- - - - -

Since Range Is Not Important About For Lrms.

12 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

Why am I forced to use 10 skill nodes on ******* RANGE when I do not WANT ANY EXTRA ******* RANGE?

Posted Image

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

this would be better in patch feedback or feature sugestions.

PGI designed this tree and while my only complaint is that it is impossible to get heat reduction without cooldown (rendering heat reduction pretty much worthless for reducing your Mechs heat if you just want to hold down the fire button) I can understand your frustration, but the (own) goal hear was to increase the cost of the higher value nodes by having you get other perks which do not hurt your build.

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:29 AM

I know, I'm just venting since they do not seem to care there.

Make it freaking Linear! (or give us 10 more nodes to pay for the **** we do not want)

I see myself playing maybe 4-5 mechs out of my 92 or simply going to my Clan account. I do not see myself buying another mech. I have a lot of banked PT which I'll just save. On my Clan account, I might get the HBR-F when it comes on sale for C-Bills. And I do not buy PT on my Clan account.

I will have to take off the cool names I gave my mechs and simply call them how they are built. "LRM build" or "mobility build".

The fun has left the game for me which is a good thing and I want to thank PGI. I was addicted to this game and I was spending too much time and money on it. Both which should be used elsewhere.

I left Evercrack because of the carpal tunnel surgeries. I had another one to play this game. The only people who could stop me from spending time on this game was PGI and they did it. No more neck pain, no more wrist and hand pain. More time for gardening and exercise.

Thanks PGI for stopping me from playing this pointless game. You guys (and gals) ROCK!

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:01 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 19 May 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

or give us 10 more nodes to pay for the **** we do not want

That is just it, compaired to the old system you are getting the equivelent of being able to have all the old modules at once, in exchange for this you will have to take some skills you do not want, but it is literaly possible to max out cooldown and range for every weapon (about 60 modules worth a week ago) with max radar dep, siesmic, target decay, target info gathering, 360 target retention, advanced zoom, speed retention, improved giros, shock absorbance, hill climb and capture assist while still have 2 skill points left over to spend on something else.

If you do not believe me try it.

this new system gives you so many new options that I have serious trouble understanding the complaints (except maybe the number of clicks for the people who think they have to skill up 100 Mechs at once)

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 20 May 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#5 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:45 AM

I would think that this new skill tree would help us make our mechs "different". But since to have Radar Derp you have to take some sensor and target gathering, and for cooldown or anything, you have to take some range etc that means that most mechs have a lot of the same tools.

You can max out your sensor area and a lot of other mechs will be close because they have to.

Everyone has added range so it is not special.

It does not seem like you can reinforce the armor etc of any given area, like your RT etc.

If we were not forced to take certain skill nodes, there would be more "different" mechs in the game now.

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

I do consider it almost a bad joke that a weapon that almost every agrees should not be used at long range gets range pluses.

I saw that LRMs are now limited to 900m which should not be a problem. They could take them down to 700m and increase the speed of them IMO.

But luckily, PGI has brought back 90M of range/distance to the LRMs so they can almost be used at 1000ms.

And there was much rejoicing......

#7 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

I keep seeing posts like this.
I have no sympathy.
All I hear is whining because you cannot have everything you want
Well guess what
There is a term for those who get everything they want.
Spoiled Brat.
Time to grow up kids.
Time to prove that you no longer wear diapers

Edited by Wence the Wanderer, 20 May 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#8 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

Pathetic...... Crying about the game, telling ur gonna quit and that you gonna buy a Hbr in the same post.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

The irony?
It was originally going to be 75 unlocks according to the preview video first announcing their plan to do this.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

Though the skill tree they showed was more of a series of 3 hex 'choices'. You'd have 3 choices under each tree and you had to pick one.

Problem I can see with that is pretty simple:
Between the choice of kinetic burst, hard brake and anchor turn... I'd go straight kinetic burst.
Combine with maximum hill climb and....

Who needs jumpjets?

#11 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

While I'd agree that maximum range doesn't matter too much for LRMs, has anybody checked to see whether the 'low arc' range is increased by the range nodes? I don't play LRM-heavy builds often but I do know there's a point where the LRM 'lob shot' that takes a while to travel to the target becomes a lower arc where a full volley can get to the target reasonably quickly. If range nodes extend that 'low arc' range, then I think it does serve some usefulness.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:37 AM

That's a good question.

I never really focus on that, because my favorite LRMs are high arcs, with this being the ideal from the old classic MWO...

Low arcs were never useful to me as when enemies get that close, I switch mainly to SRMs or Streaks, though sometimes I combine Streaks / SRMs with a single LRM for closer range combat (such as the Griffin).

#13 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

You don't need too.. Skip the top right, and skip the top left.. go down through the middle, you lose a tiny bit of cooldown, and skill all that range you don't need.. then use those saved points on something better.

Ging really deep into Skill tree for srm's/LRM's is not the best thing to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users