostBe Rough With Me Plz, on 13 May 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Wait for what? They've stated multiple times we're going to get it up the bung regarding the modules. I've only been back for a couple of weeks and everything I've read has stated it as being immutable.

View PostBig Tin Man, on 13 May 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Read the Q&A just posted Friday in the command chair. No refunds for modules purchased before Dec confirmed.

https://mwomercs.com...65#entry5734465

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 May 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

They pretty much confirmed it in this thread. https://mwomercs.com...d-chris-lowrey/

They haven't confirmed if their refund policy can cope with you selling modules pre dec 3rd and getting full refund for cbills post dec 3rd, my money is on it cant. (read my older posts in other threads for more details)

#29 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Whoever grinded the most c-bills when the servers go offline wins.

#30 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostFuzzyLog1c, on 13 May 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

It's not my money, it's my time. We all just got ganked.

No, YOU got ganked. I was playing a game and having fun. You think it was some sort of investment? Good job robbing yourself.

#31 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 13 May 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

Sorry, i can't see past the..."I have 390 bmillion credits now."
[...]

This is called envy and tbh, it annoys me deeply.

The point is not that he has more money than you do.
The point is how much PGI makes their customers (not necessarily specifically him) lose.
He/they payed for what they have. Either by real money or by online presence so others have people to play with.

Just because other people lose more than you do doesn't mean it's not relevant.

If you'd lose $1000, you would cry like hell. But if you lose only $100 and others lose $1000, you mock them if they complain about it.
Envy.

PS:
My personal losses will be rather low and I personally don't care about them at all, but that's not the point, either. It's about objective losses due to a game feature change.

Edited by Paigan, 13 May 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#32 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

Only a self entitled selfish obnoxious brat wouldn't know that when they bought those modules that they could be sold back for 50% of their value, so to claim that they should get back 100% is just being very very childish.

Moreover we've done this discussion back and forth endlessly already and a lot of people are sick and tired of it.

#33 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

Never ever underestimate the entitlement of the MWO community. Why do you think no other company wants to touch the license with a 10ft pole?

except its not really entitlement, the cbills were earned fair and square.

entitlement is when you expect something you didnt earn.

Only a self entitled selfish obnoxious brat wouldn't know that when they bought those modules that they could be sold back for 50% of their value, so to claim that they should get back 100% is just being very very childish.

except they may never have even bought the modules in the first place if they knew they would have to sell them for 50% in the future

when people bought modules it was with the understanding theyd be useable forever

Moreover we've done this discussion back and forth endlessly already and a lot of people are sick and tired of it.

good for them no one is forcing them to read the forums

but for a lot of other people its still a huge disappointment and PGI is potentially losing customers

Edited by Khobai, 14 May 2017 - 01:01 AM.

#34 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

View PostDogstar, on 14 May 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

The issue here is, for the longest time we did not know that the modules we bought would go away. Thus we bought hundreds of millions of C-Bills worth of modules before December 2016. And now PGI is basically telling us, **** your C-Bill investment.

#35 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Modules are not an investment they are a pay to win feature that boosts your performance in game.

You have had the full value of their effect ever since you bought them.

You are not entitled to a 100% refund and you never were.

#36 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

View PostDogstar, on 14 May 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

Modules are not an investment they are a pay to win feature that boosts your performance in game.

I will only buy mechs, engines and weapons if i know they will be taken away in the future without compensation........

#37 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

View PostDogstar, on 14 May 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

Of course modules are investments. They are just as much of C-Bill investment as any C-Bill mechs/weapons/equipments that I have bought. They are not perishables, such as consumables.

Edited by El Bandito, 14 May 2017 - 01:17 AM.

#38 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

And PGI is not entitled to me spending money on their game.

If PGI wants to cheat me out of my fake money, fine, I just wont spend real money on their game anymore.

Its hurting them way more than its hurting me lol. What theyre doing makes no sense from a business standpoint.

Edited by Khobai, 14 May 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#39 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

View PostForceUser, on 13 May 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Because they predicted the future and foresaw the outrage of the yet-to-exist MWO community caused by PGI's incompetence?

Flawless logic.

#40 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

How many of these modules were payed for with real life cash? As part of mech packs maybe... Is it even legal to now take those modules away?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users