Hot-Fix Scheduled For 18-May-2017

47 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, May 18th at 4:00 PM PDT (11 PM UTC), to issue the following fixes:

AMS: Fixed an issue where AMS wouldn't protect against incoming LRMs and S-SRMs if they were chain-fired.

Assassin / Javelin / Roughneck: Fixed an issue where these 'Mechs still possessed two inherent Consumable Slots. As with all other 'Mechs they now have just one inherent Consumable Slot, with additional Slots available through the Skill Tree.

Assassin / Javelin / Roughneck / Supernova: Fixed an issue where Streak weaponry would appear as LRM weaponry.

ECM: Fixed an issue where un-Skilled ECM equipment wasn't providing the intended increase to weapon lock-on times.

MechLab: Fixed an issue where OmniMechs could save a Loadout and run matches with no Head, LT, LA, LL, and RL OmniPods equipped.

Skill Tree: Fixed an issue where players could encounter errors when trying to acquire Skill Points on certain 'Mech variants.

Skill Tree: Fixed an issue where the 'Additional Information' text within the Refund Ledger still referred to the original February 8th date for C-Bill Module Refunds, and not the final date of December 3rd. This was an issue with the informational text; not the refund itself.

Timber Wolf TBR-C [S]: Fixed incorrect Acceleration and Deceleration values.

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the standard MWO launcher
• Click the gear icon in the top right of the launcher window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

Knew this was coming!

#3 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

TBR-C(S) thank-you.

It is only lulz fun for so long to play this mech as is, in its current state.

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

Any word on the plummeting FPS after multiple skill tree specs? Its like each time I would fully fill out a skill tree and save, my MechLab FPS would drop... until it got all the way down to 10 FPS sitting in the mechlab.

It's fixed when I close the client and reopen it.

#5 LorDGuilhotinA

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

i noticed a delay in jumpjets sounds

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostLorDGuilhotinA, on 18 May 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Yep, noticed this as well.

#7 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

Any info when "incorrect" Accel and Decel values on 100 tonners get fixed? They are totally out of line with rest of mechs. Night gyr and Mad 2C, so so.

#8 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

Um...
Skill Tree: Fixed an issue where players could encounter errors when trying to acquire Skill Points on certain 'Mech variants.

I see nothing in there to suggest you are fixing the error wherein you can't apply HSP to mechs you ave more than 2 duplicates of.

Did I miss it? Was I not vocal enough about this in three general discussion threads, the patch feedback thread and the email I sent to tech support?

#9 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

Dropping a major patch on tuesday and a hotfix to follow on Friday Without fail. At least in this, PGI is consistent.

#10 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 18 May 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Um...

I see nothing in there to suggest you are fixing the error wherein you can't apply HSP to mechs you ave more than 2 duplicates of.

Did I miss it? Was I not vocal enough about this in three general discussion threads, the patch feedback thread and the email I sent to tech support?

Should be addressed with the fix. Hot-fix text is just a bit broad

#11 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

How about the jump jet sound fx "glitch". After the patch, jump jets sound like sth. was stuck in the vent and got blown out of it a second after it was fired.

#12 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

07 working hard PGI,

Will javelin event be beginning in 12 hours for Oceanic Friday evening ? pretty please ?

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 May 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Any word on the plummeting FPS after multiple skill tree specs? Its like each time I would fully fill out a skill tree and save, my MechLab FPS would drop... until it got all the way down to 10 FPS sitting in the mechlab.

It's fixed when I close the client and reopen it.

Restart Client till they fix itm if they haven't fixed it, only happened for me 1st day.

#13 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostCadoAzazel, on 18 May 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Will javelin event be beginning in 12 hours for Oceanic Friday evening ? pretty please ?

Time to get out the ssrm6 boats :)

#14 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 May 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

My quartet of Hellbringer Primes thank you.

#15 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Hey you guys forgot to remove the respec cost on the skill tree. Pretty obnoxious to be charged to change things.

#16 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 18 May 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thank you!!!!

#17 LorDGuilhotinA

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

theres another sound bug i noticed days ago, with some mechs in some situations a sound starts acompaning you for the match, the sound seams some sort of ball roling into a pipe or a closed environement.

#18 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

I had a bizarre issue on a Forest Colony Quick Play a day ago after the patch where my mech, with a Standard Engine lost a side torso and fell on it's back as if knocked down. I could still fire my weapons in the air but I couldn't move till the enemy finished me off. They must of seen my mech fall over too because at first they stopped shooting at me at first. My in game perspective went from first person to third as if I was dead and I was just watching my mech fire AC rounds and lasers into the air. It didn't say I was killed by anyone till they started shooting me on the ground seconds later.

I guess the code for knockdown is trying to haunt it's way back into the game?

#19 Urso Brasileiro

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostLorDGuilhotinA, on 18 May 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Oh thank GOD, I though something had gone wrong with my sound card!

#20 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

So for the next patch you may could fix the Executioners tilted cockpit, the Ccreenshot was taken while standing still. You can clearly see the different Angle when comparing it to the Incoursion Mode Boxes ;)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users