Warning/ Incomparable Node Individual Indicators

5 replies to this topic

#1 itsGreyspot

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Related to the unusable blocking nodes, for the UI, is there any way to visually show which nodes have warning and incompatible states? On each of the node pages there's a warning, but it might help to have some additional visual cues. Unfortunately it was on my list of things to look for while PTS was up but I didn't get the chance to look much so I'm going by what I remember seeing/not seeing.

#2 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

This is always the most ironic thing. Warning us that we're taking unusable nodes when we're forced to take unusable nodes.

#3 itsGreyspot

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:51 AM

View PostCato Phoenix, on 01 May 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

This is always the most ironic thing. Warning us that we're taking unusable nodes when we're forced to take unusable nodes.

Yep, hopefully this will be a tool to help players plan their paths better and give players info to decide if weapon load out changes need a respec.

#4 DiscoCool

Rookie

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:55 AM

Seriously - how do I know which node I can't use. Mine look fine. This is horrible, horrible planning.

#5 FREDtheROLF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:57 AM

AMS but no AMS and a like.

You can take these node but they will have no effect.

Edited by FREDtheROLF, 17 May 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#6 dillsOn

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostDiscoCool, on 17 May 2017 - 05:55 AM, said:

Seriously - how do I know which node I can't use. Mine look fine. This is horrible, horrible planning.

Yeah, they REALLY big time messed this up. This was one of the first things I noticed when the ST went live. I just cannot believe no one through the QA and then PTS asked "Now, wich nodes are incompatible?" ...

It should have been obvious that instead of a small icon in the top left of the tree that contains "incompatible" node should be a sign on each individual node taht may not apply, obviously since they're identifying the fact that a tree may have incomp. ... So, don't be ignorant, or rude, continue providing feedback. Like many things humans do there are varying degrees of trial, error and repetition which help our soft, squishy brains improve the quality of our creations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users