Hide Warrior - Lrm Crit Chance Responsible

Gameplay

153 replies to this topic

#21 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:40 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 18 May 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Before the patch I was losing weapons with full armor. I know this is possible, but I was losing 2-3 with only yellow armor. Technically not critical hits, but you feel like they are.

Sometimes hits register on your back punching a hole in your armour and destroying a weapon.

#22 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:40 AM

View PostKhobai, on 18 May 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

I dont recall Arrow IV ever being able to pierce armor

Maybe if your back armour is open... but then your internals are exposed for critt hits...

#23 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

Lightfoot, man, I'm sorry to break it to you but there are no through-armor crits in MWO. There just aren't. Only way to lose a piece of equipment in MWO is to take overheat damage or get hit in a component that has lost its armor.

Edited by Mole, 18 May 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#24 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostMole, on 18 May 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Lightfoot, man, I'm sorry to break it to you but there are no through-armor crits in MWO. There just aren't. Only way to lose a piece of equipment in MWO is to take overheat damage or get hit in a component that has lost its armor.

Or get hit on an armored component that lost all its armor from the hit and there was carry-through damage to the internal structure..

#25 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostMole, on 18 May 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Then it's a BUG because I didn't overheat, I had barely fired a weapon, and I had front and back armor that was not even orange yet, but I lost two main weapons, I think two Clan LRM15.

In MechWarrior 4 the Arrow IV Thunderbolt had the ability to damage internals and weapons through armor. They called it "mech shattering". I never bothered to check BattleTech though, so when it happened twice last week I just assumed it was that.

#26 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Nothing has changed. When your team is composed of pro snipers and campers you lose to lrm team. When your team move forward and take the hits you win.

We were talking about this in the chat yesterday, as long as lrm blinds with fire people will cower. Remove the blinding and everyone will just kill the boat without any effort. People will push and brawl the most fearsome loadout with biggest alpha in the game but can't take a few lrm hits that become useless at short range?

Having teams with 5assault and 2 heavies will exacerbate the lrm "problem" as your chances of having lrm boat gets bigger.

View PostMetus regem, on 18 May 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

You play in a bracket that shouldn't be seeing much LRM usage or you should've learned by now how to counter LRM,s....

What bracket? it takes 1-2 minutes to drop, there isnt any bracket anymore. There also is no weight class management 3/3/3/3 either. And ofcourse anyone can farm damage to rank. Might as well spread damage with 3 ac2, great damage, big match score, not a solo kill to your name though.

Edited by DAYLEET, 18 May 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#27 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 18 May 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Then it's a BUG because I didn't overheat, I had barely fired a weapon, and I had front and back armor that was not even orange yet, but I lost two main weapons, I think two Clan LRM15.

In MechWarrior 4 the Arrow IV Thunderbolt had the ability to damage internals and weapons through armor. They called it "mech shattering". I never bothered to check BattleTech though, so when it happened twice last week I just assumed it was that.

Arrow IV and Thunderbolt missiles are two different kinds of missiles and launchers...

Arrow IV is 15t and 15 crits for the IS, it deals area damage. 15 to the target hex and 10 damage to each hex around that one.

Thunderbolt missiles do rated damage to one location, ie Thunderbolt 5/10/15/20 deals 5/10/15//20 damage to one location.

#28 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

View Post- Pestilence -, on 18 May 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

I just don't like the idea that some hiding [censored] have crit chance but my 1st line brawler do not.

Every weapon system has the chance and ability to net up to 3 criticals per shot. (Except Gauss and PPCs, which have 1x crits; mainly because a single crit instantly destroys just about any equipment hit when using them).

Any LRM has the ability to deliver 1 damage per crit, per missile. With checks for each individual missile.

Your brawler undoubtedly outclasses it significantly.

View PostLightfoot, on 18 May 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

I didn't overheat. Some weapons, notably the Arrow IV, can do damage to systems that are still armored.

We... don't have Arrow IV.
And MWO does NOT feature weapons that deliver damage through armored sections. (The exception is if yoru rear or front torso is exposed while the opposing front or rear still has armor..)

(The other exception is your own weapons damaging themselves via ammo or weapon explosions which do, in fact, deliver crit damage to yourself.)

Wait, one last exception and I forgot I recently discovered this:

If your Arm or Leg has been destroyed (or ST), and it keeps taking hits, crit checks will carry over into armored sections. However since all damage transferring including crit damage is reduced by 60%... this is sort of a stupid tactic to rely on.

Edited by Koniving, 18 May 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#29 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

Im fine with srms have crit chance. Lrms no.. no im not ok with it.

#30 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostNatred, on 18 May 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Im fine with srms have crit chance. Lrms no.. no im not ok with it.

It's been this way for over 5 years.... Why complain now?
Posted Image
Before LRMs were like this in closed beta, (Straight down, Lightning fast, Lock Free), they had crit chances way back then... and that has never changed.

Edited by Koniving, 18 May 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#31 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 18 May 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Then it's a BUG because I didn't overheat,

Weird **** can happen in MWO

Posted Image

#32 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 18 May 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Weird **** can happen in MWO

Posted Image

The infamous armor glitch. Normally it's 1% left over but yes, weird **** can happen.

#33 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 May 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

It's been this way for over 5 years.... Why complain now?
Posted Image
Before LRMs were like this in closed beta, (Straight down, Lightning fast, Lock Free), they had crit chances way back then... and that has never changed.

I don't see a problem with exploding warheads exhibiting a chance to damage equipment.

#34 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 18 May 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

I don't see a problem with exploding warheads exhibiting a chance to damage equipment.

Neither do I.

Then again I'm also for through-armor crits on certain weapons. So yeah.

#35 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 May 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

You play in a bracket that shouldn't be seeing much LRM usage

There is no such thing as that bracket, as at best he is grouped with people in T3 and more likely there are plenty of T4s and even T5s in a good portion of his drops.

Not to mention that at this point, due to PSR inflation, the group in T1 & T2 contains a lot of people who should be in T3.

#36 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

Shouldn't your magical survival tree -crit chance nodes you'd need to get to get structure and armor deal with this problem by entirely eliminating crit chance?

#37 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

Im not talking critical hits on expoaed internal structure. Im talking about lrm bonus damage chance.

#38 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

View PostUltimax, on 18 May 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

There is no such thing as that bracket, as at best he is grouped with people in T3 and more likely there are plenty of T4s and even T5s in a good portion of his drops.

Not to mention that at this point, due to PSR inflation, the group in T1 & T2 contains a lot of people who should be in T3.

Fair enough though, but as I also pointed out, by the time you put in to getting to T1 you should know how to counter LRM's so that they are no longer a threat....

View PostNatred, on 18 May 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Im not talking critical hits on expoaed internal structure. Im talking about lrm bonus damage chance.

That bonus damage is only generated if they cause a critical hit in the first place. It's 15% extra damage, not 15% extra crit chance if you spend 2 of the 91 skill points on it... It has also been pointed out, you are better off not using LRM's to kill something in the first place.

#39 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 18 May 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Or get hit on an armored component that lost all its armor from the hit and there was carry-through damage to the internal structure..

I still consider this getting hit in a component that lost its armor.

Edited by Mole, 18 May 2017 - 11:27 AM.

#40 - Pestilence -

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 May 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

No one gained extra crit chance. Only the clan Targeting computer can increase crit chance, that's it... untill the IS get their targeting computers in the tech update...

What came with the skill tree, High Explosive is crit damage increase. How ever it is a trap skill, as it is not worth taking. For it to have a meaningful effect you would need 15-20 missiles to hit the same location and all of them generate a critical hit.... even then you would be better off taking one heavy hard hitting weapon like a Gauss Rifle.

You are absolutely right, my mistake. However... i still don't like the idea that lrm's are getting something extra, make them anyway stronger and the game will be unplayable again.

Edited by - Pestilence -, 18 May 2017 - 11:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users