6 replies to this topic

#1 SgtMac

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMorgantown, West Virginia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

You took a faily straight forward and easy feature (skill tree) and made it a damned nightmare. Why? All you had to do was drop the 3 mech nonsense. End rant on this subject.

#2 Baba_Yaga

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:36 AM

When a bunch ego driven moron's (PGI) are running the show what the hell would you expect!
I never seen so much Bait and switch tactic's in one outfit. Just proves they don't play their own, game or just don't ******* care!
I'm leaning towards the latter!

Edited by Hamerclone, 31 May 2017 - 05:38 AM.

#3 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

Well, i think the people @ PGI put a lot of effort in the skill tree. And a lot of critisim may be justified. But i don't think they don't give a ****, i think they worked pretty hard on a solution for some of the existing problems. Where i am with you SgtMac is that there is always been a tendency to extreme solutions or ideas in the developement of the game. In some cases they quickly take back their changes or alterations (the terrible fixed minimap, CW Long Tom....) because customers riot. In other cases there would have been reasonable solutions but they take either a pretty complicated turn or a very easy one. When the Assault mode got "revamped" by taking out ALL the turrets, it would have been enough to take out just the Lurm turrets. The ones harassing you on mining collective after 1 third of the way to the center. But now we have base rushes, at least still from time to time. I really appreciate not having to buy 3 Mechs to Master, but the clicking is real to skill all your stuff again. Time i already invested. I would have been happy with some kind of sliders for each group of skills. But they wanted the individual options. It's ok for most players i think. I'm sure there have been ttk and balancing issues adressed with the new tree, but as a result since it is live i must admit i see a lot of stomps happening. The power creep has gone worse instead. Maybe it changes with future quirk passes and new weaponry.

Edited by zzoxx, 31 May 2017 - 10:32 PM.

#4 BrotherEJ

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

I was initially disappointed by the skill tree change. Very complicated and not intuitive. I have been playing since before release, I had lots of resources, to get my mechs ,to where they were before. A new player, has the same amount of grind and expense but only needs one mech. I don't see any real benefit, to the change from a player perspective, however, Premium Time seems like a better value now. That has to be good for PGI.

Still the best F2P game on the market in my opinion. Nothing game breaking about the skill tree its just poorly done.

#5 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

Premium time is a better value for new players. Me, I have 9k GSP to level up mechs. I don't need a single minute of premium time until I've spent all of it.

#6 Capt Grace

• Pip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:30 AM

Im not happy on the refending of this new skill tree system, for 39.000.000 credits on modules plus full pilot XP and multiple mech modules and MC spent on modules I got 87.000 credits refunded to me , No MC that I spent and the rest in these new skill points where I have so many Skill points I could fully upgrade every mech I have 3 times over. Allot of the things I purchsed show value and paid, and then refunded 0. How is that fair.
Posted Image

#7 SmackZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 303 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:50 AM

It's not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users