Laser Ebj + Skill Tree

15 replies to this topic

#1 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

EBJ-PRIME

Tried both glascannon and tanky ebj and tbh idk which better i can pull both 700-1.5k damage on solo QP with it.

Glascannon ebj.

withouth sensor
https://kitlaan.gitl...c6657&s=Weapons

with 2 x seismic
https://kitlaan.gitl...09b13&s=Weapons

Tanky ebj.

Full armor
https://kitlaan.gitl...f5107&s=Weapons

Full laser duration
https://kitlaan.gitl...e9e60&s=Weapons

Solo QP ebj.

77 SP spend, 14 SP free, 60% radar full seis, full heat,coolrun,3 laser duration
https://kitlaan.gitl...cfc92&s=Weapons

The free sp for you decied if you prefer 100% radar or the last laserduration/range or armor/agility.

In group with communication you can get awarness from other players but in solo QP your awarnass mot time on yourself. Also with 60% radar thos full target decay lurmer who used to have lock on you for 5.5 sec is reduce to 2.2 sec which is something tbh.

Edited by Palfatreos, 16 June 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#2 Viggo Carpathian

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

Hey Palfatreos,
Just curious if you have played around with going 0 points in Operations and putting more points into Firepower for the heat gen?

#3 Nymh

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

I prefer Metamech's default laser EBJ. Even with max Cool Run and Heat Gen 6, MLs is too many for the mech. The asymmetrical build also gives you very strong peaks and lets you shield heavily with your right side when dueling.

On the skill builds, I think you're heavily over-invested in mobility. Peak-trading is the bread and butter of laser boats, and aside from accel/decel nothing in the mobility tree helps in that role. Speed Tweak is tempting, but the EBJ already moves at a brisk 81kph, so I think most of those points go better in the survivability tree. Additionally, your Firepower tree could use a bit of optimization. You could be getting slightly more Heat Gen nodes, and those are the big goal for laser builds after their weapon specific nodes.

I'm not 100% settled on everything, but here's the rough Skill Tree I'm using on my EBJs at the moment.

View PostViggo Carpathian, on 19 May 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Hey Palfatreos,
Just curious if you have played around with going 0 points in Operations and putting more points into Firepower for the heat gen?

Never on a laser boat. Heat management is the primary limiter on your DPS, so you need all the cooling you can get. Dropping that 17 points in Ops can gain you an additional -5% heat gen, but you lose the full 10% dissipation from Cool Run. Overall that ~5% loss isn't worth the additional scraps of range and CD you get from Firepower.

Edited by Nymh, 21 May 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#4 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5757398
the lastest ebj i am playing with https://kitlaan.gitl...200c&s=Weapons.

View PostViggo Carpathian, on 19 May 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Hey Palfatreos,

i have tried both 0 heat gen max coolrun/heat containment and vice versa. the max heat gen (14) gave me slighty better heat eff over slightly worse effective heat capacity compared to max coolrun (5) heat cont (5) . But since ebj boat alot heatsink and weapons i decide to go full heat gen and full cool run havent regret that decision.

View PostNymh, on 21 May 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

I prefer Metamech's default laser EBJ. Even with max Cool Run and Heat Gen 6, MLs is too many for the mech. The asymmetrical build also gives you very strong peaks and lets you shield heavily with your right side when dueling.

On the skill builds, I think you're heavily over-invested in mobility. Peak-trading is the bread and butter of laser boats, and aside from accel/decel nothing in the mobility tree helps in that role. Speed Tweak is tempting, but the EBJ already moves at a brisk 81kph, so I think most of those points go better in the survivability tree. Additionally, your Firepower tree could use a bit of optimization. You could be getting slightly more Heat Gen nodes, and those are the big goal for laser builds after their weapon specific nodes.

I'm not 100% settled on everything, but here's the rough Skill Tree I'm using on my EBJs at the moment.

Never on a laser boat. Heat management is the primary limiter on your DPS, so you need all the cooling you can get. Dropping that 17 points in Ops can gain you an additional -5% heat gen, but you lose the full 10% dissipation from Cool Run. Overall that ~5% loss isn't worth the additional scraps of range and CD you get from Firepower.

i ques it personal preference i used to play 2 lpl 4 med 1 tc1 either EBJ-PRIME or EBJ-PRIME
but the 2 lpl 6 med only lost 1 heatsink and slightly smaller range for bigger burst dps. also i dont always full alpha with it got like 4 or 5 weapon groups to fire them seperatly.

i did change to half mobilty mainly torso speed to mitigate damage. personaly i dont find survvial tree worth it for unquircked mech i rather have more dps/mobilty/situationel awarnes over being little bit more tanky.

#5 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

https://kitlaan.gitl...e42df&s=Weapons

This is more or less what you want. Maxed out cool run, maxed out heat containment and as much of the heat gens as you can get.

Putting seismic on it would be great but maxing out as much of the heat quirks it too helpful on a laser vomit build to invest the points required into it.

You need to invest into both seismic's otherwise it's honestly a waste of points because 100m range is nothing. By the time you spot something and can react to it, it's already too late.

#6 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:58 AM

laser ebj version 5: https://kitlaan.gitl...09b13&s=Weapons

max heat gen,cool run, laser duration. Negglected survival: as an unquircked struc/armor mech + poker i see no value in taking survival. I rather have faster twist speed/accel,decel to mitigate damage then to tank it.

I bet most people disagree the 9 sp for 2 coolshot and 2 strike and 12 sp only for 2 seismic. this my personal preference as seismic even at high cost give me way more situational awarness. and i find 2 x coolshot 27 and 2 x strike 15 bombs just to good to not take it. But if ya dont want seismic or be heavy consumable depended drop it to your liking and invest into agilty (or whatever).

#7 Nymh

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

After way too much tweaking and tuning, I've settled on this build for my laser Jags. My reasoning for each tree if anyone's curious...

(36) Firepower
After the obvious Laser Duration, Heat Gen is the big goal node in Firepower. It has the highest direct impact on your DPS, and this build picks up all but one node. Unfortunately, the last requires a 3 to 1 buy-in that isn't quite worth the losses elsewhere.

(19) Survival
Essential to stay alive longer and get more trades done. I'd love to have more in Skeletal Density, but the there's no room to fit it in.

(8) Agility
For the most part, the EBJ has good-enough base mobility, but in a laser boat, 90% of your combat time is spent peaking from behind corners and over hills. That makes Accel/Decel a prime stat, and the cluster of Kinetic Burst and Hard Brake nodes on the right side of this tree is too good to pass on.

(13) Operations
Like Heat Gen, Cool Run is one of the best nodes you can buy. Too bad it's stuck behind a bunch of trash. I take 8% and pass on the last node because, as in the Firepower tree, it's sealed behind an unappealing 3 for 1 trade-off.

(9) Sensor
The three points in Radar Dep are maybe the only place I'd consider trimming nodes. They can be put elsewhere, but I'd recommend not touching the Info Gathering. It doesn't seem like much, but that 28% gets you detailed target info nearly a full second faster inside 500m. Know which component to target nearly the moment you tap the R key can make all the difference in the world.

(6) Auxillary
Consumables have a power level commensurate with their cost, and as such, these are the best six point in the entire build. Cool Shot is already too good, but adding a second and upping both their effect by 50%? That's just crazy. You will massively out trade any enemy not willing to run this tree and torch some C-Bills to up their DPS. I agree with Palfatreos that the Arty nodes are likewise very good and if I decide to drop my 3 points in Radar Dep, they're going straight into those skills. Consumables OP.

Edited by Nymh, 27 May 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#8 Kaoba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 214 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

Seismic is not even worth it if you dont go for both nodes,100m seismic is basically right mext to you, at that point you can even hear the mech foot step or use the shadow, my pov on the matter....

#9 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

I've been skilling up this exact mech!

Here's mine: EBJ-PRIME

After playing with the two arm-mounted ERML's in the left arm, I moved them over to the right. Loss of LT would leave you with just one ERML. With this arrangement you can still be moderately dangerous after losing either side torso. 2 LPL and 4 ERML feels right to me for heat management, more ERML and you start to get a bit hot.

Skill tree for it.

(36) Firepower
Go big or go home. 36 points takes the absolute shortest path to get you your max heat gen and laser duration nodes. You have to take some garbage to get there, but I think it is worth it. To get them all without taking garbage, you have to spend 40 points. If you want to do that, you can sacrifice the artillery line on the auxiliary.

(0) Survival
Debatable. Could swap all the points spent on agility here. My personal preference is for more agility to switch around positioning on the battlefield even faster. As a lighter heavy, I feel like you need to get into the heavier heavies and assaults before you invest a big chunk of points maxing out survival. I think swapping the agility points to the survival tree here could be very beneficial, but it may be six to one half a dozen the other,

(15) Agility
The EBJ does have great base mobility, but I like it even better, so I went after the more juicy speed tweak path. I think if you commit this way you have to spend at least 14-15 points.

(17) Operations
Maxed out cool run and got most of the heat containment. Elected not to spend the three points for the middle two heat containments; an additional 6% doesn't let you get another alpha in. Cool run and heat gen are more important.

(13) Sensor
Went down the more juicy radar derp side, and picked up advanced zoom and a seismic sensor. I think only one seismic does help. Sometimes you are literally right around a corner from somebody, and it does provide you good info.

(10) Auxillary
Maxed out the coolshots AND went for the artillery strikes.

Edited by ShooterMcGavin80, 07 June 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#10 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 07 June 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Here's mine: EBJ-PRIME

I used to run this one before going the one i using now. i prefered this one over the 2 lpl in torso build because it favor right poking with less exposure and as you said losing torso still give ou 3 ermed. Against people who can focus part you probably well get the lpl torso short apart most time but in pugland meh :P.

I am not fan about the low head armor though although headshot rare case if it not uber fast mech i prefer having 16 head armor to be dual gaus proof.

Skill tree for it.

(13) Sensor
Went down the more juicy radar derp side, and picked up advanced zoom and a seismic sensor. I think only one seismic does help - it is better than none and not a waste of the point.

not sure about advanced zoom you not a extra longe range mech so i find the normal zoom more then enough engagin people at 500m range. Also 100m radius seismic basicly nothing the mech almost in your face at that range.

(6) Auxillary
Maxed out the coolshots but elected not to go for the artillery strikes. I can see the argument; could drop something from agility to get the artillery strikes.

https://kitlaan.gitl...82c0f&s=Weapons
-1 range,-1 speed tweak, - zoom => added to get second seismic.

changed -1 speed ret for +1 gyros in mech ops. find a legged mech a death mech anyway, although idk how effective really is in reduce shake though

changed -1 target decay for +1 sensor range in sensor. i dont see how target decay helps since you not lurms and lurmer should get there LoS locks anyway. i use the command wheel with *enemy spotted* to keep track on unlocked target positions.

#11 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 07 June 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

https://kitlaan.gitl...82c0f&s=Weapons
-1 range,-1 speed tweak, - zoom => added to get second seismic.

changed -1 speed ret for +1 gyros in mech ops. find a legged mech a death mech anyway, although idk how effective really is in reduce shake though

changed -1 target decay for +1 sensor range in sensor. i dont see how target decay helps since you not lurms and lurmer should get there LoS locks anyway. i use the command wheel with *enemy spotted* to keep track on unlocked target positions.

Good thoughts. I did edit the tree a little bit. I do like having the advanced zoom, you're right that out to 500 meters your regular zoom is fine, but with the LPL's you can engage out to 600, 700 meters, and having the zoom helps. Plus it helps on focusing a component more easily at the 400-500 meter range.

God, can you imagine how annoying it would be if an entire team went all out and spammed the artillery strikes? sheesh.

#12 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

well lucky you can have radar derp/seimic and zoom on one mech now i just get disorientated if i twist to much with zoom or switching inbetween advanced and normal zoom.

I actually do i am in a unit that like to bring strikes some take 1 some take 2 it basicly seing who can put the next strike after the global 10 sec cooldown. It pretty ugly especially on those matches where mech grouped up.

prefer airstrike over art strike it straight line bombs and ist as random as art strike. air strike more consistent in damage if it hit mechs. for example if air strike hit mech it might take 9-11% on a mech the art strike might take 2-18% on a mech (these valua just example not true representif). but it whatever you prefer both strike has there pro and cons.

Edited by Palfatreos, 07 June 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#13 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

After some tweaking here is the final build and skill tree I settled on:

EBJ-PRIME
Skill tree

I like the high mounts in the LT a lot, but if you don't want that big thing sticking up for people to shoot at:
Low profile configuration

Edited by ShooterMcGavin80, 09 June 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#14 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

updated with glacannon ebj no sensor
2 version of tank ebj
1 solo QP ebj with free SP left

#15 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

Yeah I would skip the seismic unless you plan to knife-fight a lot in your Ebon Jag.

Assuming that this build is for FW, you don't need a self-sustaining unit, you just need a big alpha that you can fire as often as possible. Go for all the heat gen and cool run and heat containment.

#16 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

The only truly effective laser EBJ ive tried is 2 LPL, 6 ERML, with the skill tree focus primarily on maximizing DPS (its hot as balls even if you were to get every single heat related skill). Thing is, the EBJ is one of those mechs that has insanely bad hitboxes (if you use the high shouldery guns, and you like cant without sacrificing your alfa strike for energy), so my philosophy is to walk out of cover, hit someone really really hard, and then run the hell out of there.

There are other popular builds like 8 MPLs, and a few others like ballistic boating, but none of them are versatile enough nor do they take advantage of the fact that the ebon has terrible hitboxes, but can carry as much offensive capabilities as many assaults. MPLs force you to get up close, and an ebon that is in short range will loose its LT faster then anything, since its huge, and 90% of players that even understand the concept of shoot vulnurable areas know that 90% of ebon builds that have a visible LT hitbox will loose over half their firepower if that gets destroyed. While you can always do any sort of build from SRMs to uacs, the ebon really shines in a hit and run role, and for that i have to say high alfa laser vomit is the best option, 66 alfa strike may not sound crazy, but you can fire it twice on all but very hot maps, you have agility and speed, and you can poke like crazy and win most trades even with the ebon being sorta a glass cannon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users