388 replies to this topic

#381 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostJaybles, on 16 May 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

You asked what made people think they were getting full refunds. What happened before Russ's announcement at mech con is irrelevant. The President of the company set that expectation at mech con, not the players.

Players purchased modules before the announcement with the expectation that they would have those modules until the game was shut down. Players were given the expectation that those purchases would be refunded in full by PGI in December 2016. Nothing about this is complicated or illogical.

PGI changed course. That is their prerogative. But it is a bit fallacious to think people wouldn't feel lied to and cheated by the situation.

This is false and you know it. Revisionist history. The module system was never intended to be permanent. It was cbills invested into progression. All the time we had (years worth) before the announcement you were collecting modules. The interim time period since the announcement is relatively short in comparison. And we should all know better than to take anything said at a mechcon or similar conference with a grain of salt. Look at the original FP presentation for evidence of that.

-k

#382 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 16 May 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

This is false and you know it. Revisionist history. The module system was never intended to be permanent. It was cbills invested into progression. All the time we had (years worth) before the announcement you were collecting modules. The interim time period since the announcement is relatively short in comparison. And we should all know better than to take anything said at a mechcon or similar conference with a grain of salt. Look at the original FP presentation for evidence of that.

-k

So.... customers should not hold businesses accountable for unfulfilled promises. Ok Got it.

There is nothing revisionist about it. The president of the company promised a full CBILL refund for all modules bought ever. That did not happen.

But what should be more telling than anything is that you have tampered your expectations of PGI so much that you are advocating not taking things they say seriously. That is a sorry state of affairs. Doesn't exactly bode well for my confidence in investing real money in this game ever again.

#383 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostJaybles, on 16 May 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

There is nothing revisionist about it. The president of the company promised a full CBILL refund for all modules bought ever. That did not happen.

They also promised it in February. It is now May. The ship has sailed.

It may not be to your liking, but this is what we have now. If you can convince PGI to alter it at this point, more power to you.

#384 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Oh, I'm resigned to my fate. I recouped about 200 mil last night in 50% module sales, And I'll have another 200mil ish from the full refund + 15-20k still in GSP. Space rich is space rich. I'll be just fine for the remaining time PGI owns the IP.

It was always the principle of the matter. If I can not trust a company to follow through on their promises, then why would I continue to spend money on that company?

Wallet closed.

#385 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

Whereas I'm glad they took feedback and changed the refund policy to help players like myself.

Wallet opened.

#386 ILikeCoconuts

Rookie

• The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

The only reasons I can see for making a change like this are:
  • This is going to get someone who hated the old skill system and was going to stop spending money on MWO to start spending money on MWO
  • This is going to get someone who tried MWO and didn't like the old skill system to try it again and spend money on MWO.
  • This is going to get someone who is going to play no matter the skill system to spend more money on MWO
My guess is that very few people fall into group two. I sort of fall into group three, but I'm just sitting here looking at it and I can't help but think, "do I really want to do this 120 times?". I was already going back and forth about buying every mech pack like I have been, and this really doesn't help. I'm guessing that there are more people in group three who would just drop out than would spend more money.

Group one, well, I have no idea there.

So I'm not really seeing how this is going to make MWO more money in the long run. Was the demand for a skill tree change really *that* strong? Am I in a tiny minority of "whales" who were already on the edge? Will I get a refund of the Premium Time I'm burning by sitting here filling this out? :P

#387 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

Oh the Skill Tree itself is still far from perfect, in fact, I'd say it's gotten worse with every iteration. The original firepower trees, while they encouraged boating, at least offered easy access to what you wanted. Here's hoping it changes again and they make more good changes, like the removal of Arm Pitch and the re-organisation of the Aux tree.

#388 INKBALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

I lost 1,200 cbills, id settle for half...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users