129 replies to this topic

#81 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

@Teenage: there actually is new maps in the works. they're just not as easy to do as a new mech is (and definitely not as easy as just adding new hardpoints to an existing one is), and they're done by a diff art team.

plus.... actually having people pay specifically for maps opens up a whole new forum can of worms.

#82 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 May 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

I am trying really hard not to be snarky here, but if you run clan mechs, and you have just a smidge of patience, there are few clan mechs not improved via the skill tree, if only via the survival nodes alone...

Agreed my Nova's got hysterically better. ;)

View PostDark Madness X, on 19 May 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

The mech pictures are EXTREMELY misleading.....the loadouts the pictures have are no where EVEN CLOSE to what is stock shipped on them.

Yeah agreed on this - the disclaimer is almost laughable as at least normally they're vaguely close. That one pushed the boundaries of reality so far that it seems deliberate.

#83 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:00 AM

View PostAramuside, on 21 May 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Yeah agreed on this - the disclaimer is almost laughable as at least normally they're vaguely close. That one pushed the boundaries of reality so far that it seems deliberate.

If the hardpoints were accurate, I suppose you could put a clan 100XL in that hunchie and make it a viable turret...

#84 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

I'm trying to decide if the origins pack of worth it? Does it qualify you for full loyalty rewards by itself? I could drop $55 for 2 cbill boosted ntg...

#85 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 23 May 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

I'm trying to decide if the origins pack of worth it? Does it qualify you for full loyalty rewards by itself? I could drop $55 for 2 cbill boosted ntg...

That's the rub. They won't announce their loyalty rewards (if there will be any) until August. That's when they'll announce the requirements as well. So buying a full IIC pack (There are good mechs all through up to the HGN IIc now with the skill tree!) will probably *help* you qualify for something, it won't inherently *ensure* you qualify for anything by itself.

This is all assuming you are buying with cash, otherwise none of it counts really...

Edited by MovinTarget, 23 May 2017 - 09:59 AM.

#86 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

Nice sale again - many people will buy...

#87 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

I'm sorry, PGI, but stripping off all the armour and adding as many weapons [without ammo] as you possibly can to the Mechs does not make them look 'cool'... it makes you look silly.

#88 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Sucks overall. I don't know whether this is half-assed, or try-hard. But certainly its a fail.

#89 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:02 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 23 May 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

That's the rub. They won't announce their loyalty rewards (if there will be any) until August. That's when they'll announce the requirements as well. So buying a full IIC pack (There are good mechs all through up to the HGN IIc now with the skill tree!) will probably *help* you qualify for something, it won't inherently *ensure* you qualify for anything by itself.

This is all assuming you are buying with cash, otherwise none of it counts really...

Has the Orion/Highlander IIC improved with the tree as I originally hated them so much I stopped leveling them after a handful of matches? I did really enjoy the light and medium though.

#90 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

I just had a thought. heard of the AC 20 locust? Now think of the CUAC 20 Jenner...

#91 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Orion IIc with LB20 and 4 SRM4s for the mini-atlas brawler is great for the right map on FP... Worry less about offensive skills, make it Tanky and Agile first.

I was having fun with the Highlander IIc with 3 ER PPC, TC Mk7, 3 JJ. Skilled offensively and maxxed JJ tree... Makes for a *really* mean poptart.

#92 Empischon

• Pip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

I ran out of salt in my kitchen so I came here for resupply. I was not disappointed :D

#93 WayfaringCastaway

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

I'd like to understand the dev's thoughts behind these variants. I'm not posting anything new, but It strikes me that PGI really took to heart the people pointing to the previous CW 2 & 3 hero mechs as P2W, and decided to made these heros fall just slightly short of the bar set by the variants that are currently available for C-bills. Now on the other side of the coin, all of the paint jobs are Noice Posted Image.

The Fury strikes me as either an overgrown Locust 1V, or a light weight Cicada 3C. Both are heavy on the ballistic hard-points, yet light on available tonnage to really make effective use of them. Thus neither of which appeal to me, even when both are available for C-bills.

The Deathwish is the clan version of the IS 4H. I was hoping (like others) for a clan version of the Grid Iron, a hero that combines all three weapon types, but with the ability to hop.

The Skoll is the one that interests me the most, and really feels like the close, but not quite there sibling of the Orion IIC family when compared to the other C-bill variants. I like Orions. My first mech purchase with C-bills was an Orion, my first Hero was the Protector, and I paid for early access to get the IIC-C version of the Clan Orion. But I dunno how I feel about this hero version. The MASC makes it interesting, but it's light (in number) on the hardpoints, and the engine cap doesn't really lend itself to becoming a heavy weight skirmisher that can have a lot of agility to make up for the light load (in number) of weapons. If the Skoll is the Clan equivalent of the Protector, I'd say give it one additional ballistic. If that would be inching too close in to the IIC-C's territory and have to much power creep when added with the MASC, give it one additional missile hard point. No, it does not need an additional energy hardpoint.

The Highlander IIC Keeper? They took the IIC-C version, and replaced two energy hardpoints with two missile hardpoints. Is it bad? No. Two UAC 10s, four SRM4 (I dunno what to expect from ATMs) and a heavy medium, or medium pulse lase? That isn't bad for punch and you should still be able to shoehorn in a XL 325, the biggest engine it can take, with one or two jump jets on the side. But then again, this is a Highlander IIC we are talking about. Though this type is fun to drive from time to time, it is hard to justify spending real money on, especially if you already have the (O) version.

On a seperate, but related topic. I hope that going forwar, if PGI does another mech pack (I am sure they will), that they just show the stripped out, no weapons load out, beautiful paint job and call it good till it releases. Granted the fictional loadouts are fun to look at and lend each mech a certain type of 'sexiness', which is not nessisarly bad. PGI has done this before with the Clan Wave 1,2, and 3 heros, AND EACH TIME they did provide a disclaimer on each of the 'small' mech portraits that the artwork does not reflect final loadout. But lets all be honest here, what percentage of the population read the "small" print? It would just be helpful if PGI displayed the awesome artwork they do, without causing unnecessary consternation to their customers/users.

Just my $0.05.

#94 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

Only reason i didn't buy origins is my new bank card wasn't here yet haha

#95 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 20 May 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Didn't realize the ECM was cannon.

It isn't mentioned in Stackpole's book...

Nah, ECM is an electronics countermeasure suite, not a cannon. A PPC is a cannon.

Or did you mean canon?

#96 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:53 AM

View PostGr Armpit, on 24 May 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I just had a thought. heard of the AC 20 locust? Now think of the CUAC 20 Jenner...

Jenner is a 35 tonner, adder can mount UAC20, urbie can mount AC20, nothing special.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 May 2017 - 01:53 AM.

#97 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:20 AM

HBK-IIC promo art is false advertising. The Hero doesn't have 3E and 2B on either side torso, nor 1E CT. Isn't this illegal in the US or something?

#98 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:44 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 26 May 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

HBK-IIC promo art is false advertising. The Hero doesn't have 3E and 2B on either side torso, nor 1E CT. Isn't this illegal in the US or something?

Not if they have fine print stating "Images do not reflect final product"

Besides, how many times have people been fooled by the appearance of food in a commercial only to find the reality is *nothing* like the advertisement (i.e. much smaller/bigger/uglier/etc)...

It's really nothing new, you were just smart enough to notice the hardpoints don't match ahead of time. Most of their mockups have this issue, these are just more extreme.

#99 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hey everyone,

We've just posted an update regarding the IIC Hero 'Mech Loadouts and the promotional images originally used on the pre-order page. You can check out the details here: https://mwomercs.com...-iic-hero-mechs

Tl;dr
We buffed the Jenner and Orion a little bit, the Highlander and Hunchback remain the same.
Though they don't match the eventual Hero Loadouts, we're using new renders for each 'Mech to reign in the excessive Loadout situation seen with the original renders.

#100 WayfaringCastaway

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

Humm. I wasn't expecting PGI to add another energy point to the Orion. My initial thought were that it didn't need it, adding a second ballistics would have been borderline power creep (not something you really want with a pay only mech), and that a second missile hardpoint would have been fine. But I'll take it. Thank you for listening to your users PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users