New Gear? New Prices?

7 replies to this topic

#1 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

OK, so I was told by my Legendary founder friend to never sell anything when I started the game last fall. I have a poop ton of XL engines I will never use, because our merc unit rolls IS stuff and we try to be tanky.

When the new engines come out tomorrow, am I facing a loss of millions? Is there a list of what stuff will cost when the new gear arrives tomorrow somewhere?

#2 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

Your friend was wrong in saying 'never'.

XL engines will not be removed from the game.

Your date for patching the new gear is also wrong, which you probably figured by now.

Have you ever tried not believeing blindly what others tell you and search for information yourself? It's right here on this domain.

#3 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

never sell engines

#4 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:34 AM

XL engines aren't going anywhere.

It is a good idea to keep everything IMO. C-bills are a byproduct of playing.

That being said, if you have to have c-bills, excess engines are a good way to start.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:11 AM

In July we get Light Fusion Engines which will likely make Standard Engines pretty much obsolite, and will reduce the number of Mechs I would take an XL on, probably from about 70% of Mechs to about 40% because the LFEs ability to suvive a torso loss is worthless if the Mech rarely looses a torso, and small fast Mechs will still benefit far more from the tonage the XL givs than the suvibilty an LFE will give. but standard engines will go from being used on about 30% of Mechs to about 2% for me, as being able to suvive being able to loose both sides is only useful if you can carry enough weapons to still contribute with just the CT and head mounted weapons.

when you are first starting selling stuff is usualy a bad idea, because it costs more to buy something than you get for selling it but when you have been playing for 6 months and built up a stockpile of equipment which you are sure you are not going to want to use then by all means sell it off, just bear in mind when you sell something you only get half its value, and that weapon and equipment stats are likely to change in future so just because you do not like it now does not mean it will never be any good for you.

An XL300 engine costs 4.9 million cbills to buy but you will only get back 2.45 million for selling it, as the XL300 is an engine I often use I would not sell them unless I had a stockpile of 20+, the XL 300 is more used than pretty much any other engine but there are others I use often including 180, 190, 235, 250, 255, 275, 280, 325, 330, 340, 350, 375 and 400. most other sizes I would not use unless they were the max engine size for a specific Mech (most of those sizes are the max engine size for some Mechs, or the most efficent engine for an extra heatsink slot), so with engines on that list I would not sell them if I had 5 or less, in the case of 255, 280, 325 and 340 I would keep at least 10, engines not on that list I would sell off all but 1-2 if I was in need of the cbills.

the same goes for weapons and equipment, I did not need about 180 medium lasers in my inventory (especialy because most IS Mechs have a few come with them) so last time I went through my inventory (about a year ago) I sold off about 140 MLs, 40 should be plenty to keep in stock.

edit:
just checking through my inventory at current I have about 40 standard engines to sell but no XLs I want to sell, as most of the sizes I like I have less than 5, and for the sizes I like do use much I do not have more than 2.
I do not have many weapons I want to sell at current but I probably will after selling off about 100 Mechs, I have well over 200, many of which I have not touched in years and am unlikely to ever want to use again so many of them will be sold to fund the new tech coming in the July patch.
another edit for reasons the post below

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 18 May 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 May 2017 - 06:11 AM, said:

An XL300 engine costs 4.9 million cbills to buy but you will only get back 2.45 million for selling it, as the XL300 is an engine I often use I would not sell them unless I had a stockpile of 20+, the XL 300 is more used than pretty much any other engine but there are others I use often including 180, 190, 235, 250, 255, 275, 280, 325, 330, 240, 350, 375 and 400. most other sizes I would not use unless they were the max engine size for a specific Mech (most of those sizes are the max engine size for some Mechs, or the most efficent engine for an extra heatsink slot), so with engines on that list I would not sell them if I had 5 or less, in the case of 255, 280, 325 and 340 I would keep at least 10, engines not on that list I would sell off all but 1-2 if I was in need of the cbills.

Honestly Rogue I wouldn't bother keeping a 240 series either XL, LFE (once they are in game) or Standard, as once you factor in the external DHS you need to buy (1t) your net weight increase by going with a 250 in it's place is between 0 and 0.5t depending on the engine type. That gets you a 10th true dub with more or less identical performance engine wise....

Now if you meant 340 and not 240, then ignore my previous paragraph...

Edited by Metus regem, 18 May 2017 - 07:38 AM.

#7 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 May 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

Honestly Rogue I wouldn't bother keeping a 240 series either XL, LFE (once they are in game) or Standard, as once you factor in the external DHS you need to buy (1t) your net weight increase by going with a 250 in it's place is between 0 and 0.5t depending on the engine type. That gets you a 10th true dub with more or less identical performance engine wise....

Max engine cap for a mech may be 240.

I sold my XL250 for that logical reason, 255 weights the same, to realize a few days later I needed it.

Edited by Roughneck45, 18 May 2017 - 07:42 AM.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 May 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

yes I meant 340 (mostly for Cicada and 70 tonners), now correcting

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 18 May 2017 - 08:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users