Battlezone!

6 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:59 PM

So i just realized, there's enemy mechs that are shooting at me in the academy should i crossed over the other side -- the Battlezone.

It's actually okay, the constant LRMs being shot at me is quite annoying, still really a challenge though.

Now the half-destroyed mechs could be a lot more challenging if they're not that damaged. But it should be kind of random i guess.

It would be even more realistic if the mechs were moving, even if it's just waypoint based.

#2 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

I love the battlezone, there is bit too many LRMs. I agree moving mechs would be awesome, even if it was on set paths.

Long story short, they are not working on this. Posted Image It's is a shame becase it could offer a small version of single player to help new players, earn some cbills. Have basic missions, something to test out new builds.

#3 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

Well, if PGI can enable mech motion like they did for the Shooting Galary or VIP, we might have something...

Edited by Commander A9, 13 July 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#4 Aeromaxout

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 December 2021 - 10:12 AM

Yea, even a simple movement system would be interesting.

May I go forward and even suggest having some allied mechs with LRMs to spot for? Essentially dumb turrets still shoot targets another has locked onto after all.

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 01:47 PM

View PostAeromaxout, on 17 December 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

May I go forward and even suggest having some allied mechs with LRMs to spot for? Essentially dumb turrets still shoot targets another has locked onto after all.

Once the cadet learns to press "R" in the first part of the training, he knows everything important about spotting for LRMs. Posted Image

#6 PointmanSF

• Pip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNY, USA / Kilkenny, IRE

Posted 05 August 2023 - 07:12 AM

Ok, ok. I get it I really do. 75% of the time I take a build to TestingGrounds, 25% to Academy to get real numbers and reload/repair instantly. Battle Mode and running cored is useful, but I like the LRMs. It makes practicing both activating your AMS(s) coming out of ECM non LoS to the enemies and practicing ducking out to pop a shot, racing back to cover to make the LRMs hit rock.

I'd rather new maps mechs etc. However - In Testing grounds you can be lance or company commander, order things - Why doesn't PGI look at a bunch of bots in TGrounds or Academy to ally/VS with? It could be like the circle you walk over to rearm to spawn a Red mech and you should be able to right click or something similar in Battlegrid as Company Cdr.s get to insert a random BlueFor bot.Simple pathfinding and aim skills coding that's all. Oh well.

Sorry to get to the point TL : DR I mean the turrets with the XXX.X dmg readouts are the real reason I go to Academy. Work that with your builds...

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 05:31 AM

View PostPointmanSF, on 05 August 2023 - 07:12 AM, said:

Why doesn't PGI look at a bunch of bots in TGrounds or Academy to ally/VS with?

PGI makes money on Mechpacks, not on the Training Grounds module. So, PGI considers the basic functionality sufficient.

View PostPointmanSF, on 05 August 2023 - 07:12 AM, said:

It could be like the circle you walk over to rearm to spawn a Red mech and you should be able to right click or something similar in Battlegrid as Company Cdr.s get to insert a random BlueFor bot.Simple pathfinding and aim skills coding that's all. Oh well.

If you wish to play with or against some bot-piloted BattleMechs, try MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users